What first car should I get?

terrytek

OK, so I really don't know what to get for my first car once I get my driver's license. I really have 7 choices of cars I want. My four choices:

1 Acura Integra/Honda Civic Si (only B engine only)

2. Mazdaspeed 6

3. Mazdaspeed 3

4. Mazdaspeed Protege

5. Subaru WRX STI

6 Nissan 350Z.

Lancer Evo IX or X insurance too high

7. Mazdaspeed MX-5

8. Nissan 240SX.

I really am having a hard time choosing, since all these cars are good. But I don't have time to test drive every single one. Can somebody help me with pros and cons of each cars so it can at least narrow down my selection?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

is that even a question?

5 or 7 (yet i am a nissan fanboy)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

OK, so I really don't know what to get for my first car once I get my driver's license. I really have 7 choices of cars I want. My four choices:

1. Where do you live (do you get lots of snow)

2. What's your budget

3. What's important to you in a car

"Rawr XD"

id get wither the WRX STI or the Lancer

even though. my suzuki Aerio is more than good :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1. Where do you live (do you get lots of snow)

2. What's your budget

1. Modesto, California (in the valley, but it will get frosty once in a while.

2. 8K USD.

Surprisingly, it doesn't snow here, yet there are so many 4WD cars like Subies and Evos here.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

first car an evo ix/x jesus are you made of money? the insurance would be through the roof. (applies to most of these cars tbh)

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

1. Modesto, California (in the valley, but it will get frosty once in a while.

2. 8K USD.

Surprisingly, it doesn't snow here, yet there are so many 4WD cars like Subies and Evos here.

first car an exo ix/x jesus are you made of money? the insurance would be through the roof. (applies to most of these cars tbh)

^This. If you don't want stupid expensive insurance rates and don't mind a bit of understeer then get the MS3 or MS Protege 

"Rawr XD"

first car an exo ix/x jesus are you made of money? the insurance would be through the roof. (applies to most of these cars tbh)

The insurance on the evo is that high? damn. that might be a no go for me then.

I might go with the Mazdaspeed Protege since my dad has the stock version and insurance is pretty cheap on it.

Jeez, you are swimming in money I guess. Subaru is veeery boring inside, I would go for Evo X it's sexy.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Go with the evo I'm a Mitsubishi sucker.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I share a Mazda 3 with my father and it is absolutely awesome. 5 years and we only had a "problem", a used up transmission belt which had to be swapped. Else it was excellent.

They even called us to the garage to solve a firmware error with the interior lighting not working as intended a couple of months after we got it shipped from Japan. I will definitelly get another Mazda after this one.

Its a 2009 Mazda 3, Diesel 115HorsePower. has an average 4,6L/100KM.

Love it, find it a better drive than my mothers Audi A2. 100/10 recommended :D

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

1 Acura Integra/Honda Civic Si (only B engine only)

2. Mazdaspeed 6

3. Mazdaspeed 3

4. Mazdaspeed Protege

5. Subaru WRX STI

6 Nissan 350Z.

7. Lancer Evo IX or X

I really am having a hard time choosing, since all these cars are good. But I don't have time to test drive every single one. Can somebody help me with pros and cons of each cars so it can at least narrow down my selection?

jesus in the uk for a first time driver the insurance would cost more than the cards worth. not joking :P 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I'd vouch for the WRX STI. They look so awesome parked in public.

Sig under construction.

The insurance on the evo is that high? damn. that might be a no go for me then.

I might go with the Mazdaspeed Protege since my dad has the stock version and insurance is pretty cheap on it.

Do you pay for your own gas or do your parents pay for it? And how much speed do you need (not want)

"Rawr XD"

Fuck the 350z get a 2009 370z, beautiful fucking cars. My friend has one with a cheepo Hellion kit, it's stupid fast with only 9psi.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

jesus in the uk for a first time driver the insurance would cost more than the cards worth. not joking :P

Well, I don't live in the UK. I live in "Merica.

I'd say none of them buy some junk to learn in for a year or two then buy one of the cars listed above

I do have a piece of junk. It's called a minivan. I have to drive that first.

Do you pay for your own gas or do your parents pay for it? And how much speed do you need (not want)

I pay for it. I do some freeway driving to get to school.

Nissan 350Z. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

Don't get a car like the STi or an Evo for your first car. Learn to drive first. And when I say learn to drive, I mean learn to not kill yourself when driving semi aggressively like we all probably would in an STi or Evo. Hahaha.

You'd also want to think about insurance. You get a car like those and your insurance company will be busting your balls to the moon and back, especially if you get into an accident.

My first car was a 2000 BMW 323i. After someone rear ended me and I got my money from my totaled car, I went out and bought a 2000 328Ci. I love my car. It has good enough power for me to enjoy driving it, and it's really good with insurance.

But, if you're Hell bent on one of those, I would still not recommend any and would say get a blob eye WRX. It'll still be a lot of power (possibly too much) for a new driver, but you're less likely to kill yourself.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I pay for it. I do some freeway driving to get to school.

Freeway driving then 350Z, a V6 is a lot smoother then any i4 on the freeway. 

But all of these cars aside from the Hondas (and maybe MS Protege) won't be easy on your wallet when it comes to fuel economy. 

"Rawr XD"

Freeway driving then 350Z, a V6 is a lot smoother then any i4 on the freeway. 

But all of these cars aside from the Hondas (and maybe MS Protege) won't be easy on your wallet when it comes to fuel economy. 

yeah but a 350Z bought for 8K wont be that reliable. VQ engine is not the most reliable one out there.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Also, I don't agree with people saying to buy a junker first. If you have a junker you'll hate it and won't give a shit about it. Buy a nice car (but one that won't kill you) that you really like first so you can learn to take care of it.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

yeah but a 350Z bought for 8K wont be that reliable. VQ engine is not the most reliable one out there.

VQ35s are great in terms of reliability. I had a 2005 Maxima before and it was amazing, only issue with most of the VQ35 cars are the transmissions, but mine was a 6-speed.

"Rawr XD"