Google glass officially banned in theaters

SirBindy

I wish people stopped doing "CAM versions" when it comes to movies. Video is bad and even if you could over that, there isstill that terrible audio ruining the whole experience.

Cant understand people who watch movies like this.

PS. Anybody feels like Google Glass was just a hype ? I mean i havent heard anybody mention it after the reviewes were released. Many people wear smartwaches but almost nobody wears GG.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

If someone is rich enough to pay a thousand bucks on a pair of glasses I don't think they are the kind of people that go to the cinemas to record movies.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

seams like a waste of time to me... if people manage to being high quality HD cams into theaters and record movies, bringing in google glass won't be an issue

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

If someone can keep their head THAT still recording a movie, I would pay for it just for their skill.

Or they could just put it on the chair on front of them.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Or they could just put it on the chair on front of them.

Find me a pirater that thinks.

I wish people stopped doing "CAM versions" when it comes to movies. Video is bad and even if you could over that, there isstill that terrible audio ruining the whole experience.

Cant understand people who watch movies like this.

PS. Anybody feels like Google Glass was just a hype ? I mean i havent heard anybody mention it after the reviewes were released. Many people wear smartwaches but almost nobody wears GG.

Something is better than nothing if you can't pay for things.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Guess what? That's not the theatres problem. Anyone who has a Google Glass knows you're not allowed to bring recording devices into a theatre. Even if you didn't know about the specific laws, you should be able to apply common sense.

Bring a pair of backup glasses. Simple. Done. How can you say this isn't their own fault? Anyone who can afford Google Glass, can damn well afford a backup pair of glasses. This is 100% a non-issue.

thats like saying people know your not allowed to bring recording devices into the theatre so leave your phone in the car. oh and if you have a family emergency dont worry, you can contact them after wards. as many have said as well, its obvious when its in use and it has what a twenty second record time and maybe couple hour battery? applying common sense yes should be done but should be done by both parties. not just by the movie goer but the movie industry as well. and just because someone can afford glass, means they probably can afford a back up pair doesnt mean they should be required to always have them with them. glass works as prescriptions regardless of its battery level or power state. so in essence carrying more stuff around with you is all a back up pair achieves.

Because it matters....

Anyone whos going to watch a CAM isn't going to pay for the movie anyway. 

Not to mention, bringing an actual video camera...or a phone isn't exactly difficult... 

some theaters use devices to see IR light from cameras in theaters

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

thats like saying people know your not allowed to bring recording devices into the theatre so leave your phone in the car. oh and if you have a family emergency dont worry, you can contact them after wards. as many have said as well, its obvious when its in use and it has what a twenty second record time and maybe couple hour battery? applying common sense yes should be done but should be done by both parties. not just by the movie goer but the movie industry as well. and just because someone can afford glass, means they probably can afford a back up pair doesnt mean they should be required to always have them with them. glass works as prescriptions regardless of its battery level or power state. so in essence carrying more stuff around with you is all a back up pair achieves.

That argument is flawed.

First off, they don't tell you that you cannot bring your phone into the theatre. Obviously the policy is different, depending on the specific theatre franchise, but generally you're requested to turn your phone on "Silent/vibrate", or shut it off.

The rest is irrelevant. Google Glass is not your primary mobile device (Nor should it be, with the massive amount of limitations the technology still has - including that several hour battery life). There is NO reason for a person to bring a Google Glass into a movie theatre. And there is no reason for them to be surprised, if the proprietor asks them to take the device off or will not permit them to bring it inside the screening room.

Even if I did own a Google Glass, I would always carry a backup pair of glasses with me.

Normally, the movie industry is wrong in many arguments, but in this case, they are 100% justified. Anyone who believes otherwise is not logically thinking it through. It doesn't even matter if you can't record a whole movie. Even if you record a 20 second clip, or 5 minutes, or half an hour - all of those circumstances are morally wrong, and illegal.

There is no justified situation where you should be allowed to bring a Google Glass inside the theatre. It's not your mobile phone. It's not for emergencies.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That argument is flawed.

First off, they don't tell you that you cannot bring your phone into the theatre. Obviously the policy is different, depending on the specific theatre franchise, but generally you're requested to turn your phone on "Silent/vibrate", or shut it off.

The rest is irrelevant. Google Glass is not your primary mobile device (Nor should it be, with the massive amount of limitations the technology still has - including that several hour battery life). There is NO reason for a person to bring a Google Glass into a movie theatre. And there is no reason for them to be surprised, if the proprietor asks them to take the device off or will not permit them to bring it inside the screening room.

Even if I did own a Google Glass, I would always carry a backup pair of glasses with me.

Normally, the movie industry is wrong in many arguments, but in this case, they are 100% justified. Anyone who believes otherwise is not logically thinking it through. It doesn't even matter if you can't record a whole movie. Even if you record a 20 second clip, or 5 minutes, or half an hour - all of those circumstances are morally wrong, and illegal.

There is no justified situation where you should be allowed to bring a Google Glass inside the theatre. It's not your mobile phone. It's not for emergencies.

how is it flawed? google glass, sure isnt a mobile phone or primary mobile device. BUT your mobile phone can do far more and should be seen by the movie industry's logic as more of a threat than glass. even if it isn't as "discrete" as glass is at recording videos. i mean "ok glass, take a video" isnt obvious enough right? let alone a brightly lit screen. as for always carrying a backup pair of glasses, do you always carry a backup cell phone too incase the one in your hand dies? i know i dont. so why should i carry a backup pair of glasses if the ones i am wearing, regardless of their technological ability, arent broken? i see their argument, it can record video. but so can cell phones, yet their policy there is just have it silenced. they could easily have said we ask you not use glass while in the theater. rather than just flat out going they arent allowed to even be on you when you go in. what about smart watches? we gonna ban them as well? apple watch has a built in microphone. or is the audio not as important as the video? so they will be ok to have on you?

Something is better than nothing if you can't pay for things.

I dont pay but at least i wait for dvd release (dvd rip) even if its months away. Its not worth rushing if what u get is garbage ands makes u hate or like the movie a lot less.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

how is it flawed? google glass, sure isnt a mobile phone or primary mobile device. BUT your mobile phone can do far more and should be seen by the movie industry's logic as more of a threat than glass. even if it isn't as "discrete" as glass is at recording videos. i mean "ok glass, take a video" isnt obvious enough right? let alone a brightly lit screen. as for always carrying a backup pair of glasses, do you always carry a backup cell phone too incase the one in your hand dies? i know i dont. so why should i carry a backup pair of glasses if the ones i am wearing, regardless of their technological ability, arent broken? i see their argument, it can record video. but so can cell phones, yet their policy there is just have it silenced. they could easily have said we ask you not use glass while in the theater. rather than just flat out going they arent allowed to even be on you when you go in. what about smart watches? we gonna ban them as well? apple watch has a built in microphone. or is the audio not as important as the video? so they will be ok to have on you?

Yes, your mobile phone can do worse. And if they catch you doing said worse actions, you'll likely be sued, if not potentially arrested and charged (depends on specific local laws) - at the very least, you'll be thrown out of the damn theatre.

Theatre companies don't outright ban mobile phones, because they know EVERYONE has one, and carries it with them. They also know that many of their patrons keep one in case of emergencies (such as if the Babysitter calls because their kid got hurt). None of those arguments apply to Google Glass. It's not crucial to anyone. And no, I don't carry a backup cellphone, but I DO carry a battery bank, in case it does die.

You should carry a backup pair of glasses because the device you're wearing is not permitted in the theatre. Simple. Everyone should understand that Google Glass should not be worn inside a theatre. Anyone who applies common sense, would not walk into a theatre wearing a Google Glass, and then be all shocked when they're told to leave it in the car.

As for audio.. frankly, yes, video is more important than audio. As for smartwatches being banned - who knows if that will happen? They're also a very new invention on the consumer scale. If they start integrating cameras into smartwatches, then yes, I could potentially see them being banned.

Why won't they just ask you not to use your Glass during the movie? Because they would have to trust you explicitly to not use the temptation. With phones or camcorders, it's a lot more obvious holding up such a device, so they can rely on staff or other movie viewers to discover - and report - such instances. I know I would damn well turn in someone if I saw them recording the movie I'm watching. It would feel really satisfying too. Cam records of movies offend me on a visual fidelity level.

Why don't you understand that this is a perfectly reasonable thing to do? If you don't like it, vote with your wallet, and go to a theatre that doesn't ban Google Glass. Support your local Indie theatre if you have one.

Sooner or later, if the technology is invented to allow this, theatres will probably have scanners installed that will detect recording equipment. I could definitely see that happening, and I would be OKAY with it. Their venue, their property, their rules. Don't like it? Go somewhere else, or open up your own cinema chain that doesn't ban these devices. Have fun when the pirates catch on, and flock to your theatre - and that's assuming you could even secure distribution of Hollywood films at that point.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You should carry a backup pair of glasses because the device you're wearing is not permitted in the theatre. Simple. Everyone should understand that Google Glass should not be worn inside a theatre. Anyone who applies common sense, would not walk into a theatre wearing a Google Glass, and then be all shocked when they're told to leave it in the car.

>put in pocket when entering

>pull out when seated

>"ok glass, take a video"

>....

>profit?

This is like trying to enforce piracy laws on the web. Hows that going?

you honestly think this can be enforced? I don't. I Iive in brooklyn, NY. the people here are so technologicly inept I would be amazed if they recognized the glasses to begin with.

and the words "ok glass, take a video" do not need to be shouted to the top of your lungs. am I missing somthing? I honestly don't see this being enforced. it's making me lol.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Who actually records movies in theatres anymore? Isn't ripping the file easier?

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Who actually records movies in theatres anymore? Isn't ripping the file easier?

Ripping the file from what... exactly?

People record movies in theatres still because the movie comes out on the big screen first. Most DVD/Blu-Ray releases are still 6 months after the theatre release - at minimum. Some can take a year or longer (Though the trend is usually now sooner DVD/Blu-Ray releases).

Yes, occasionally someone might get their hands on a review screener DVD, but most film critics wouldn't risk getting caught ripping one, since that's their livelihood on the line. If they get caught, they can say goodbye to ever reviewing a movie before release again.

Just ban the whole idiotic idea. Google should be focusing on giving me my driverless car rather than something thats less capable than a smartphone and writes nerd all over my face. 

Ripping the file from what... exactly?

People record movies in theatres still because the movie comes out on the big screen first. Most DVD/Blu-Ray releases are still 6 months after the theatre release - at minimum. Some can take a year or longer (Though the trend is usually now sooner DVD/Blu-Ray releases).

Yes, occasionally someone might get their hands on a review screener DVD, but most film critics wouldn't risk getting caught ripping one, since that's their livelihood on the line. If they get caught, they can say goodbye to ever reviewing a movie before release again.

Okay, I knew I shouldn't use ripping so casually. I meant torrenting, not ripping.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

right because everyone would want to watch a movie recorded in low light with a tiny 720p camera mounted on a man's face which will inevitably move about during a 2 hr film.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

right because everyone would want to watch a movie recorded in low light with a tiny 720p camera mounted on a man's face which will inevitably move about during a 2 hr film.

Every CAM torrent ever. They should be avoided at all costs. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Okay, I knew I shouldn't use ripping so casually. I meant torrenting, not ripping.

... I still don't get your point. That torrent has to come from somewhere... And unless the DVD/Blu-Ray has been released, then 99% of the time, it'll be a CAM release.

People don't record a CAM so that they can watch it themselves later. They record a CAM so they can put it up on TPB and allow people to torrent it.