Future plans for your PC?

melias24

* New case (H440)

* Custom Watercooler

* PC case lighting

* New %60 keyboard with MX reds, and custom Keycaps. (Or I'll just do it to my Blackwidow)

* Better mousepad

* Get a Blue Yeti or a Audio Techinca AT2020

* Add more storage (mostly SSD's)

You're reading this. Why are you reading this?

- New mainboard

- New ram

- New case, new fans

- New dvd drive

- New HDD

- SSD

- GTA V for PC

I'm thinking about going x99 or get an x79 & xeon combo 
2x 1tb ssd's in raid 0 and 32gb of ram and maybe another 980 down the road

Something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qbCzGX  but substitute the GPU's for 20nm(or 16nm) and even can substitute the CPU and Mobo for possibly Skylake or AMD Zen(depending which yields best performance.  May even wait for Skylake-E).

A new hard drive, for the sake of redundancy! 

If I lost everything on my harddrive I think I would turn into a hermit, so many things relevant to university that I might just not continue studying out of desperation from seeing it all gone. 

Throw mine out of my Window (It's a crappy old laptop). Then build a new one

Soooooo many skyrim mods..

Hardware wise? Dunno, broke right now. Definitely wish I could run four 980's and do a custom loop water cooled loop.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, I don't have a graphics card yet, so that's definitely a priority, but after that I'd like an SSD(s) and some new hard drives, then a custom water loop, then new case fans.

In the distant future I'm gonna upgrade CPU/Mobo/RAM, I think I'll wait for Skylake-E, or Cannonlake if it's out when I finally do it.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

Building one.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Future Plans - 1TB SSD and a custom loop 

Specs: Intel i7-4790k | Corsair H60 | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | 4x4g Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte g1 970 | Sandisk u110 128GB SSD | 1TB Toshiba Hard Drive | Corsair RM750 | Corsair Air 540 4 Corsair AF120 LED Purple 2 Corsair AF140 LED Purple

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming - Coming from 750 Ti

Corsair 230T - I hate my Bitfenix Prodigy M

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P AM3+ Motherboard - My FX 8370 is being throttled by my cheap mobo

Blue LED light strip - Good looks

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

I'll probably wait for the R9 4 series or GTX 1000 before upgrading my aging 650 TI BOOST. Uni life means I have to be conservative with my cash :( A new case would be sweet though, not a huge fan of my Zalman Z9 - I swear that is has a dust magnet inside just drawing in all the dust in the house.

After i build mine in 2-3 months i plan a decent list of upgrades.

2- additional Asus VX228H 21.5 monitors

1- additional Gigabyte G1 970 or 960 depending on what happens at CES

1- Ergotech triple monitor stand

1- LED light kit for my case

A mechanical keyboard with white backlight

A full 7.1 surround sound system which will double as surround for my tv as well

Some Astro A40's for gaming

A full custom water cooling loop with white nano fluid

Build a custom disk drive mount for under my desk since the case ill be getting doesnt have optical drive bays

Build a custom fan controller mount as well for under my desk (both mounts will be fastened to the underside of the desk with 1/2 inch long wood screws)

Have the window on my case tinted with a light smoke tint

Take the front cover off of my case and have a Skull carved into it since I will have white LED fans behind it to illuminate it.

Have the back side panel painted with a black and white ichigo from bleach mural of him in Final Getsuga Tensho

Thats about it i plan to have all of that accomplished within a year of the initial build thats happening sometime in mid-late February.

BTW for anyone who doesnt know the picture i was referring to something like this

mugetsu-ichigo_zps8a025c1b.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a monitor mount soon, so I can clean up my desk a little and work on cable management. Then I need to get a part for my (currently broken) TV and find some way to mount it above my monitors I have now.

Maybe if I ever get enough money, I'll get a new mobo and another GPU so I can SLI, even though I don't need it at all.

"So I can just put anything here and they'll print it?"

I have an i7-4790k sitting next to me and an ASUS Z97-Pro that will be here tomorrow. I just have to wait till christmas to do anything with them because of an agreement with my parents for helping me pay for said upgrades. And shameless self thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/254527-major-upgrading-and-modding-on-my-first-build-finished-for-now/#entry3486698

Everything I have done with her for the last month.

I posted earlier and I have added one more thing to the list, A Kingston 240GB SSD, My 5year old 1TB WD Black Caviar is finally starting to die, She will probably go a little after Christmas.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

Current system is an i7 3770 built new in feb of 2013.  Early next year its time for an upgrade.  The CPU and mobo are fine.  I will get another 2-3 years out of those.  But 

1 -  Fractal Define R5 -  Moving from a arc midi R2

2 - Replace the fans with Be Quiet fans

3 -  Replace the CPU cooler with a Be Quiet shadow rock slim

4 -  Replace the graphics card with a GTX 980

5 -  Have an SSD for boot but mech for storage and apps.  Going to get a 1TB 850 EVO and relegate the storage drive to a backup drive only.  

6 - Figure out something to do with the Arc Midi R2 before summer.  

Build another one!

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Get an ssd

21:9 monitor

Fanlessafy my system

Watercool

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

- Full size ATX board and mid tower case

- High end GPU

- SSD

Current Build:

AMD FX-6300 - ASUS M5A78L-M LX+ - Radeon HD 7770 - WD 500GB HDD - 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu

I'd like to upgrade my CPU once skylake comes out, but the only real upgrade I feel like would make a difference is a new GPU. My 670 is really starting to show its age.

Selling my two GPU's and getting a 290x.  Theyre hella cheap right now.  Also plan on upgrading the CPU and motherboard when intel/amd bring their newest chips to the market.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

More RAM, like seriously. 8GB is just not cutting it.

Jesus I remember getting a PC years ago with 256MB of DDR and thought it was amazing, also I remember when 1GB DDR2 was around and thought it was out of this world lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

ive only got two things that i think i would need in the future/near future:

-aftermarket cpu cooler, for when i want to begin overclocking.

-new ram, the old ram looks poopoo in this nice new rig o' mine

-new keyboard and maybe mouse

long term plans:

-add another 770

-add moar ssd's!!!!111!!oneone!!!111!!!

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)