Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Not Tech)

SaleemVFX

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesmilleniumfalconyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

And someone holding a lightsabre that's hot enough to melt a door two inches from his own face is realistic? xD

We're talking about a world where Jar Jar Binks is a galactic senator. "Realistic" isn't exactly one of the Star Wars universe's strong points.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

We're talking about a world where Jar Jar Binks is a galactic senator. "Realistic" isn't exactly one of the Star Wars universe's strong points.

Yes i know.. Urgh.. My hatred for Jar Jar just resurfaced.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yes i know.. Urgh.. My hatred for Jar Jar just resurfaced.. 

Maybe he dies in this movie, keep your fingers crossed.  :P

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Maybe he dies in this movie, keep your fingers crossed.  :P

I tried.. But my fingers snapped.. Typing this with my nose. I hope the sith empire nukes the living hell out of that ridiculous flappy eared sack of poor writing.

Also this is a really funny interview with harrison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SvMAD5uwyk

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I.. I need a towel.. 

I mean seriously. That sith guy has my ideal lightsabre. (I always found the lack of a guard to be idiotic)

nXNWsKy.gif

yes however those mini-sabers should be pushing towards the long lightsaber, about 45 or 30 degrees (similar to the turtle Raphael's weapon the 'sai' ) . Otherwise it is harder to do fluid moves and fast maneuvers without stabbing yourself. With that kind of saber u wont see the kind of fights like Anakin vs Obi Wan had, since the fighting style they used is suicide with that new saber.  PS: I went full nerd on this reply

yes however those mini-sabers should be pushing towards the long lightsaber, about 45 or 30 degrees (similar to the turtle Raphael's weapon the 'sai' ) . Otherwise it is harder to do fluid moves and fast maneuvers without stabbing yourself. With that kind of saber u wont see the kind of fights like Anakin vs Obi Wan had, since the fighting style they used is suicide with that new saber.  PS: I went full nerd on this reply

Shhhhh. Midichlorians explain everything shhhhh

That was sarcasm.. I hate the midichlorians too

He could probably still fight with it. You rarely touch the guard of a sword while fighting anyway^^ It'll be interesting to see what they come up with in terms of coreography :)

Agreed. A guard makes a ton of sense on pretty much any weapon designed to be a sword, especially when it's up against other sword like weapons.

Especially considering everybody in Star Wars who duels ends up getting their hands cut off.

Wow this is awesome! So much YES!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Awesome. I cannot wait.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I.. I need a towel.. 

I mean seriously. That sith guy has my ideal lightsabre. (I always found the lack of a guard to be idiotic)

nXNWsKy.gif

A guard like that wont help much, if you look one of the likely points of contact with the guard is metal, meaning another lightsaber would likely cut right through at that weak point.

A guard like that wont help much, if you look one of the likely points of contact with the guard is metal, meaning another lightsaber would likely cut right through at that weak point.

The rest might be a cortosis-weave from a vibroblade  :P

this was a much better teaser than Jurassic World! 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

this was a much better teaser than Jurassic World! 

Not necessarily,

I think it's just that the source material and the IP makes it easier to get people excited and wanting more. Sith, Tatooine, The Force and Millenium Falcon etc... They have a lot to work with.... Compared to Jurassic Park stuff.

That... Didn't look very good.

John Boyega as the main character? I honest to God thought it was a parody trailer when I first saw him pop up from the bottom of the screen and that silly sound played to try to scare you.

I haven't watched any of the movies he has been in (although Attack The Block seems decent so I'll check that out) but my first impressions so far is bad. The scene just seemed really goofy.

What the hell is up with that football robot? Why!? Cool effect but it reminds me of episode 1-3 where they shoved a bunch of useless stuff into the movie to try to sell more toys.

Those X-wings flying above the water looked so cool. Really really cool effect.

That lightsaber is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. The only thing it will do is increase the risk of harming yourself by 10,000%. I know it's a fantasy but even fantasy settings need clearly defined rules, and this design choice breaks them.

I don't recall it being "a dark side and a light". Maybe I misinterpreted the first movies but I always thought it was "the dark side is causing the balance of the force to tip. Get rid of the dark side and there will be balance again". If there is a light and a dark side, and you get rid of the dark side then there will still be unbalance, just in the opposite direction. I always looked at it as balance vs chaos, rather than light vs dark. Then again, it was a very long time since I last watched the movies so maybe I am remembering it wrong and there actually was light vs dark.

No idea who any of these people are. I saw the Millennium Falcon which is cool I guess. It did look a bit different so maybe it wasn't the real Falcon.

I will go and see it, and I think it will be a decent movie (can't be worse than episode 1 and 2, right?) but I am certainly not creaming my pants. Judging by the trailer (which is really unfair I know) it seems like maybe a 6/10 movie.

I'll give them the benefit of a doubt on that. Maybe it's made out of Cortosis or Mandalorian iron? Both of them can withstand a lightsaber hit.

We're talking about a world where Jar Jar Binks is a galactic senator.

and a world where swords > guns

I saw the Millennium Falcon which is cool I guess. It did look a bit different so maybe it wasn't the real Falcon.

it's the falcon, But 30 years later so more mods by Han solo.

I'll give them the benefit of a doubt on that. Maybe it's made out of Cortosis or Mandalorian iron? Both of them can withstand a lightsaber hit.

pLyX1Rp.gif

"AAAH! I sliced my f**king hand again! Good thing robot hands are so common these days."

Also, one of my fav artists @f_francavilla was scary quick to draw this.

EDIT: This made me chuckle.

B3igJDECQAAbbLT.jpg

Deadly in every single direction xD

Also, I think I see who he's chasing. 

--snip--

Oh please let it be so!  :o

All I gotta say is:

HELL FUCKING YEAH!

I mean seriously. That 1:31 trailer already makes it look far superior to the prequels. Will it match the glory of the OT? Who the hell knows? But I can't fucking wait to find out!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There are metals lightsabers can't cut through

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

traditionally lightsabres were choreographed much like they do katanas or hand and a half swords.

to put a style like that against a 2 handed sword I think they'd use choreography like in Highlander 1. I know what movie I'm going to be watching this weekend

MY GOOD it looks awesome

If the last 3 movies were the benchmark then this trailer shows all the action bits from the entire movie.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)