Google May be Going to Space!?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/10/7190057/nasa-leases-moffett-airfield-to-google-60-years

Google has sealed a deal to lease NASA's Moffett Airfield for the next 60 years after beginning negotiations for the land back in February. Under terms of the agreement, Google will pay NASA an estimated $1.16 billion in rent over the life of the agreement, with addition funds going toward the restoration of a more than 80-year-old hangar, known as Hangar One, that sits on the property. Google may use Hangar One, as well as two sequentially named hangars on the airfield, as a space for research, development, assembly, and testing of technology related to robotics, aviation, space exploration, and other new fields once it moves in....

635512507251090283-297807main-23-ratio-9

Article Found by @totjup5

Google+Nasa=Magic?

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Nice comic sans m8.

But in a serious note, cool stuff. Maybe they can work with SpaceX?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

such wow

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I look forward to see what comes of this. Hopefully it's something good.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

*Insert quotes from Space core of Portal 2*

Google did this well over a year ago. Not sure why this is news just now.

disregard, i was only paying attention to the part about the hanger restoration

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

We all know that Bing is better for flights

/s

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Maybe it's for the preparation for the free Google satellite internet or an orbital server? 

Time to build a google fiber neighbourhood on the moon. 

Finally them ISS people can get good frames.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Google to nuke Earth from orbit confirmed.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It took a giant search engine to push America forward while its own government is desperately trying to hold its people back as the rest of the world advances. Let that sink in.

So the company that has all of our personal details and knows exactly where we are located at all times will now be building rockets and robots.

You guys realize how screwed we are when one of the execs snaps and decides he wants to rule the world right?

"When deep space exploration ramps up, it'll be the corporations that name everything, the IBM Stellar Sphere, the Microsoft Galaxy, Planet Starbucks...."

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hangar One = Skynet HQ.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

They might be planning to build The Death star..

Death_star1.png

Google death star, come to the dark side ,we got fibre...

Details separate people.

the first ones to delliver 1GB/s hotspots on the moon and soon mars

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I'm optimistic-ish. Google has brought some cool new takes on existing technology, and SCOTUS has determined that corporations are people.

And the 2024 Nobel Prize in Astrophysics goes to Google

the first ones to delliver 1GB/s hotspots on the moon and soon mars

That's going to be a hell of a ping. Light takes several minutes to travel from earth to Mars...

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

That's going to be a hell of a ping. Light takes several minutes to travel from earth to Mars...

thats why google is setting up mirror servers for people on mars to use

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I'm not entirely sure whether just because you're restoring a hanger in help with NASA would exactly mean that you'd be going to space.

So Hangar One is an extremely old structure which has been around for decades. If you look up the history of the Hangar One you can see that there was some back and forward going on with the structure whether to strip it apart or not and finally NASA was given responsibility to restore the structure.

After this Google has chosen to help them out with the restoration, in return they'd want 2/3 of the space but eventually (now) they have chosen to sign a lease for this structure.

Assuming that Google will be going to space just because it has signed a 60 year lease with NASA for a hangar I think is wrong. Google has done this many times before where they end up partnering or signing agreements with NASA but so far, never have they actually went out to space.

The origin of the hangar isn't to be used for launching space rockets out or whatever, it's a hangar. I'm guessing that NASA's intention to was to use it for possibly developing their technology to push their way up to space even better but so far Google has shown no sign of wanting to go to space.

My guesses is that Google has chosen to sign a 60 year lease with NASA for this hangar for its size and research they'd be able to hold in this and not exactly to launch a rocket in space.

If any other institute were to be responsible for this hangar and Google would of been responsible for it then I don't believe that "going to space" would of been mentioned.

I think that it's silly to assume that Google will be going to space just because they have signed a lease with NASA who was in fact given responsibility for this hangar later on in 2008.

Just because you're singing a contract with NASA doesn't mean that you're going to space. NASA provides much more then just space research and they in fact end up passing on their posses to other institutes over time and so far not many of these institutes have used those possessions for launching rockets into space.

Just saying that we shouldn't get our hopes up and believe that Google will be going to space just because it has signed a 60 year lease for a hangar. There's much more you can do with a hangar.