Linus Stahp

SuperPug

@LinusTech @Slick

Why are you guys doing the ''teaser for future video / subscribe for more'' snippet at the beginning of the video. Why not put it at the end like everyone else? Between the video introduction, the subscribe snippet, the sponsored ad, and the LLT intro it just takes way to long to get to the actual content IMO. And as someone whos already subscribed i find it kinda annyoing.

Anyone else bothered by that or am i being a douche?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I don't mind it.Keeps me in the loop on what's coming.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Well they're clearly seeing benefits from it (greater viewer retention and subscriptions), so they're continuing it.

I personally like both the idea and the act.

Sig under construction.

A really don't like how @LinusTech does it but when @Slick does it it's okay and I like it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I personally don't like it either but it does have benefits for their channel so I guess it's okay.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

cesrai, on 22 Dec 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

A really don't like how @LinusTech does it but when @Slick does it it's okay and I like it.

I agree with this, I prefer Linus being the host over Luke but Luke does a better job of making a good segue.

The only way it's going to stop is if they see no impact or a negative impact from doing the preview. I personally get annoyed with it (especially when Linus does it since he seems to do such a hard cut to the preview); but, I'm glad that they are getting more views/subscribers from the tactic.

I'm not a fan at all, no matter who does it. I'd prefer the heart of the content to be about that particular subject then at the end they could tease it. Isn't that a better way? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

They get more subscribers from it, and more subscribers = more money.

More money = higher quality videos.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Couldn't tell if you're serious but still, lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

what? its way better to say whats coming next and what to subscribe for, way better then at the end where every person on you tube just flat out says to subscribe. as someone who already is, I like about hearing whats coming up soon. 

Couldn't tell if you're serious but still, lol.

I'm dead serious I like @Slick implementation more .

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I kinda like it, since then I'm waiting and waiting for it to come.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Why do so many people complain about this, it keeps you in the loop to what's coming and encourages people to sub.

And I mean, come on, it only lasts a couple seconds, is it really that much of a big deal.

I know a lot of people, me included, close YouTube videos before the typical like/sub/comment/ what's coming next section at the end, so this way you still get to find out about future content

most people don't watch the last 10-5 seconds so doing it in the beginning allows them to get the word out as well it can draw newer people into the channel.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

I feel like the LTP team does it in a classy enough way, that it's just getting me more excited for the next videos to come, and the ads too. I like to look at all the pretty computer parts I can never afford! :D

*_*_*_*_*_*_*Personal Rig*_*_*_*_*_*_*

CPU: Core i7 7700k @ 5.1 GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SSC ACX 3.0

MOBO: ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI/AC

RAM: 16 GB HyperX Fury

COOLER: NZXT Kraken X52

CASE: NZXT S340 Elite

STORAGE:  500GB NVME Samsung 960 Pro

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

4TB Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM)

How many of us actually watch until the end? I prefer it this way because I have the attention span of a goldfish.

Why have you put IMO it's redundant, if you created a topic to complain you are already giving your opinion.

(Yes I am totaly not on the subject but that's because I think they got a great idea with that and I don't want them to stop it.)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

How many of us actually watch until the end? I prefer it this way because I have the attention span of a goldfish.

So unless theres food in question you only remember things 3 seconds ? That must be rough.

:P

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

So unless theres food in question you only remember things 3 seconds ? That must be rough.

:P

You know a goldfish has memory retention over five months?

I find posts like these ridiculous.

The only thing i think about whenever its time for sponsor spots or subscribe messages, is that i feel okay with it and that i want LTT to succeed. I don't really listen to it anymore, i just don't care! :D

who cares...