Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Not Tech)

SaleemVFX

Atmospheric combat with X-wings, MF and TIEs? What is this? Air Wars?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

there can be inventive ways to use Quilons than just keeping your fingers safe

Yay^^ Matt from scholagladiatoria :D 

Hopefully i can go to one of his fight camps when i train in historical fencing 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Damn, I can't wait for this.

2015 is going to be a good year for movies, I can feel it. This and Jurassic World look like they're going to be epic movies.

Seriously, look at this shit

--snip--

edit: Also, Disney, if you screw up Star Wars I swear I will hate you more than I do Jar Jar Binks, and I will personally make it my life's goal to come to your house and beat you into a pulp until your face looks like Jabba the Hutt.

Jurassic world lacks the Goldblum though.  -_-

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I hate the zooming in on the Millennium Falcon during at the end of the trailer. Films don't need that crap! 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Illuminati confirmed

30718-Back-to-the-Future-Star-Wars-E-GJS

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

That... Didn't look very good.

John Boyega as the main character? I honest to God thought it was a parody trailer when I first saw him pop up from the bottom of the screen and that silly sound played to try to scare you.

I haven't watched any of the movies he has been in (although Attack The Block seems decent so I'll check that out) but my first impressions so far is bad. The scene just seemed really goofy.

What the hell is up with that football robot? Why!? Cool effect but it reminds me of episode 1-3 where they shoved a bunch of useless stuff into the movie to try to sell more toys.

Those X-wings flying above the water looked so cool. Really really cool effect.

That lightsaber is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. The only thing it will do is increase the risk of harming yourself by 10,000%. I know it's a fantasy but even fantasy settings need clearly defined rules, and this design choice breaks them.

I don't recall it being "a dark side and a light". Maybe I misinterpreted the first movies but I always thought it was "the dark side is causing the balance of the force to tip. Get rid of the dark side and there will be balance again". If there is a light and a dark side, and you get rid of the dark side then there will still be unbalance, just in the opposite direction. I always looked at it as balance vs chaos, rather than light vs dark. Then again, it was a very long time since I last watched the movies so maybe I am remembering it wrong and there actually was light vs dark.

No idea who any of these people are. I saw the Millennium Falcon which is cool I guess. It did look a bit different so maybe it wasn't the real Falcon.

I will go and see it, and I think it will be a decent movie (can't be worse than episode 1 and 2, right?) but I am certainly not creaming my pants. Judging by the trailer (which is really unfair I know) it seems like maybe a 6/10 movie.

I'll give them the benefit of a doubt on that. Maybe it's made out of Cortosis or Mandalorian iron? Both of them can withstand a lightsaber hit.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_side_of_the_Force just for some reference.

I actually loved this trailer

I say you should probably hold off on judgement of characters since all we saw of John was him standing up, looking sweaty and being in a storm trooper suit. You could love his character later.

I agree, the effects and graphics were really cool such as the X-wings on the water.

I thought it looked like a football to. HAHA but I thought of two things. 1. It's a sandy place and a ball might be able to move well there possibly depending on some factors(just a thought) 2. the droid looked kinda junky which they are on Tatooine which is a pretty poor planet. So, a not amazing looking, kinda weird droid could def be seen there.

A swords man doesn't hit themselves with their guard on their sword when they use it. They know how to weird their sword. Plus, this guys is of course highly trained in the arts so I think he will be find having a guard. Plus, I think it's just cool looking and a neat new design like how the double light saber was in episode one was. New and cool.

I actually really like episode one, 2 was alright, 3 wasn't as great. Personal preference though but of course the originals are Amazing.

These are just my thoughts to your points and the trailer.

Eh.

Quote me after it comes out-

That sith in the mask will be luke. I guarantee it.

Not even  a star wars fan, but I feel like I can see this coming.  

If they're dumb enough to do that...

well...

never mind, they're dumb enough to do that...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I think that trailer was awful.

teaser =/= trailer

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Trailer looks alright but Disney ruins everything.

*cough* what?

Marvel Cinematic Universe would like a word with you:

Marvel-Movie-Universe.jpeg

Atmospheric combat with X-wings, MF and TIEs? What is this? Air Wars?

Hell yeahhhhh. TIE's don't really stand a chance in Atmosphere though. Their designs are not particularly aerodynamically stable. X-Wings would wreck them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

--lesnip--

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

lmfaoooooooooooo

"The Dark Side... and Trade Negotiations" bahaha that's the best.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This trailer seems to have gotten some pretty positive reviews.... Making people sweat just talking about it

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Here's the trailer remade with Legos

the quality made me laugh a little. That lightsaber  :lol:

Regard the saber, I read that those could be vents due to a unstable crystal inside.

Also this is not the first time a saber with a "guard beam vent" is seen, last one I saw only had 1 thought and it was bent upwards. And used by a jedi.

I was sceptical till I saw those X-Wings flying over the water. I was sold.

Then I saw the Millennium Falcon and my body started to tingle. Suddenly I was 8 years old again.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

gold

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

gold

Oh yeah seen this. Quite an old video though. This was before he was confirmed by the studios publicly.

The whole Chewie thing was fucking gold though. Harrison played off it so well.

FCVYMwr.jpg

8DIlMQT.jpg

NjgUBmw.jpg

avbhSKi.jpg

DoSl8EA.jpg

KpsPT1X.jpg

I got tons I could go on