Umm so my parents adopted some kid

brownninja97

I have a lil' stepbrother since a short while. I was already the bigger brother so for me ti's not too hard.

My younger brother doesn't seem to mind either, we all get along great.

It's a weird situation for you since you got such a short notice. At least tell your parents you think that it's weird to get such short notice, but other than that I'd see wait out the situation.

Get to know your new brother a bit, see what he likes to do, what're his hobbies, what does he like to play with? You could bond a bit by seeing what you both like to do.

You don't have to have anything in common, so don't force that, many brothers don't so that's normal I'd say. But it'd be fun to see if maybe you do!

I like your profile pic.

Real question is, do you like my thread in my sig?

english plz (thread in my sig) the fuck is that (im a noob)

RMA??

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Whatever happens, just remember he is probably a lot more scared than you are.

That is a pretty screwed up situation. I definitely was not expecting to read that. Good luck though.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Ah, threiad in my signature. The little bit below everyone of my posts that contains a link :)

i love em the best is the ''i survived mod24'' one

ebay or craigslist.

use ebay. You only get shot or stabbed when using craigslist. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

That seems super odd to get only a 1 day notice. They must have been planning this for a while; it's not like they can run down to the store and pick one up.

Your parents forgot how to make sweet love to each other so they have to adopt?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Your parents are trying to tell you something. This is your replacement. :P

What would he do with the replacement

Idk maybe he will get a really cool brother as a replacement

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

This is so weird.I feel the pain already after reading what you have written.

since your are literally stuck with him,treat him as your little brother and hell yea! introduce him to computers

Idk maybe he will get a really cool brother as a replacement

doubt the company (I don't even want to think about what company it would be) would send him a good replacement unless he's from evga 

Find the warranty label on him and ship him back, if they ordered him via Ebay it'll probably be fine, money back gaurentee.

But in all seriousness, treat him like your buddy, impress him and show him that you're there for him.

If he's a good kid, you'll become friends and stuff only gets better from there.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Go around the table with your parents

1 ask your parents why they did not told you sooner.

2 ask your parent why they chose to choose for adoption.

3 ask the new kid how he is and wat he has been trough, it is always nice to have a conversation about his past it gives a sort of comfort to the adopted kid.

4 don't think to much about that it will be soon back to normal.

5 get involved with the new kid make him feel home, be the resemblance to the kid

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

1 ask your parents why they did not told you sooner.

2 ask your parent why they chose to choose for adoption.

#1 is a valid question, but I would tread very very carefully around #2. More often than not, people who adapt do so because they are unable to naturally conceive, and this could very well be a very emotional and touchy subject for the parents.

@brownninja97 Good luck, treat the new brother as a member of the family. Everyone's lives will be a lot better if you can make him comfortable sooner. How old are you? Could be a good chance to be a positive influence on the kid.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

*Calls taiwanese government*

"Yes?"

"Is there a warranty on this thing?"

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

so you are saying knock him the **** out, sure great advise

Shoryuken FADC into Metsu Hadoken - Oppa Daigo style

thanks I just laughed out super loud at work ><

I'll be amazed if I didn't just wake up housemates who have exams in the morning

But seriously, you probably need to talk to your parents about this one. They probably needed to you know, give you some time to sit and prepare for a change that big

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

So this was odd, i was told yesterday that im getting another little brother. So yeah i was like cool if you want to.

So today I come home and there is some random kid in the house, mother is like hey this is your new brother.

The kid is 8 and hes from Taiwan so im very confused as to how i should react to a situation like this.

Ive always been the little brother of our household and my older brother in at university so i cant really ask him for help.

Does anyone else have adopted siblings or some sort of similar situations because its hurting my brain thinking about this, the little guy seems happy to be here and im not sure if i should ask my parents as to why they did this, more importantly why they gave me one days notice.

He knows English thank the higher powers, well i guess this means i shall show him the wonders of computers.

It also means ill likely spend even less time on this forum. 

you defiantly need to teach him the epicness of pc's before he get too many friends with consoles and starts wanting an xbone 720P 791P. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

you defiantly need to teach him the epicness of pc's before he get too many friends with consoles and starts wanting an xbone 720P 791P. 

792p man, all the cool kids be squeezing out that extra row of pixels

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Will I guess keep him away from drugs, alcohol... you know the whole deal.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Update kinda: Asked mother about it, she said they sponsored the kid as he lived in poverty(paid £30 per month so he can have a life) but four months ago his parents were murdered, a month ago the company which does the sponsored realised the money wasnt going anywhere so they investigated and found out the parents were dead, my parents offered to adopt him two weeks ago. They said that as i was going coursework before they didnt want to bother me with this news so they waited until it was over which was yesterday.

Anyways spent the last few hours with him while mother went shopping, we likes lego a lot and my massive 4000+ hot wheels car collection, been hooked on the little mat i used to play on, kinda reminded me of my younger years. Here is the best part, it recognised my dragon ball z poster, addressing goku as kakarot(or kakawot as he says). I must admit the kid has an awesome hair line(stupid i know), its one of those hair lines that those photogenic people have. Anyways im worried about the lego. Also this kinda makes me a teen parent as my father is at work most of the day so, shit.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1