[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

Come on guys, stay on topic. I've just removed 29 posts from the thread for being off topic - don't make me remove any more.

Feel free to continue the conversation via PM, but no derailing threads please.

Told you @cesrai...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Come on guys, stay on topic. I've just removed 29 posts from the thread for being off topic - don't make me remove any more.

Aw, bae wasn't feeling OT as usual? :(

And I kinda like the idea of powder coating. Maybe leave the Apple logo like normal? ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Aw, bae wasn't feeling OT as usual? :(

And I kinda like the idea of powder coating. Maybe leave the Apple logo like normal? ;)

yeah i dont know how to do that.... If you have any suggestions, feel free to. :)

otherwise i was thinking of making a window, and laser etching the Apple logo on there

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

yeah i dont know how to do that.... If you have any suggestions, feel free to. :)

otherwise i was thinking of making a window, and laser etching the Apple logo on there

I'd say carefully mask off the Apple logo if it works like I think it does.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

42G7fd8.jpg 

Told you @cesrai...

Wipe that smile off your face.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Off*

fixed.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'd say carefully mask off the Apple logo if it works like I think it does.

im not sure that would work like i want it to... and i dont have a good enough masking skill to even pull it off xD

Wipe that smile of your face.

tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

im not sure that would work like i want it to... and i dont have a good enough masking skill to even pull it off xD

I like low res gifs.

kappa

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I like low res gifs.

kappa

Webm>Gif

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Webm>Gif

OT again...

topic is how to do an apple logo with powdercoating :P considering i cant mask for shit xD

OT again...

topic is how to do an apple logo with powdercoating :P considering i cant mask for shit xD

I doubt you'd be able to do it with powdercoating. The way apple did it it's just a layer of something over the aluminum. That would be your only option, mask off an apple shape over your powdercoat and add a layer of something semi translucent

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Webm>Gif

Never going to happen, it may be better but not going to replace gifs.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

OT again...

topic is how to do an apple logo with powdercoating :P considering i cant mask for shit xD5

Use an actual apple sticker???

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

Use an actual apple sticker???

ive been thinking about a sticker, but that is a big bump, plus im not aware of any matte stickers

ive been thinking about a sticker, but that is a big bump, plus im not aware of any matte stickers

How about you paint the middle of the sidepanel in what color you want the logo to be, after it dries, put a sticker over it, paint the whole sidepanel, peel off the sticker after the paint dries and spray some lacquer over the sidepanel and done

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I left mine stock color, but I got a backplate with dual 80mm fans.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

How about you paint the middle of the sidepanel in what color you want the logo to be, after it dries, put a sticker over it, paint the whole sidepanel, peel off the sticker after the paint dries and spray some lacquer over the sidepanel and done

no lacquer i want it matte :P and that would be a way, but again, im doing this as a powder coat, meaning going to a shop, meaning id have to pay 2x just for that damn logo :P and then if i one day decide to have a window, ive just blown window money on a logo xD

I left mine stock color, but I got a backplate with dual 80mm fans.

ive already got the back plate and the io plate ready, ill now get a sheet of aluminium and some standoffs and get it all assembled together one day :) then off to the paintshop and such

ive already got the back plate and the io plate ready, ill now get a sheet of aluminium and some standoffs and get it all assembled together one day :) then off to the paintshop and such

I mounted mine by cutting off the orginal standoffs, vinyl cementing them into the case, and using the original screws to mount the tray.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

no lacquer i want it matte :P and that would be a way, but again, im doing this as a powder coat, meaning going to a shop, meaning id have to pay 2x just for that damn logo :P and then if i one day decide to have a window, ive just blown window money on a logo xD

Who said you have to powdercoat the logo? Spray paint or PlastiDip that bitch :P

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I mounted mine by cutting off the orginal standoffs, vinyl cementing them into the case, and using the original screws to mount the tray.

ive got the mounting for the mobo plate done already :)

Who said you have to powdercoat the logo? Spray paint or PlastiDip that bitch :P

nope, i want the powdercoated look.

I've seen a few done, and they werent the greatest looking, If you do plastidip the case though, that stuff just peels right off so you don't need to worry about the apple logo getting damaged...

IM NOT FRIGGIN PLASTIDIPPING THIS! :P

and yeah thats what im worried about, dont want it to end up looking shit

*suddenly starts imagining his MBP with blackpowder coat and logo glowing* :wub: :wub:

but ehmm, i think laser etching it in the side window will be your best option since you "cant mask for shit xD5" and it will also look very nice, not to subtle, not to eye catching

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

*suddenly starts imagining his MBP with blackpowder coat and logo glowing* :wub: :wub:

but ehmm, i think laser etching it in the side window will be your best option since you "cant mask for shit xD5" and it will also look very nice, not to subtle, not to eye catching

MKBHD did that. I don't think it was a powdercoat, but the exterior was black and had his own logo

yeah i think itll be best. will probably do that as a bday gift to me in may then :P. also, no fukin LEDs go in here, this will be classy, not  "LOOK AT ME IM COOL WITH MY LEDS MLG 792p NOSCOPE GAYMER!!!!!!eleven" :P