You know you're a techie when. . .

you forget you have a top of the line PC. you go to class and have to boot the VMs it is taking like 10 minutes so you switch PCs and yet that takes 10 minutes+ also.... you realize you are on school PCs and that is normal.... all too adjusted to ssd speeds with a processor that you can assign 2 threads to each VM and 2 gb ram to each as well. i was literally thinking there was something wrong with the PCs my teacher went to the first PC i was on to check it out.... he sits for about 12 minutes and "hey it works fine on here maybe you just didnt wait long enough" LOL

when spending almost double on a new rig than you spent on your car doesn't phase you. im about to go there.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

When you agressively chase someone out of your room whith a smelly sock if they touch your PCs (yes i have 5 of them, 4 dead servers and one usage PC)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

when you cant figure out why the room feels smaller then realize half of it is full of boxes most of which are from newegg and amazon

when you notice one ugly looking cable and end up replacing all of them

when you look at your computer and think, "i can...do more......"

when you want to just program, but you can't because of homework

When you just want to program and have to because you have homework.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I know i'm a techie when:

• when at school someone needs help fixing/using a laptop i pull out my own mouse and mech KB
  • Get annoyed when someone uses a computer slowly/double clicks everything
  • Told the school IT guy how to do something he didn't know about.....
  • Pulling apart a school PC during class to re-seat the GPU....

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

You know you're a techie when you're a devoted member of LTT!!!!!! 

;)  And when your so naive that you spend all your money/allowance on new tech and survive on Noodles or something like this

B_-wwtuVEAA2BvU.jpg

for weeks

hahahahahahaha  :lol:

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

You know you're a techie when you're a devoted member of LTT!!!!!! 

;)  And when your so naive that you spend all your money/allowance on new tech and survive on Noodles or something like this

hahahahahahaha  :lol:

What is that on the bread? 

ಠ_ಠ

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What is that on the bread? 

ಠ_ಠ

idk know if this a rhetorical question but its ice lol

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

idk know if this a rhetorical question but its ice lol

It was not rhetorical at all. 

And ice? That's quite pathetic.. 

It was not rhetorical at all. 

And ice? That's quite pathetic.. 

hahahahaha btw the pics not mine someone tweeted it a while back

When you have to give a 15 minute lecture on anything you want so you bring in a motherboard graphics card etc to show everyone how it all works.

You know you're a techie when . . .

You put together a different pc every other week with spare components lying around and try out a different Linux distro with each build :P

You have an unnatural hate for "high-end" hdmi cables >.>

When tech that has broken or is no longer useful gets taken apart and spread across your desk just to check it out rather than going into the trash

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

when you are buying a partly built system that you want to upgrade and you ask the person what the power supply wattage is over text and he replies "The cpu doesnt have a wattage but i think its new" Despite the fact you tried to explain its the box in the bottom back of the case with allot of cables coming out of it. When that doesnt work you then pass craiglist's security to find his email and email him a photo

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

You see the new piece of tech try to resist but cave and buy two even though you'll probably never use them

When you want to buy an old beige mechanical PS2 keyboard just because...

When you want to buy an old beige mechanical PS2 keyboard just because...

When you have an old beige mechanical PS2 keyboard somewhere on your garage.

When you go to your garage and grab your old beige mechanichal PS2 keyboard.

When you post on the Linus Tech Tips forum with your old beige mechanical PS2 keyboard.

PS: Old beige mechanical PS2 keyboard Still works perfectly fine!!

EDIT: When you're 12 years old on 1993 and write a 5 1/4 boot disk to optimize your Microprose F1 Grand Prix (aka World Circuit)

config.sys

device=himem.sys

Dos=high

devicehigh=mouse.sys

AKA Link0712 on Twitch/WAN Show

When you cant help but buy more mechanical keyboards just because you love them. 

omg yes. I've gotten 3 in the last year.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

when you never stop telling your friends that they CANT over clock their macbook

when you bring your laptop to high school every day to take notes, and everyone else is stuck with their crappy school-owned ipads

when you use your raspberry pi to hack your parents' windows logins

when you save your money for an i7-6790k when it comes out, rather than buying a bullhorn to scream at your sister (that can come later)

when you carry around a box of 11 flash drives everywhere

BOOOOOM

edit: also i watch linus every day at lunch just because i can, even though i look like a total doofus

• 1 month later...