[NOT TRUE] Assassin's Creed Unity XB1 version has better textures than the PC

thewhitestig

UPDATE 3: So apparently it's not true. DigitalStorm just screwed up the settings. That first mission does not allow you to change the settings before the first cutscene finishes. 

The pcmasterrace retains it's crown. 

UPDATE 2: The video is back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i79XazAXcs

EDIT: Apparently DigitalStorm decided to remove the video. You can see his reasoning behind this at post #24 in this thread.
But I managed to snap a few shots before he took it down. Here they are:

As you can see the texture quality on the sleeve is abysmal. 
1048107_728744703873953_3224188763284389

And so is this guy's helmet.
1926226_728750223873401_5906414803537110

The robes too.
10712480_728750120540078_630891369099949

ORIGINAL POST: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVa1t0rDgng
This is getting ridiculous. Ubisoft, you are failing so hard at your jobs that you should just quit it. Making games just isn't your thing. Go try your luck in the mining/construction industry building excavators.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Was literally about to post a thread about this, but I had a feeling in my penis that someone else just posted one. Went to check and sure enough.. loool.

But off to my thoughts: Nvidia sure is to blame for AC:U being a bad game.

That was sarcasm.

Haha Yah I checked for a post didnt find one.I go back to the front page after i posted about it and seen this post lol Ninja'ed 

Was literally about to post a thread about this, but I had a feeling in my penis that someone else just posted one. Went to check and sure enough.. loool.

But off to my thoughts: Nvidia sure is to blame for AC:U being a bad game.

That was sarcasm.

Are you saying Nvidia "Games Works" which supposedly exists to give us optimization, but instead gives us horrible ports, inefficient ways to render things and cripples their competition is not to blame at all?

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd

Did you see Nvidia complain once about Watch Dogs? How about Unity? Nope. They will happily sell morons two GTX 980's to run a game at 1080p (LOL) at 4x MSAA (lol even more). Answer is simple. Stop buying any Games Works games, because this crap ain't changing and it isn't new or isolated to Ubisoft.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I am genuinely pissed about that. Ubisoft just hit a new low. #boycottubisoft

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I just hope Nvidia won't be crashing down with Ubisoft. Ubisoft's kinda pulling down the company itself to their graves pulling Nvidia with it.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

1048107_728744703873953_3224188763284389

Hair looks slightly crisper....OH GOD THE CHAINMAIL

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Are you saying Nvidia "Games Works" which supposedly exists to give us optimization, but instead gives us horrible ports, inefficient ways to render things and cripples their competition is not to blame at all?

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd

Did you see Nvidia complain once about Watch Dogs? How about Unity? Nope. They will happily sell morons two GTX 980's to run a game at 1080p (LOL) at 4x MSAA (lol even more). Answer is simple. Stop buying any Games Works games, because this crap ain't changing and it isn't new or isolated to Ubisoft.

/sigh

Nvidia GameWorks exists to provide a library of visual effects that can be taken advantage of and quickly implemented by a developer if they so choose. These effects happen to run only on Nvidia cards (hence the 'Nvidia' in 'Nvidia GameWorks'). This library also has a toolkit available to the developer to optimize the game and the effects that are put into it for a better performing experience.

Let me put it to you this way:

You are a manufacturer of DIY desk kits - lets call your company Nvidia. You provide all of the tools, screws and instructions to put the desks together. A company decides to buy some from you in wholesale for a discount (like what normally happens) so they can resell them - lets call that company Ubisoft. Ubisoft goes ahead and puts these desks together for customers, but didn't read the instructions. A couple of pieces that are made to sustain the desk from it's rated weight load are installed incorrectly. A customer buys one of those poorly put-together desks, thinking it looks fine despite all of the reviews on Youtube and other outlets that are urging customers not to buy that particular desk from Ubisoft. They happily get the desk home and start to put everything on the desk, like their thousand dollar computer, monitor, printer, etc. Within two hours, the desk just falls apart and the equipment on the desk is ruined. Who's fault is it?

video was removed, is this legit?

yes,posted by digital storm on youtube...they must have taken it down?

Yeah, I see it was removed too :(

Regardless, yeahhhh, Ubisoft being retarded is legit.

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

Well looks like the only title I'm getting in the next few weeks is Dragon age. I don't want to buy ubisoft game for awhile.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Some people in the comments were asking if this mislabeled it. Digital storm replied saying"They labeled it right". 

/sigh

Nvidia GameWorks exists to provide a library of visual effects that can be taken advantage of and quickly implemented by a developer if they so choose. These effects happen to run only on Nvidia cards (hence the 'Nvidia' in 'Nvidia GameWorks'). This library also has a toolkit available to the developer to optimize the game and the effects that are put into it for a better performing experience.

Let me put it to you this way:

You are a manufacturer of DIY desk kits - lets call your company Nvidia. You provide all of the tools, screws and instructions to put the desks together. A company decides to buy some from you in wholesale for a discount (like what normally happens) so they can resell them - lets call that company Ubisoft. Ubisoft goes ahead and puts these desks together for customers, but didn't read the instructions. A couple of pieces that are made to sustain the desk from it's rated weight load are installed incorrectly. A customer buys one of those poorly put-together desks, thinking it looks fine despite all of the reviews on Youtube and other outlets that are urging customers not to buy that particular desk from Ubisoft. They happily get the desk home and start to put everything on the desk, like their thousand dollar computer, monitor, printer, etc. Within two hours, the desk just falls apart and the equipment on the desk is ruined. Who's fault is it?

Let me put it to you this way. The library is closed. All these games look and work like @$%^. Case closed. Not buying any game with "games works" attached to the title that has an Nvidia tech demo. These games look and run WAY better on PC at E3 when they are demoed, than after they get Games Works. I just cancelled a CE edition Witcher 3. 

Sony demoed Batman on a PC at E3.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Batman-Arkham-Knight-E3-Footage-During-Sony-Conference-Was-Running-PC-64642.html

What happens if it comes out an unoptimized piece of crap. Will you learn then?

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

wow. Just wow. PC versions should have the original textures. Wtf. I mean this is them blatantly trying to kill pc as a platform. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I removed the video due to the fact i know the PCMASTERRACE community is going to cause a storm. Therefore, would rather not deal with the headache.  B)

That actually makes a surprising amount of sense, and frankly I don't blame you in the least bit.