Is keeping the same colors in your PC important to you?

Evernbro

Well, if a product costs a tiny bit more for a colour that matches my build I'll go for it but otherwise it's waste.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

This is subjective to each person. I, for instance, I'm going for a black and white themed build because that's what I want, but I don't think I've sacrificed performance in doing so. If it was the case that I was sacrificing performance for colour matching components then I'd obviously ignore the colour scheme and get what was the best value for money. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Inside the case? No. I don't have a window and my pc idles around under the desk anyway. Plus: If I had the money to buy something because of it's color, I'd keep it and save up for a new graphics card or smth else.

On the desk? Yes. I stick to a green/black theme for now. Maybe I'll buy rgb-peripherals some day and go full-rainbow, but not in the near future.

I decide to finally colour match everything red black as primary and white as secondary as I'm a bit of a ska boy checkers in those colours seemed a good idea.

The red is understated against the black and white and red LEDs and don't seem to kick out enough light, white LEDs are hard to get the right colour.

I just wish I'd gone for my second option which was going to be called project skittles.

So yes, colour matching does matter if you like to follow trends

Sorta yeah, when I bought my computer parts, they were mostly black and I also wouldn't accept any accent color other than blue

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

My CPU cooler is the one from Noctua and I have an Msi mobo and GPU (red/black). I learned that beige/brown does not match with any color. 

私はピザが大好きだよ。
CPU: i5 4670k - GPU: Twin Frozr GTX 760 - Mobo: Msi Z87 G45 - Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 - PSU: CX600M - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 - OS: Windows 8.1

My PC doesn't have a side window and it's inside my desk, other than the rare times I take it out to dust it off, I will never see the components, so... no.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Outside yes (e.g. same color LED fans), inside no

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

absolutely. it's the reason most of the ASrock motherboards are off my buy list, simply because it doesn't match my color scheme.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I'll give up on colour matching if it works out a lot cheaper, but I love everything being the same colour or scheme of colours.

Very important, even my desk and wall are painted to match my computer. Sadly a local computer company completely ruined it!

Verything was black-blue. Now thanks to these stupid idiots(!) i have now a fippin ugly black-gold asus board. Looks disgusting, but there's nothing i can do about it...

Yes i have considered painting it, but it's a bit too risky to paint the DDR slots, so i didn't do it... It's almost 1 year ago this happened, but the fury still isn't gone... It just looks terrible. 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

For me no because I'm always on a budget and don't care about looks that much, I can go with a brown motherboard, green ram, red case, black PSU and still wouldn't matter for me as I will be looking at my monitor not my PC.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I liked to get things to match if I can, but won't go out of my way to do so. Cable management is far more important to me.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Definitely. I probably enjoy building and customising PCs almost as much, or more than, the gaming itself :P

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

My signature.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 2 weeks later...

No, PC sits under desk, so nothing is really visible

Due to mostly availability issue I stopped caring for it

First preference to performance at affordable price

Finally got PS4 Pro

It depends on what type of system I am going for. I've built several in the past that I wanted to look pretty as well as function well. My current system was built for moderate use and has moderate specs. I didn't feel the need to show it off as much as some of the past. My next one will be very well planned out though and most likely match in colors.

Externally, I try to keep a theme going. Internally, the answer is no. I hate windowed cases.

I like the look of my system through the case window, but I'm gonna be honest, the giant cpu cooler does seem a bit out of place.

Other than that I have a lot of blue leds and red cables, so I guess having matching colors doesn't really matter to me  :P

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I'm about to start my first build. As of now, no, I don't care.

Ask me in a few years when I have experience building computers, and I may be a bit more specific and picky about how good my rig looks. :P

Edit: As a matter of fact, I think it would be cool to have completely different colors that don't match. Like a rainbow theme. :D

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

No, since i don't have a windowed side panel i only care about the front panel, which is still pretty ghetto right now.

post-121929-0-05381100-1418821866_thumb.

Yes. I understand function over form, however if something doesn't look good then it's not going to keep me as happy as something that does. I'd rather have something that works amazingly and still looks great, with matching colours, than something that only works amazingly. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

To me, color matters a lot, to other people, probably not, but I really appreciate the aesthetic value of a well built pc, in fact I have just order some cables from lutro0 customs, to make them match my pc, which I am excited to see put in my new corsair 750D.

The colors of my pc have never occurred to me, but now that I look at it, my parts go together OK

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX