Denuvo DRM will be used for GTA V

deathjester

http://gtaforums.com/topic/745799-v-pc-to-use-denuvo-drm/#entry1066428562

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927970

http://www.denuvo.com/

By the people who made securom. Was not a huge fan of that junk. Blah blah it can't be cracked (it will be cracked), and the only people that have to deal with an inconvenience are people who pay for the game.

And Gaben on Piracy.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114391-Valves-Gabe-Newell-Says-Piracy-Is-a-Service-Problem

I have a feeling this will hurt modding a lot as well. We will see. I wonder if this isn't also about that. Now that we have games selling 100 DLC's of clothes etc, do they want people able to mod their games anymore? 

Still not buying a next gen console. I already have a x86 PC and I know that when these consoles are cracked? This same crap may come to consoles as well.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

How intrusive is this DRM? I have no experience with it, what are the issues people are getting from the DRM in previous cases and have they been resolved?

How intrusive is this DRM? I have no experience with it, what are the issues people are getting from the DRM in previous cases and have they been resolved?

It apparently is used with FIFA 15 and from the Neogaf discussion it appears it isn't cracked yet. Also in Lords of the Fallen. I haven't played either game so I couldn't tell you.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/lords-of-the-fallen-pc-version-still-uncracked-thanks-to-new-drm-solution-three-days-and-counting/

Some are also claiming it has high CPU overhead and are blaming it for performance problems.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Rockstar will use new DRM system in GTA 5 for PC. This system is Denuvo, which also used in FIFA 15 and Lords of the Fallen.

This System uses special code which changes every time so this DRM is still not hacked, and I think it wont be.
No more piracy on PC and only way you can play GTA 5 its Steam.

Really, cause Lord of the Fallen is available on multiple sites, cracked and ready to download and play.

I'm severely disappointed with Rockstar right now.

*Edit, just checked for FIFA 15, it has been cracked as well.

*Edit 2, just read a bit more about Denuvo, I can tell you all right now that I am not purchasing GTA V or any other game that has that kind of DRM. It sounds even worse than GFWL and is coming really close to SecuROM.

Thanks R*, you've essentially killed all enjoyment I've had for this game, and to think I already had $60 lined up to buy it after I saw TB's "WTF Is" , now I'm going to watch TB absolutely ridicule this game.

As long as I can buy the game on steam, download it, and play, than I don't really care. If it effects performance though, than there is an issue.

Which is what makes you the worst kind of consumer.

As long as I can buy the game on steam, download it, and play, than I don't really care. If it effects performance though, than there is an issue.

Yeah that is the only thing that concerns me. I imagine GTA V will be very CPU bound as an open world game. Just really hoping it doesn't slow me down much. Should be ok with a OC I7, but this is going to suck if it runs badly on non overclocked chips.

I have never played the game so I was looking forward to it.

raSbapJ.png

that's the most obnoxious statement i ever heard, they fucking recognized shit can be violated, and they took it as a positive point, obviously R* north isn't that much interested about getting the game crack, they are mostly implementing this to prevent modding, considering GTA online has microtransaction i would be surprised that the biggest reason for this, and tbh i hope i'm wrong here, really looking foward to the game but if this cockblocks mods or make running then game a hassle the have a juicy middle finger rockstar

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So what's this do and or require? . . . .

Supposedly always on DRM that is an extra layer past Steam and some are blaming it for Lords of the Fallen running badly, but that is just opinion atm. We have seen games run badly with no DRM. 

Anyone out there have FIFA 15? It also uses this. Is CPU usage going crazy in the game? 

that's the most obnoxious statement i ever heard, they fucking recognized shit can be violated, and they took it as a positive point, obviously R* north isn't that much interested about getting the game crack, they are mostly implementing this to prevent modding, considering GTA online has microtransaction i would be surprised that the biggest reason for this, and tbh i hope i'm wrong here, really looking foward to the game but if this cockblocks mods or make running the game a hassle the have a juicy middle finger rockstar 

Yeah that is what I am thinking. It might be more about mods than it is about a foolproof crack. I mean they are just painting a target on themselves now.

Like I recently just played through Mass Effect series (again) and I had never used all the 4k texmods and they have THOUSANDS of those things. Outfits, skins etc. I imagine the devs aren't too happy with this, when they are trying to sell outfits as DLC that might look worse than our mods. 

http://www.denuvo.com/#page-4

Here are their partners. EA, MS, Warner Bros, Rockstar are the big devs I see on there at a glance.

The same DRM only managed to protect Shadow of Mordor Lords of the Fallen for about 1 week. The same DRM has been linked to lots of bugs, crashes and some performance issues in the game. There way the DRM works might also limit mods (by preventing altered game files from working).

Honestly, I hope the DRM is awful and cracked really quickly. We need more people to realize how bad DRM is and developers to walk the same path as CD Project Red.

Edit: I got Shadow of Mordor and Lords of the Fallen mixed up. Sorry about that.

Honestly, I hope the DRM is awful and cracked really quickly. We need more people to realize how bad DRM is and developers to walk the same path as CD Project Red.

QFT and i'm voting with my wallet here, ill wait for review and public opinions before jumping on GTA V, it was going to be one of the few games i was going to buy for full price but i don't want to play a shitty coded game, since i run a mid end system, if it does suck then ill throw those 60$ into a GOG preorder of the witcher 3 ASAP

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Rockstar never gave a poo about PC gaming. Remember that GTA4 uses/used? Games For Windows Live :wacko:

Yet Steam was released as a DRM bloatware. I do agree with him though, but we need to look to CD Project RED for how it is done.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The same DRM only managed to protect Shadow of Mordor for about 1 week. The same DRM has been linked to lots of bugs, crashes and some performance issues in the game. There way the DRM works might also limit mods (by preventing altered game files from working).

Ah. I didn't know it was used on Mordor. Seems like they said it was only Lords of the Fallen and FIFA 15. Welp if that game got cracked in a week? Yeah this is good for nothing and probably more about limiting mods, which sucks. I imagine FIFA 15 wasn't as big a target of the pirates so they picked that game to brag about.

Warner Brothers is right there in their partners list though so it makes sense it was used on Mordor.

FFS just use Steam! You don't need to worry about being cracked if you use a DRM that most people are okay with...

Ah. I didn't know it was used on Mordor. Seems like they said it was only Lords of the Fallen and FIFA 15. Welp if that game got cracked in a week? Yeah this is good for nothing and probably more about limiting mods, which sucks. I imagine FIFA 15 wasn't as big a target of the pirates so they picked that game to brag about.

Warner Brothers is right there in their partners list though so it makes sense it was used on Mordor.

Oops sorry about that. I got the games mixed up. I don't know what DRM Shadow of Mordor uses (might only be Steam). I was talking about Lords of the Fallen.

These days I'm pretty ambivalent about DRM unless it fucks with my experience.  Will reserve judgment 

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Remember that time Ubisoft brought out Uplay and everyone loved it? DRM is totally not a problem, and I've never pirated a Ubisoft game despite owning it on Uplay, not even once.

I just won't buy it then, it's not exactly rocket science.

Just like I don't buy anything from Ubisoft because of uplay (and every other shitty thing they do)

If Rockstar is nixing modding as well, well in that case they can just go eat sand and go swimming for all I care.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

DRM is bullshit. If it hinders the paying customer, it does not help against piracy at all.

And this is quite a shame, seeing as GTA V was shaping up to be awesome on PC. I may pick it up after the drm has been hacked through (I can be very patient with games.)

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

You know what, fuck this. When I buy my phone, laptop or car; they don't come with DRM that says "LOL FUCK U" and hinders performance simply to stop "piracy" Fuck right off. 

Im going to pay the full price, let me enjoy the game. Piracy measures only screw over those who actually pay legally and have to deal with issues, performance hits and other asshattery. The cheap bastards who torrent? They ironically get a better experience. 

How about this R*, I'll PayPal you 60 bucks directly, wait a few weeks for some quality rips to show up, and then go download one of those. You get your money, I get a game not crippled by DRM that time and time again only hurts consumers. Fair compromise, no?