Is keeping the same colors in your PC important to you?

Evernbro

To some extent, but that is the OCD/Artist talking. Old Gigabyte board, bright red ram, gold GPU, green LED fans..that would be too much of an eyesore. 

In the past not really, but for my rig that I will be assembling in the next week or so yes.  I've even gone so far as machining my own RADEON logo for my 295x2 because the standard red one didn't fit with my build colors.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Being as chaotic as possible is actually important to me. It makes my PC (which has as few sides on it as possible) more appealing to my sense of aesthetics. I'm a big fan of things that look old, worn and cobbled together, but still work awesome.

"Anime was a mistake"
- Hayao Miyazaki

Yep, really takes your custom build to the next level. 

Of course if I'm building a system for someone else, they generally don't care so I just go with the best bang for the buck. But for my own personal system, yes it matters.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

I don't care, but if a SATA cable is black, they all have to be black and the same type.

I also think Noctua fans are sexy as fuck!!!!

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Yes and no at the same time, While I enjoy keeping the same colors in my build (Red), it will not stop me from buying a part that is gold or blue or white, as long as the part that I am buying provides more power.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

Ofcourse not. During a gaming session I will not suddenly look through my case window (If i had one) going "OMG THAT LOOKS SO GOOOOOOD".

You buy a pc for function, not form. That's my stance on it

You're on a killing spree of 99, opposing team members are calling you a hacker, even your squad mates are calling you a hacker, admin is just about to ban you for owning the whole server then you look at your case and say "Such beautiful leds I've got there, oh my god" then you get killed ingame.

I personally don't care one way or another. As long as I can look over at it and be proud of my accomplishment, I am good. 

Before (when I started to get into PC's) I was only looking for function  and didn't care for the color and the cable management, but then one day when I saw what my friend did with the components I bleed chose (His budget was really really low- but he expected them to fly him to space and back :S ) I hade a change of hearth and every single thing must be organized and well build, the color doesn't bother me.

Nice software  :)

It is important to me, but I won't die if a color isn't what I wanted. Unless it is this nasty neon color.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yes, but I've recently come to terms with the fact it won't be happening with my current system.

Now the plan is just to avoid the colour red as if it was the plague. Because it kinda is these days.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

When you have the budget it does matter, however when you have a limit, it's more important to invest more on performance than in looks..

At the end of the day a PC is not something to look at and admire (some of us just keep it behind our desks never to be seen from again)...

In general people on youtube that make money from it, will generally impress the audience with nice looking builds we all wish to have someday..

• 2 weeks later...

Yes :D

What cpu cooler is that?

OT: Yes colors do matter

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Yes :D

snipdipslip

well there isnt much color matching there aside from the gpu and braided cables :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well I out of pure chance fell into a black and red theme. I guess that's not too difficult to do blindly, given how most gaming orientated things are branded.

I almost feel bad for having nothing from AMD in here. Almost.

No, I only care if the same part is available in different colours with no impact on cost. I'm used to not having a huge budget for tech (even though that changed now) so I'll always try to get the best performance possible out of my money. I won't go for an expensive cooler for my gpus, I'll either get the cheaper ones or take the extra step for the higher tier card with a cheap cooler. I wouldn't have a corsair 800d if I hadn't had the luck of getting one used for free. I have a motherboard with a brown pcb because it had great value for the price.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What cpu cooler is that?

OT: Yes colors do matter

Cryorig r1 ultimate, with an extra cryorig Xt140 fan.  Probably buying an h220 today though to compare it with the R1 to see if the h220 is any better.  The r1 with 3 fans performs on par with an h100i, so the h220 will probably be a few degrees better.

well there isnt much color matching there aside from the gpu and braided cables :P

and the fans, and the motherboard.. lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

No because then you are spending extra money on parts that have the same color, besides am not going to be looking through my window of my case looking at the damn thing 24/7

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

For peripherals, yes, but for the PC parts, no. The way I have my PC, I cabr see in the window, so only the peripherals matter, because it just looks really cool.

-MCBulger2

Cryorig r1 ultimate, with an extra cryorig Xt140 fan.  Probably buying an h220 today though to compare it with the R1 to see if the h220 is any better.  The r1 with 3 fans performs on par with an h100i, so the h220 will probably be a few degrees better.

and the fans, and the motherboard.. lol

you barely see the mobo tho

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

you barely see the mobo tho

That'll be fixed soon, gonna try to buy an h220 today :o

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Generally buy whatever is best, whether value for money or performance, and then crack open a can of paint or two and sit down for a while to sleeve my cables. Modding is the best way! :)

Absolutely! Mine is on the desk and seen by lots. Gotta be on point.

post-35939-0-45209900-1420330690_thumb.j

post-35939-0-55953200-1420330713_thumb.j

post-35939-0-45640200-1420330728_thumb.j

"I'd say welcome friend, but not here...not like this."

I don't bother to match the colours of my components, but I put green chocolate wrapping stuff over the power LED in my case so it matches the GPU.

i have ocd about making things match , and rn my gfx card and its blue pcb are not working with my black and orange theme...

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky