coders,programmers,help needed for my assignment

Which of the following statements best describes the transport layer of the TCP/IP hierarchical model?

Question 11 Choose one:.

(1) The main roles of the transport layer communication protocols are IP address management and routing.

(2) The main role of transport layer communication protocols is to control the standards of wired LANs and the hardware standards that comprise them.

(3) The main role of transport layer communication protocols is to determine and implement data transfer methods.

(4) The main role of transport layer communication protocols is to convert the data of a communication application into a data format that a computer can understand.

Which of the following statements best describes TCP and communication using TCP?

Question 21 Choose one:.

(1) It is a communication protocol that leaves data in packet units and does not perform error checking.

(2) Communication using TCP is connection-based communication.

(3) Communication using TCP is connectionless communication.

(4) TCP is used for communications that require real-time transmission of information, such as IP telephony and Internet video relay.

Which of the following statements best describes the TCP header?

Question 31 Choose one:.

(1) [1] Sender port number (16 bits), [2] Receiver port number (16 bits), [3] Sequence number (32 bits), [4] Acknowledgement number (32 bits), [5] Data offset (4 bits), [6] Reserved (6 bits), [7] Control flag (6 bits), [8] Window size (16 bits), [9] checksum (16 bits), [10] emergency pointer (16 bits), [11] options and [12] padding are written.

(2) The checksum is used as a means of communicating the communication status to the communicating party.

(3) Only the sending port number (16 bits), receiving port number (16 bits), length (16 bits) and checksum (16 bits) are written.

(4) The sequence number is used as data to identify which communication application created the data at the sending application layer.

Which of the following statements best describes the port number?

Question 41 Choose one:.

(1) The port number used by the client, reserved in the range 0 to 1023, is called the well-known port and is assigned to the communication application.

(2) The port number used by HTTP is 80.

(3) The port number used for SMTP is 110.

(4) The port number used by the communication application for the server is the same as the port number used by the communication application for the client.

Which of the following statements best describes the procedures for communication by TCP?

Question 51 Choose one:.

(1) The amount of data a receiver can receive at one time is called the segment size.

(2) The checksum of the TCP header is used as a means of communicating the communication status to the communication partner.

(3) The control flag SYN is used to establish a connection and Fin is used to terminate a connection, but these requests are always confirmed by the ACK flag, which is an acknowledgement.

(4) A number is written in the acknowledgement number of the TCP header to indicate where the split received data was located in the transmitted data so that it can be recovered by the receiving side.

-= Topic Locked =-

If you don't understand the material we can help but we cannot provide answers to your assignments.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER