North Korea has lost internet, US responsible?

Real_PhillBert

It's just stupid since if we did do this, then it's really fucking childish.

You and I know best of all how our government is :)

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The pictures on this thread are better than the actual content which is prett funny to begin with.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Well... 1024 devices did lol

Technically, and I'm getting into semantics here, they might have had more or less than 1024 devices. They had 1024 assigned official addresses, but they may have been using just a hundred, or they could have NATed the addresses to use more than 1024 devices, or, as I hinted, been using addresses of which it is not known they're North Korean.

Technically, and I'm getting into semantics here, they might have had more or less than 1024 devices. They had 1024 assigned addresses, but they may have been using just a hundred, or they could have NATed the addresses to use more than 1024 devices.

True, but we are splitting hairs when you compare that number to the billions of IP addresses that the US has.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

True, but we are splitting hairs when you compare that number to the billions of IP addresses that the US has.

Yep, it's not like the common North Korean will notice. All they have is access to the North Korean Network, full of propaganda.

I was on a North Korean site earlier this week (Can't reach it now, obviously) and all it spoke about was how South Korea was violating human rights and how Human Rights Organizations are actually scum.  :rolleyes:

Yep, it's not like the common North Korean will notice. All they have is access to the North Korean Network, full of propaganda.

I was on a North Korean site earlier this week (Can't reach it now, obviously) and all it spoke about was how South Korea was violating human rights and how Human Rights Organizations are actually scum.  :rolleyes:

Lol.  But I have sometimes wondered how you would really know if the information we are seeing (like our internet) is full of propaganda as well. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm sure a country full of starving brainwashed people are gonna care about this. It's not like they can download food, especially when its all in their leaders stomach.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Really? You got the world's biggest and strongest military force, highest tech weapons and the best thing they came up with was a glorified DDOS attack... How fucking nerd have the world become...

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Lol.  But I have sometimes wondered how you would really know if the information we are seeing (like our internet) is full of propaganda as well. 

If you are only reading/watching news from american websites, more than likely its filtered to some degree. but whats the alternative... alex jones?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Doubt north korea was behind the attacks also apparently the fbi evidence is bs and they "lost" the evidence.

It's absolutely loaded to the hilt with propaganda and misinformation, there is no doubt about that.  The thing is though,  in the US, Australia and UK there is also counter information and at least a monica of unbiased government/university funded sites to counter the BS.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Right now, it could be the US or another problem, maybe it could be North Korea.  Seeing as they are being blamed for hacking Sony Pictures and threatening movie cinemas I can see why they would want to do this and blame the US for striking back at them.  

To me this seems like a childish fight, however instead its real people who are being affected.   While if North Korea did indeed strike the hack on Sony, then I beileve they deserve this, yes. But at the same time I would have thought the world would be more mature, I would have thought Kim Jong Uhn, or whatever his name is.  Would say a formal comment to the US stating why the Interview Movie offended him and how he would not tolerate the movie being shown. 

But really, I think I'm putting my hopes to high. The emperor of North Korea is a little crazy.   And if the US doesn't show that they are powerful and strong it could put them and other countries at risk. 

You and I know best of all how our government is :)

Stupid.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

hmm... i bet they shut it down just so they could blame the US and start a war xD

just seems like something they would do.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I Wonder if this actually effects anyone thats not actually in the government. whats sad is, more people outside of north korea might know the internet is down then people inside of north korea. I mean, how many people that live in north Korea have access to the internet to begin with? 

because apparently acording to earlier in the thread, they have 1024 devices connected to the internet?(aprox)? does that mean my school alone has more internet connected devices then north Korea? 

I Wonder if this actually effects anyone thats not actually in the government. whats sad is, more people outside of north korea might know the internet is down then people inside of north korea. I mean, how many people that live in north Korea have access to the internet to begin with? 

because apparently acording to earlier in the thread, they have 1024 devices connected to the internet?(aprox)? does that mean my school alone has more internet connected devices then north Korea? 

Or kim jong un tripped over a cable

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Or kim jong un tripped over a cable

whats sad, is that some companies might have single buildings that have more proccessing power then their whole country. I mean our school has 8 30 pc labs(240 pcs), and 2 Imac labs. both are running last year I5s. between that, and the chromebooks. let alone the school has public wifi, and almost all of the 2000 students have smartphones. let alone any ipods/tablets. so. kinda wrecks their country. and thats one school. hell my house alone is probably pushing 50-60 devices alone

whats sad, is that some companies might have single buildings that have more proccessing power then their whole country. I mean our school has 8 30 pc labs(240 pcs), and 2 Imac labs. both are running last year I5s. between that, and the chromebooks. let alone the school has public wifi, and almost all of the 2000 students have smartphones. let alone any ipods/tablets. so. kinda wrecks their country. and thats one school. hell my house alone is probably pushing 50-60 devices alone

So what you're saying, is that a single household with a few PC's is capable of ddos'ing their entire country? Pathetic, they truly are the "diet coke of evil"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well Lizard Squad DDOS:ed one of Sweden's largest ISP's (or well, it was EA that they DDOS:ed but Telia was their ISP) not that long ago which made pretty much all of Telia's customers disconnected completely from the Internet, since broadband, IP-phone and IP-tv stopped working. Telia has millions of customers while NK seems to have about a thousand.

I don't think they have several ISP's in their country with that few amount of users. Just an assumption though. Therefore, if their one ISP is DDOS:ed, then it's not that unlikely that everything stops working.

how long ago was this and how long was the internet down? Because I haven't had issues for the past 2-3 years with them.

It is not that hard to take a complete country down, when it is such a country like North Korea, as we are talking about getting to main servers IPs, and taking them down. Think of it like this..

ISPs have multiple devices that are being let access to the internet by a main router, this main router is the one that has the original internet access, its basically like your own network. I dont know how many ISPs they have in North Korea, but I guess you can count them in one hand. Furthermore, if this is actions taken by the United States Government, I just can't stop to love them, awesome move.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm not an expert, but can you DDos an entire country?

Considering north korea censors 99% of the internet and only a couple thousand devices are connected at any time it might just be possible ^^ but I highly doubt the US would be doing it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*