North Korea has lost internet, US responsible?

Real_PhillBert

Oh god this North Korea vs USA war is going to end up like most YouTube comment arguments isn't it =_=

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

I Wonder if this actually effects anyone thats not actually in the government. whats sad is, more people outside of north korea might know the internet is down then people inside of north korea. I mean, how many people that live in north Korea have access to the internet to begin with? 

because apparently acording to earlier in the thread, they have 1024 devices connected to the internet?(aprox)? does that mean my school alone has more internet connected devices then north Korea? 

For some reason I tried to read your text with my head sideways after looking at your profile picture lol

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Really? You got the world's biggest and strongest military force, highest tech weapons and the best thing they came up with was a glorified DDOS attack... How fucking nerd have the world become...

Would you have a better suggestion for an American response?

Doubt north korea was behind the attacks also apparently the fbi evidence is bs and they "lost" the evidence.

Source?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

JjX9y.png

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Oh god this North Korea vs USA war is going to end up like most YouTube comment arguments isn't it =_=

resulting in religion?  yes probably.   Or maybe even politics.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just for anybody who doesn't know, only the government there had internet, nothing for the citizens.

And now for my part;

North Korea life

North korea Is best korea 328e5c 4521494

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Oh, yay. If the US did do this, then Obama can go shove a lava rock up his ass.

Umm this is a good thing.

Just for anybody who doesn't know, only the government there had internet, nothing for the citizens.

And now for my part;

Seriously, that meme has been posted at least a half dozen times already in the various NK/Sony hack threads. No need to keep posting it. Ha ha, we get it. Funny... the first time :rolleyes:

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Seriously, that meme has been posted at least a half dozen times already in the various NK/Sony hack threads. No need to keep posting it. Ha ha, we get it. Funny... the first time :rolleyes:

And this doesn't get old?

81e0af215ea87afb53613a295d79329f.png

And this doesn't get old?

-annoying snip of shit-

Oh no, that meme is much worse. I call it out every fucking time I see it (And generally report the post too, because it's fucking annoying as hell).

However, just because one meme hasn't become as annoying as another that's been around for a year, does not make it good to keep posting it :P

If the country only has a few thousand IP's and some very tenuous connections to the rest of the world, how is it possible for them to carry out the attacks everyone says they did without it being blatantly obvious to everyone?

Through these new fangled things called emails and airplanes. You think they'd do it from their own country? They hire people or send people into other country's so tracing becomes much harder.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Really shocking to read stuff like this. You forget how fortunate you are to live in the U.S. The world really is a crazy place.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I Wonder if this actually effects anyone thats not actually in the government.

You can access the internet via special (Windowx XP) terminals. However, one can only receive emails and access certain websites but not send anything. For the duration of the access, you are supervised (by a human).

Jesus... childish if it is a retaliation.

Its still unconfirmed if it was n korea. Reminding me of the whole bush wmd saga. No proof? Gtfo.

I may sound like a hippy but, we have one world to live in. Our future generations will need to enhabit this earth

I wish countries would actually all unite for once and focus on real world problems.

For those that do, I don't think the Internet is their biggest concern. Food and electricity are two that immediately come to mind.

0e471b6aab5e.jpg

Yeah that is true...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

how long ago was this and how long was the internet down? Because I haven't had issues for the past 2-3 years with them.

Just a few weeks ago, you can read about it on Aftonbladet.se (since you're a swede) here. This particular article says it was an attack for three hours during the night but due to some issues at Telia it had bigger consequences.

But if I remember correctly I believe it lasted for a few days (maybe not the attack itself but the issues afterwards with getting online and especially the IP-tv for me personally.) Their website, telia.se, was offline for quite some time as well, I tried getting on Friday last week (21 of December) but couldn't, I'm not sure if that has to do with the DDOS but it was offline since. (It is back online now though.)

But I'm not sure all of their customers were affected, only my ip-tv was really affected. I could still use my phone and use my broadband. But my friends, who live a few meters across from me with Telia couldn't use anything. So I guess it affected people differently.

So their has been quite a few issues due to that DDOS even to a very large ISP as Telia. But everything is back and working now though.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Just a few weeks ago, you can read about it on Aftonbladet.se (since you're a swede) here. This particular article says it was an attack for three hours during the night but due to some issues at Telia it had bigger consequences.

But if I remember correctly I believe it lasted for a few days (maybe not the attack itself but the issues afterwards with getting online and especially the IP-tv for me personally.) Their website, telia.se, was offline for quite some time as well, I tried getting on Friday last week (21 of December) but couldn't, I'm not sure if that has to do with the DDOS but it was offline since. (It is back online now though.)

But I'm not sure all of their customers were affected, only my ip-tv was really affected. I could still use my phone and use my broadband. But my friends, who live a few meters across from me with Telia couldn't use anything. So I guess it affected people differently.

So their has been quite a few issues due to that DDOS even to a very large ISP as Telia. But everything is back and working now though.

Guess i was lucky.

i don't have Phone or Tv with them, just internet. But yeah. didn't notice anything at all.

More like, North Korea had "internet".

596.gif

Lol, all of the shit in that video is ancient. Most of it is from the 70's, some of it as old as the 50's. They lack fuel and ammo to properly train their troops. People don't realize how dirt poor North Korea is. Military equipment costs a lot of money. The united states spends over 500 billion dollars annually on defense. North Koreas entire gdp is 40 billion dollars. They are among the poorest countries in the world. Sure, when the soviet union was supplying them they had high end tech, but the soviet union no longer exists.

Anyway, my point is, planes, tanks, apcs etc from the 50's and 70's are pretty much useless against anything from the 90's to present day.

Conceal your intentions