[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

What??? Looking now

specs are on the inside, open panel door and right at the bottom where the panel "hinges" in the case.

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

specs are on the inside, open panel door and right at the bottom where the panel "hinges" in the case.

:)

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 10 days

LukaP where art thou

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

It's been 10 days

LukaP where art thou

waiting for a special delivery ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

waiting for a special delivery ;)

Oh, i see... ;)

At this rate my mod is going to be done before yours, lol. And i haven't even started

Oh, i see... ;)

At this rate my mod is going to be done before yours, lol. And i haven't even started

well i am poor. :P and also like to take my time, think things through, make sure i dont do things twice because i thought wrong the first time

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

well i am poor. :P and also like to take my time, think things through, make sure i dont do things twice because i thought wrong the first time

True, all of that.

I've been looking at every single G5/ Mac Pro build log i can find in order to get ideas :P

Sure, make a buildlog :D just mention me in it, or link it here and ill check it out. With this one, im trying to waste as little money as possible, while still having it look as if i invested however much i needed, hence why im working slow. For every step, i make sure that it will work how i want it, and that i can get the parts that i need

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/292429-powermac-g5-modification-build-log/

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

A small teaser to keep things interesting ;)

Posted Image

Huzzah! Are you just getting the PCI bracket or the entire thing?

Huzzah! Are you just getting the PCI bracket or the entire thing?

the IO thing, but it has no PCIe covers included, so ill be scraping that from somewhere else

If you haven't ripped the thing apart yet, it takes a standard power cord if you wanted to try and power it up.

The G5? the only thing hardware wise that i got in it, was the psu, from which ive taken the power plug, to do something sexy with :)

If you haven't ripped the thing apart yet, it takes a standard power cord if you wanted to try and power it up.

Also not all G5s have the C13 plug, some have C19 which is significantly less common

Also not all G5s have the C13 plug, some have C19 which is significantly less common

mine is C13 :)

Oh OK. I haven't been checking in too often but I saw that post as though. You might wanna know. Never mind then. I found a racing game that works on PPC macs, so I might try it out today on my G5 and maybe even my PowerBook G4

Yeah, i have a nice idea on how to make it tidy and nice, to not have to disturb the look more with having a psu in the back :P if you look at my back plate, you can see ive left a hole for the power plug to come :)

4u6BdGo.jpg

-snip-

Were you able to find an extension for the PSU cable? I wasn't and that's why I went with installing the PSU the way I did. 

Were you able to find an extension for the PSU cable? I wasn't and that's why I went with installing the PSU the way I did. 

ive taken the original PSU connector, to which i will solder 3 wires (+, N, -) from a normal C13 cable, and plug it into the PSU in the front. then i will run a normal wall cable to the case itself. basically creating an extention in the case (like the prodigy M has)

ive taken the original PSU connector, to which i will solder 3 wires (+, N, -) from a normal C13 cable, and plug it into the PSU in the front. then i will run a normal wall cable to the case itself. basically creating an extention in the case (like the prodigy M has)

Oh yep nope - I wasnt into the whole destructo derby thing with my PSU. Otherwise, I wouldve made it fit into the original PSU enclosure.

Oh yep nope - I wasnt into the whole destructo derby thing with my PSU. Otherwise, I wouldve made it fit into the original PSU enclosure.

oh, im doing nothing to the actual PSU i will use. I took the female connector from the G5 PSU, which i have cleaned of all the shit apple had on there, and have it ready to be the extention from the back of the case, to the psu in the front :P

@LukaP offtopic, but do you have a physics background. Just curious

On topic:the hype is real, can't wait to see it finished.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

@LukaP offtopic, but do you have a physics background. Just curious

On topic:the hype is real, can't wait to see it finished.

Studying physics, "work" as an indie game dev, volounteer as a mechanical and electrical engineer for a student made submarine project :P

Studying physics, "work" as an indie game dev, volounteer as a mechanical and electrical engineer for a student made submarine project :P

that sounds interesting. :)

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

that sounds interesting. :)

It is, but its too much. probably quitting physics for a while, since its the least fulfilling thing i do :)

(also, about your signature, spaces work with tagging, for example typing @BonBon Scott works)

(also, about your signature, spaces work with tagging, for example typing @BonBon Scott works)

Can confirm, I am here when I didn't want to be.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Can confirm, I am here when I didn't want to be.

your profile picture just sums it up... :P (also, remember when me and veetee were going 3k and 4k and you were going 2k? well youre still going 2k) :P