Ubisoft on Unity

Dis

Nice post.... I R8 8/8 M8

The Entire Article btw:

AMD Graphics Cards Compatibility with Assassin's Creed Unity
We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations. This should not affect the vast majority of PC players, but rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue, and will provide more information as soon as it is available.

Yeah sure, seems very believable when TotalBiscuit reports poor preformance on a i7 GTX980 rig.....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

This is some bull, they need to own up half assing the optimization as a whole.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

READ BEFORE POSTING in this Section

1. Here are a few rules/requirements to posting in the News section.Note - this is not an exhaustive list:
  2. Must have some original input along with the news story from the member on why it is news to them and/or the forum!
  3. Your post cannot simply be a link to another news source - see point 1!
  4. When quoting or copying content into your post from the original, you must make it very clear that you are doing so with the use of quotations, for example, or some other means.
Topic titles should reflect the content (your title may be altered if it isn't indicative enough

That doesn't explain the poor performance on the consoles.  

Well it kinda would, considering the GPU and CPU in those boxes are AMD made..... Although it still shows poor optimisation by Ubi....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Well it kinda would, considering the GPU and CPU in those boxes are AMD made..... Although it still shows poor optimisation by Ubi....

Considering how much they have been sucking up to the consoles and the fact that other developers have had no problem getting stable frame rates out of the Xbone and PS4 it really just shows that the Devs have no real technical ability. That or they are just trying to hide the fact that the game was rushed and they didn't have time to optimize properly.  

Considering how much they have been sucking up to the consoles and the fact that other developers have had no problem getting stable frame rates out of the Xbone and PS4 it really just shows that the Devs have no real technical ability. That or they are just trying to hide the fact that the game was rushed and they didn't have time to optimize properly.  

Ubi does have technical ability, but most of their games always have been a bit on the heavy side. I suspect that they just rushed the game, an AC a year is a bit too much to really make good games I guess

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Brilliant, start a flame war between AMD/Nvidia die hards then back quietly out of the room.

That's good business'ing Ubisoft.

Good job ubisoft, you pretty much just came out and said "Sorry, we dont know how to optimize our game". Good job ubisoft, good job...........

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Wait wait wait they were developing game with mind on consoles which both have AMD gpus and now they blame AMD? They knew it will be amd gpus  :S

Ubi does have technical ability, but most of their games always have been a bit on the heavy side. I suspect that they just rushed the game, an AC a year is a bit too much to really make good games I guess

Yeah it's probably as you say, the yearly release cycle is catching up to them. 

I believe both consoles use amd apus.

Looks like Ubisoft can't use the console pressure excuse anymore. They literally smeared shit on every platform this time around.

You would think AMD would have more weight to lean on devs now that they control the console market. And since the sucess of the 200 series GPUs, they're not exactly a small player in the GPU market either. I doubt blaming their hardware is going to do Ubisoft any favors. It comes across to me that Ubisoft were too ambitious with the Unity engine running on consoles. And because they never managed to fix that, PC again took a back seat. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

This is my analogy on Assassin's Creed.

Ubisoft just keeps stuffing potatoes in a sack.  It is beginning to stretch and tear.  This is analogous to screen tearing as well as breaking collision.

THERE IS NOTHING TO BE GAINED FROM CONTINUALLY STUFFING POTATOES IN A SACK!!  Lower your citizen count in your scenes.  Having a game dip to 10 FPS is not an adequate trade-off for more buildings, further draw distance, and more buildings.  If people didn't care about framerate and proper collision, Nintendo would have added 800 Goombas to Super Mario World levels because according to Ubisoft, this is a better experience.

Ubisoft

just

keeps

on

digging

I'm on mobile, so no gif for you

Here you go, just for you.

Q3OjVSu.gif

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

The posted citation is a forum post, not an article. Also the OP has little to no information.

Therefore this is not tech news.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

well the consoles are made with AMD apu's so....

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

And pigeons still buy their games? And yet COMPLAINING?

wat

There must be a refund option for those who despised the game's cock up.

Haha, looks like AMD isn't going to be talking to Ubisoft for a while.

Ubisoft, I cannot wait to see you slowly die off and become nonexistent. You're so far down the hole that EA is flinging dirt into it.

Please read the posting guidelines before posting in this section.

Hi,

We've been receiving numerous complaints about duplicate threads in this subforum with some topics and articles being posted up to five times. Please check before posting to see if another thread already exists - we have a search tool for this.

Update: if you post a duplicate thread, it will be deleted without warning.
Update: Tech News means news regarding technology. Please don't post topics in this forum that don't have a strong relation to technology.

Posting Guidelines:

Here are a few rules/requirements to posting in the News section.Note - this is not an exhaustive list:

• Must have some original input along with the news story from the member on why it is news to them and/or the forum!
  • Your post cannot simply be a link to another news source - see point 1!
  • When quoting or copying content into your post from the original, you must make it very clear that you are doing so with the use of quotations, for example, or some other means.
  • Topic titles should reflect the content (your title may be altered if it isn't indicative enough)
As previously mentioned, failure to follow these simple guideline can result in your post being deleted without warning.

Feel free to remake this thread in the PC Gaming subforum with some more detail.

HTTP/2 203