Beware of virus

Lays

Well if it doesn't kill my D drive (backup drive) I'm happy.

Shut down your PC?

That solves.... what?

Every day there's a new "super ultra devastating" virus (the worst the world has ever seen, at least until tomorrow, if not sooner)

delete it, and move on with your day. and as Speedbird said, the ones that are really nasty to get rid of are the ones that you have to worry about.

It's very likely this has been around for several years. Might have resurfaced as something new, might be under a different name, but i'd wager that it's been around the block.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Why would you even open an email you weren't expecting to receive.... 

As an example, i get emails from 'banks' i have never even banked with about 'my account' all the time; don't even bother opening them just block the morons straight away. If you're stupid enough to open an email with an attachment you weren't expecting, you deserve the virus. 

Untitled.png

All them 'Barclays' and 'HMRC' and the rest shown are fake senders... 

If people didn't learn by now not to download attachments from unknown mails...well that is sad

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

If people are still dumb enough to download something from a strange email, it's almost deserved. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Are you kidding?  When my mail man knocks on my door with a ticking box without a return address, I open that up immediately!!!   

Prolly that new alarm clock I've always wanted but just never purchased and Google just read my mind....

It's good that I don't care about email anymore

How do you share important information then? Facebook?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

@juretn What do you mean? For chatting etc. I use iMessage or Skype

Well if it doesn't kill my D drive (backup drive) I'm happy.

I don't want anything going after my D...

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Why don't I ever get viruses in my mail?  All I get are African princes and bank managers wanting to give me millions.  I can barely walk through my house anymore because of all the money that's piled up in the rooms, so I have started to turn them down.

Ughh... e-mail notices, is this what this forum has degraded to? :unsure:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

This isn't devastating. I've seen viruses destroy BIOSs.

dude, theres one that the set your TJ Max temp on your cpu to like 260* C then it runs a bitcoin miner and it melts your system

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

dude, theres one that the set your TJ Max temp on your cpu to like 260* C then it runs a bitcoin miner and it melts your system

Holy Shit...

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Ok.
Even if I were to "open" the email, thunderbird(and gmail for that matter.. or any email service worth a damn) blocks any external elements by default.. and I know to not reveal external elements or open attachment from people I don't know.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Holy Shit...

ikr, it was a AMD sempron system, so the pins went into a plastic tray like thing. the plastic was melted and the thermal compound got so hot it started to run all over the motherboard.

and it even dripped moten plastic/thermal compound onto the GPU, so everything was screwed.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

• 3 weeks later...

So I received an email. It was from someone I never sent an email to, and the title was "Re: bn.powershot4". My email has two fours on the end, so I was already suspicious. I opened the email to find nothing but a link that says "Click here to read this message". 

Hell no I ain't clicking that on my desktop, over to my burner BlackBerry.

SS0MbcT.png

Clicking on the link brings you to a webpage that looks (at least on mobile) exactly the same as a standard Google account login page, I bet you if any but one of my friends were sent this, they would think it is real. However the URL wasn't accounts.google.com, it was some random string of numbers. Dead giveaway that it was fake.

xi8lZ3l.png

For the email and password I just mashed the keyboard and entered random shit. Clicking sign in, it actually accepted the info (confirming phishing site), and brought me to this page. Which also happens to be fake, this time a fake BBC site.

m4hoCa9.png

Wow, it amazes me how legit this would have looked if I didn't know better, so many people that could have fallen for this and had their account info taken just like that. smh

"Rawr XD"

wth?!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

LOL. How come I never get funny scam emails like that? I always get ones about canadian penis enlargment pills

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W