Denuvo DRM will be used for GTA V

deathjester

if this is gonna annoy me like very restrictive DRMs that came before it

ill just not bother

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

raSbapJ.png

that's the most obnoxious statement i ever heard, they fucking recognized shit can be violated, and they took it as a positive point, obviously R* north isn't that much interested about getting the game crack, they are mostly implementing this to prevent modding, considering GTA online has microtransaction i would be surprised that the biggest reason for this, and tbh i hope i'm wrong here, really looking foward to the game but if this cockblocks mods or make running then game a hassle the have a juicy middle finger rockstar

All DRM will eventually be cracked, any idiot knows this and so do publishers when they use it. 46 days is a long time, it took less than that to crack Uplay's always on DRM. The first couple weeks are crucial to game sales, if DRM protects a game even for a full week it's a pretty big win for the publisher.

Which is what makes you the worst kind of consumer.

No it makes him a customer with different priorities than you. Personally DRM only bothers me when it gets in the way too often or when something goes wrong and screws things up. If people can prove that this causes performance problems it would fit with those, but we'll see. I'll reserve judgement until the game is out.

You know what, fuck this. When I buy my phone, laptop or car; they don't come with DRM that says "LOL FUCK U" and hinders performance simply to stop "piracy" Fuck right off. 

Im going to pay the full price, let me enjoy the game. Piracy measures only screw over those who actually pay legally and have to deal with issues, performance hits and other asshattery. The cheap bastards who torrent? They ironically get a better experience. 

How about this R*, I'll PayPal you 60 bucks directly, wait a few weeks for some quality rips to show up, and then go download one of those. You get your money, I get a game not crippled by DRM that time and time again only hurts consumers. Fair compromise, no? 

Funny how you are comparing a hardware to a software. *giggles*

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I was super excited for this game because of the first person mode, but now I'm kinda put off the game. Good job Rockstar, because if this DRM fucks with the performance or is intrusive in any way, then I'll just wait for someone to crack it and play your game for free :)

GTA 5 is worth paying for. They look like they put a lot of work into this.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

How intrusive is this DRM? I have no experience with it, what are the issues people are getting from the DRM in previous cases and have they been resolved?

Not that intrusive, DRM doesn't always work at just a software level. When DRM came out it was horrible, especially with Securom which was the DRM that ran a rootkit on the users computer (wrong approach to DRM). Hopefully SONY has learned from their mistakes years ago and has developed a better method of DRM. Tho honestly these days DRM is no different than any other piece of software including the game itself.

drm doesnt work

Show me how to play Battlefield 4 multiplayer without a valid key (can't even play Venice without one).

I understand it in some way, wanting to protect something you made so it doesn't get 'stolen'. The thing is, if it causes performance issues, which I'm worried about, it will make your market smaller. Players want a smooth experience and any DRM should come in the way of this. I'll be fine with the DRM as long as it's not right in my face and messes up the gameplay.

GTA V is a great game, which I would love to buy and I think that limiting pirated copies to single player would be enough to get people to buy it. That stuff seems to work really well, if you pirate, you cannot play online. 

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

46 days is impressive. thats a month and a half of sales without piracy concerns. thats a boat load of cash. although they still can't prove that players pirating would of bought it in the first week(s).

I'll hold judgement because I still haven't purchased Lords of the Fallen (should get around to it this weekend) so I can see how it plays.

I'm probably going to buy GTA V anyways. I know I can get my $60's worth from it if I can put 20hours into it before I get bored.

Didn't play it on console, so it's new to me lol

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Yeah, yeah right... I should be saying "Woa, DRM SUCKS! Wa wa wa! I won't buy this shit because of this!" Well I've waited a year for this game and no DRM ever stopped me from playing a game that I want. Am I happy about this? Fuck no! Am I still going to buy it and play it and enjoy it? Hell yes! You're really going to tell me that you can't endure maybe 10 seconds of delay after you click the game to start and it actually starting, even if it's game of the year material? Grow up.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Those stupid fucks, if this hinders mods at all or is something I have to log in to every time I launch the game then I'm not buying GTA V.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Fuck off Gabe, you literally run probably the biggest restrictive-DRM service.

How is Valve restrictive?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

raSbapJ.png

that's the most obnoxious statement i ever heard, they fucking recognized shit can be violated, and they took it as a positive point, obviously R* north isn't that much interested about getting the game crack, they are mostly implementing this to prevent modding, considering GTA online has microtransaction i would be surprised that the biggest reason for this, and tbh i hope i'm wrong here, really looking foward to the game but if this cockblocks mods or make running then game a hassle the have a juicy middle finger rockstar

Seeing as this is GTA, i will be interested in how long it takes to crack the DRM as i have a feeling it will be a lot less than 46 days.

Seeing as this is GTA, i will be interested in how long it takes to crack the DRM as i have a feeling it will be a lot less than 46 days.

if it was steam only it would be cracked before release if the game can be preloaded, this is just like a 12 hour, day at most delay

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

You're really going to tell me that you can't endure maybe 10 seconds of delay after you click the game to start and it actually starting, even if it's game of the year material? Grow up.

I do not want potential rootkit DRM on my system that has been known to effect performance, and possibly collect other information that it should not have access too.

So yes, I will not buy a game with this kind of crap attached to it.

GTA 5 is worth paying for. They look like they put a lot of work into this.

Principles are principles. I will never pay for anything that has an additional layer of DRM after Steam. To put it in perspective, I accidentally bought Blood Dragon for $2.50 on a sale, when I found out it was Ubisoft and uPlay I gave it away. And then spent a week in mourning for giving Ubicancer $2.50.

GTA V could be *the* best game ever made for all I care, I still don't need to play it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

How about giving paying customers an actual benefit to buying? And not making their lives harder for buying the game?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Now we know whether Rockstar will support modding. No of course they fucking won't.

I'll wait and see how it is. If the drm is too crappy then I won't buy it ever, even for a bargain price. GTA IV has been in sales for a long time, didn't buy because GFWL and fuck that.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

worst case scenario for this DRM is:

-you buy the game

-game runs terribly because of the DRM 

-wait a month or so

-download a cracked launcher

-enjoy online and DRM free performance [hopefully]

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

-snip-

Neither Lords of the Fallen or Fifa 15 have a proper scene crack yet. Lords of the Fallen has a broken attempt at a crack by 3DM which doesn't work for basically anyone and FIFA 15 has absolutely nothing.

Protip: Just because the torrent name says it's functional doesn't mean it is.

worst case scenario for this DRM is:

-you buy the game

-game runs terribly because of the DRM 

-wait a month or so

-download a cracked launcher

-enjoy online and DRM free performance [hopefully]

Dunno about you, but if I have to crack a game to enjoy it, I'll crack it in the fucking first place, and skip the whole "buy" part.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

QFT and i'm voting with my wallet here, ill wait for review and public opinions before jumping on GTA V, it was going to be one of the few games i was going to buy for full price but i don't want to play a shitty coded game, since i run a mid end system, if it does suck then ill throw those 60$ into a GOG preorder of the witcher 3 ASAP

There better be a FOV slider for FPP and separate Mods folder inside the directory if they want to use some obnoxious DRM. If the game turns out to be a turd on PC, I don't mind waiting a month or 2, I already waited over a year.

They fucked with GTA 4 on PC to Ubisoft levels and after gathering props with every announcement of GTA V features they're releasing the dark truth, they're in full politics mode. We'll see when TB gets his hands on it.

raSbapJ.png

where is this fifa 15 crack they speak of

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros