You know you're a techie when. . .

When you correct the grammar of someone whom is likely not from a primarily English speaking country.

Oh wait, I think that makes me an asshole.

But in all seriousness, I know I'm a nerd when people look at me confused after they ask what kind of phone I have.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

When you can't spell "you're."

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

When you correct the grammar of someone whom is likely not from a primarily English speaking country.

Oh wait, I think that makes me an asshole.

But in all seriousness, I know I'm a nerd when people look at me confused after they ask what kind of phone I have.

What kind of phone do you have?

OP: When you talk about anything you think is simple and people are totally lost.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

What kind of phone do you have?

OP: When you talk about anything you think is simple and people are totally lost.

I have an HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Grey, running SkyDragon's GPE 5.0 Lollipop ROM with a 2.5GHz overclock on the CPU and a 500MHz overclock on the GPU.

For most people, the first part is fine. When they hear the ROM part, they get lost, and when I talk clockspeeds they get even more lost.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I have an HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Grey, running SkyDragon's GPE 5.0 Lollipop ROM with a 2.5GHz overclock on the CPU and a 500MHz overclock on the GPU.

For most people, the first part is fine. When they hear the ROM part, they get lost, and when I talk clockspeeds they get even more lost.

Okay, I have the same but with ViperOneM8 4.3. I never tell people my ROM or clock speed, because no one I know will understand, so I don't even bother.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

when your physics teacher expects no one to know the isotopes of hydrogen but manage to say them both before he moves on with the lecture... deuterium and tritium 

When you and your buddy talk about fan rpm or anything about pcs and people look at you like your crazy

"Who."   :)  Subject versus object.  

"English-speaking country."   Compound adjective. ;)

When you spend 3 hrs looking at a Sapphire R9 290X , admiring , drooling over the design , or looking at the TITAN X from EVGA .... SO .... SEXY .... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

you refer to all females as "grills"

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

when you say something technical and everyone is like "what"

It's more like you say ANYTHING and they be like "wut?"

Oh, and when the IT department wonders how the hell you fixed "that"

Also, when you consider your pc more important than your living quarters and vehicle.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

When you have to explain de concept of custom rom to every person that handle your cellphone. And to you have to explain to your dad that a custom computer is actually MORE reliable than a prebuild. 

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

When you don't freak out about ocing something.

PC Noobs asways panic, when I tell them their stuff can be OCed.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

You know your a nerd when Ni is an insult and you know why they have a machine that goes "ping".

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When you get pissed for someone bragging about their Xbone one being the best gaming rig in the world wrecking every PC on the market...

Bitch, put it next to mine. I fucking dare you... That's like I'll take a Ford Pinto over the Corvette...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

When you get pissed for someone bragging about their Xbone one being the best gaming rig in the world wrecking every PC on the market...

Bitch, put it next to mine. I fucking dare you... That's like I'll take a Ford Pinto over the Corvette...

there's a ford punto? i thought Punto is from Fiat.

^

you feel my pain

When no one knows what you're talking about...

Your teacher references you for help

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ