Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Not Tech)

SaleemVFX

:blink:

That... was a complete waste of my life... can I have my 3 minutes back?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Colbert figured it out. It's not two smaller lightsabers, it's a single beam being split three ways. MIND BLOWN!

But Alec, you might be asking, why are the side beams shorter? Shouldn't they be the same length? And why does the longer beam come out first? Wouldn't they come out simultaneously?

To that I say: JUST SHUT UP! DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME! SHUT UP!

120214_ColbertSaber_FEAT.png

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Colbert figured it out. It's not two smaller lightsabers, it's a single beam being split three ways. MIND BLOWN!

But Alec, you might be asking, why are the side beams shorter? Shouldn't they be the same length? And why does the longer beam come out first? Wouldn't they come out simultaneously?

To that I say: JUST SHUT UP! DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME! SHUT UP!

120214_ColbertSaber_FEAT.png

Actually the EU has a fairly simple explanation for that :P Corran Horn (A former Corellian police detective, turned rebel X-Wing pilot, turned Rogue Squadron pilot, turned Jedi) had a Lightsaber that had a mechanism built in to rotate and shift the position of the focusing crystal (I believe he actually had two crystals, and the second would be slid into the beam emitter when activated). The desired effect for his was creating an extremely long beam (Think Lightsaber polearm almost).

But the same mechanism could easily be in place here. Upon activation, the main focusing crystal emits the main beam, then he activates a device which either rotates the existing crystal, or introduces a second crystal into the matrix, thus channelling and redirecting the energy flow from one emitter to all three.

/nerd

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Actually the EU has a fairly simple explanation for that :P Corran Horn (A former Corellian police detective, turned rebel X-Wing pilot, turned Rogue Squadron pilot, turned Jedi) had a Lightsaber that had a mechanism built in to rotate and shift the position of the focusing crystal (I believe he actually had two crystals, and the second would be slid into the beam emitter when activated). The desired effect for his was creating an extremely long beam (Think Lightsaber polearm almost).

But the same mechanism could easily be in place here. Upon activation, the main focusing crystal emits the main beam, then he activates a device which either rotates the existing crystal, or introduces a second crystal into the matrix, thus channelling and redirecting the energy flow from one emitter to all three.

/nerd

Makes sense. I googled Corran Horn to read up a little, but his damn wiki is so long you can measure it by the ft. Damn thing is taller than me.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Makes sense. I googled Corran Horn to read up a little, but his damn wiki is so long you can measure it by the ft. Damn thing is taller than me.

Haha yes, he's a pretty old EU character, been around since just after the original Thrawn Trilogy. He's pretty popular, and has been in a ton of works. Most notably is his inclusion in the X-Wing series of books, and later, he features fairly prominently in most of the Jedi-centric books like New Jedi Order, etc. (He actually has a huge role in the NJO series ... poor Ithor). He's also the titular character in the book "I, Jedi", which is really neat, as it runs parallel to the "Jedi Academy" trilogy, and actually retcons his character in (with the permission of the original author), and then continues as a side story after that trilogy ends. It works quite nicely, and explains a few plot-holes that the trilogy had.