[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

At long last!

Wake me up when some components are installed :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

DUDE!, clean your bed before posting. We don't want to see your pubic hair. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

-snip-

DUDE!, clean your bed before posting. 

it could be worse, there weren't any fapkins around :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That's some eggcelent placement of the different parts. Be sure to eggsamine it carefully before putting it back together. So eggstatic about this build. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

DUDE!, clean your bed before posting. 

NO! YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

UPDATE

I got the T8 in the mail today, so what better use of the day than start dismantling the case :D

Well, it didnt go smooth, firstly, the screws are damn tight, and hella loads of them... then they are obscured by stuff. in the end i had to prematurely pull out (heh) the midplate to gain access to the upper section, which ill do tomorrow morning.

And alas, the pictures :D

The little bugger we were all waiting for

-snip-

Never ever thought about using empty egg cartons for holding screws.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Never ever thought about using empty egg cartons for holding screws.

Talk about good consumer advice from LukaP :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

DUDE!, clean your bed before posting. We don't want to see your pubic hair. 

its not pubes lol. dat edit. its my hair... 

doesn't look as bad anymore. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

doesn't look as bad anymore. 

because its torn apart? :P #hater

That's some eggcelent placement of the different parts. Be sure to eggsamine it carefully before putting it back together. So eggstatic about this build. 

I see what you did there :lol:

Update?

tumblr_n42gp1nFIS1tr2caqo1_500.gif

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

-snip-

... then they are obscured by stuff. in the end i had to prematurely pull out (heh)

-snip-

seems like apple has some hidden sense of humor afterall! enabling sexual jokes like that.

but screw that(another obvious joke) this is going to be totally awesome now, your eggcarton idea seems like a eggcelent(+1 bad joke) low budget idea, got to remember that for myself when i got to the point of dismantling a case, recently lost a screw or two because of not storing them properly.

gogogo LukaP

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

get an anti-dandruff shampoo dude....... 

i have it, its not like it helps with hair falling out :P

UPDATE

With some help from my brother, we got the outer shell and the inner shell apart today, so after cleaning, it will be ready for cutting and painting :)

Outer part

Ruuvp93.jpg

Inner part

VWSEbnN.jpg

hmmmhmmm looking good so far, seems like one screwdriver can screw you over(+1 bad joke) when it comes to progress.

Yes indeed :P and money... ive no idea where ill get the funds to paint it, and even worse, get the motherboard plate :( 

Yes indeed :P and money... ive no idea where ill get the funds to paint it, and even worse, get the motherboard plate :(

What color paint and what finish type (matte, glossy ,etc.)?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

What color paint and what finish type (matte, glossy ,etc.)?

the outer part will be black, probably matte, the inner part i want to keep stock.

Just one note if you don't have the funds and don't know where will you get it, why did you start the project ? why didn't you wait longer ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

the outer part will be black, probably matte, the inner part i want to keep stock.

That's gonna look really nice. This guy, back in 08, did the opposite and it came out well, too. 

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/10/28/apple-core-duo-by-cyprio/8

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Just one note if you don't have the funds and don't know where will you get it, why did you start the project ? why didn't you wait longer ?

i get money each month, but lately ive had alot of things to pay, and its been eating into my projects budget

That's gonna look really nice. This guy, back in 08, did the opposite and it came out well, too. 

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/10/28/apple-core-duo-by-cyprio/8

nice :D

i get money each month, but lately ive had alot of things to pay, and its been eating into my projects budget

nice :D

Gotcha.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That's not so bad. My dad is almost 40 and has been bald since he was 24,so he shaves his head regularly. Chances are I'll have to do the same thing. My hair doesn't randomly fall out though... :P

yeah, im not going bald or anything, just the normal amount that falls out, and me being a lazy ass student, om not changing my sheets as often as i should

Foul-bachelor-frog-meme-template.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hooray for mac pro mods! Traying to make on myself, only now i'm stuck with fitting my PSU in the original casing.

Go veg.