[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

Good job keeping the thread on topic lads :D

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Good job keeping the thread on topic lads :D

well, im waiting for the back panel to be done and sent here, so i can cut the baby apart and stuff :) and i dont mind people bumping it every now and then, keeps people interested ahha :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Welcome to the LukaP/Emma Blackery G SIX Case Mod, where we talk about feelings and stuff :D

And sometimes even modding jk

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Welcome to the LukaP/Emma Blackery G SIX Case Mod, where we talk about feelings and stuff :D

And sometimes even modding jk

occasionally computers... rarely cases.

once in a blue moon macs

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

the thing is, im not sitting on my butt, i have to study. physics isnt exactly something i can just ace without practice :P

i know exactly what you mean.

(analytical science student reporting in)

Still is hard AF...

trust me, high school is easy, college/uni is, ehmmm stuff like calculating(using fresh stuff form class) velocity of an object, based on it's radius, mass and the gravity and if you are unlucky you have to calculate it in degrees/second(corner degrees)

/offtopic

waiting for dem panel, better be good for so long.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

i know exactly what you mean.

(analytical science student reporting in)

trust me, high school is easy, college/uni is, ehmmm stuff like calculating(using fresh stuff form class) velocity of an object, based on it's radius, mass and the gravity and if you are unlucky you have to calculate it in degrees/second(corner degrees)

/offtopic

waiting for dem panel, better be good for so long.

so many feels haha. or literally having, a task. sally is 60kg, she jumps with the force of X newtons. calculate the mass of the sun :P

so many feels haha. or literally having, a task. sally is 60kg, she jumps with the force of X newtons. calculate the mass of the sun :P

hehehe, yeah sometimes it looks like that, altough better then what a friend of mine(still in high school) had to do, he had to calculate the trajectory of a planet around a double star, software aided, but still, that's high school, but then even harder then my college lessons.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

hehehe, yeah sometimes it looks like that, altough better then what a friend of mine(still in high school) had to do, he had to calculate the trajectory of a planet around a double star, software aided, but still, that's high school, but then even harder then my college lessons.

well, it depends on what they did in school, what software he used, and how accurate he had to be. generally in a double star system, if you want a fast solution, you just use the CoG of the stars and their mass, and then you get a simple 2 body problem :) but if you want to go full on, it can get quite nasty

Don't get me started on how hard university can be. Med student reporting in.

It takes such a toll on my own mental health I've already decided to start over and become an engineer when this is finished.

University did let me laser cut my whole case for a mere 60 euros though. Materials included.

Will you go aircooling or watercooling? The G5 has been known to do both.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

It takes such a toll on my own mental health I've already decided to start over and become an engineer when this is finished.

University did let me laser cut my whole case for a mere 60 euros though. Materials included.

Id love to watercool, but i dont have money for it at all, and i dont want to have this build rely on sponsoring too much for now, i want to get it working and sexy... i do have a layout for hardline watercooling planned though

So your whole case is made out of acrylic glass?

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

So your whole case is made out of acrylic glass?

No, mostly MDF, but all of it is laser cut. If you have access to a lasercutter, it's one of the most versatile tools out there.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

No, mostly MDF, but all of it is laser cut. If you have access to a lasercutter, it's one of the most versatile tools out there.

Ah I see and yeah I also study @ KULeuven so I can use the fablab ;)

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

Ah I see and yeah I also study @ KULeuven so I can use the fablab ;)

So, can i employ you two to get me some parts lasered, when ill need it in the future? :P (you do aluminium/steel right?)

So, can i employ you two to get me some parts lasered, when ill need it in the future? :P (you do aluminium/steel right?)

Well you know, the owners aren't comfortable with processing materials they have no experience with and these lasers are only moderately powerful. I think they can engrave aluminium but not cut it. Also, the ablated material may be harmful for the mirrors of the machines they use (Trotec Speedy 300). They sell materials they can cut, including wood, mdf, cardboard and acrylic, but if you need other materials done they'll be hesitant. There's a whole box of abandoned vinyl LP's there for example because the vapours that the material gives off might (as in probably will) damage the machine. You see, as soon as a lot of smoke is released it clings to the mirror and the laser will burn right through it. Maybe you should check if your uni has a FabLab. They just might, you know.

Well you know, the owners aren't comfortable with processing materials they have no experience with and these lasers are only moderately powerful. I think they can engrave aluminium but not cut it. Also, the ablated material may be harmful for the mirrors of the machines they use (Trotec Speedy 300). They sell materials they can cut, including wood, mdf, cardboard and acrylic, but if you need other materials done they'll be hesitant. There's a whole box of abandoned vinyl LP's there for example because the vapours that the material gives off might damage the machine. You see, as soon as a lot of smoke is released it clings to the mirror and the laser will burn right through it. Maybe you should check if your uni has a FabLab. They just might, you know.

we dont. the other faculty does, the one for engineering :P but they want money for it. :( 

ill see what ill do when ill need acrylic done :P

One of the sexiest cases ever made! This'll be awesome.

guess whats coming in 9-10 hours ;) (hint: its metal, and custom made)

guess whats coming in 9-10 hours ;) (hint: its metal, and custom made)

*hums to self*

Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6. Like a-like a G6.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

thanks now I have that song in my head .going to play it so my wife can suffer with me

Haha, it's a quite catchy song.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.