NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

1496W

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

That bondo filler does wonders,  :D what brand of filler is it, I may have to remember to get some of that stuff for any future projects.

fiber glass bondo I'll snap a pic of it when i dig up my supplies. just remember always use a sanding block because this stuff is a lot tougher than regular bondo and you would end up sanding the plastic down first around the fiberglass with out using a block. I use oak blocks cut in to all shapes and sizes works great.

also seems to have worked awesome on the plastic I know normal bondo would of cracked like there was no tomorrow .

I have those helping hands (that's what they're called btw, not a soldering stand) and they do the job fine. Only thing I noticed was that the magnifying glass tended to make it tip over so I removed it.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

very good guess. You are very fast to answer!

Did I get it right??

Did I get it right??

don't know until tomorrow. I get my kill-a-watt meter tomorrow.but now I might be in a dilemma  :o my A10-7850k setup I been using the ram out of has a buyer and going to be picking up when I get home from work. so the only way I can test now is to take the ram from my main PC. I don't want to do that but knowing me i'll do it anyway  :D

But the bright side is now I have funds for my GPU and low profile ram!!! WoooHooo

got my kill a watt , and was able to do some tests before I lose my ram. I can say I am really happy with the results. I will post them later when i have more time. any else want to take a crack at the total system wattage before I post? 

one hint it's under 95w

test was- prime 95 blend

system specs as of test

CPU g3258 @4.0ghz 1.1volts
High voltage ram 2x 4gb 1.65v
5400 rpm 2.5 hdd
2 silent 7 70mm fans 

got my kill a watt , and was able to do some tests before I lose my ram. I can say I am really happy with the results. I will post them later when i have more time. any else want to take a crack at the total system wattage before I post? 

one hint it's under 95w

test was- prime 95 blend

system specs as of test

CPU g3258 @4.0ghz 1.1volts
High voltage ram 2x 4gb 1.65v
5400 rpm 2.5 hdd
2 silent 7 70mm fans 

TDP of CPU 53W+10W(overclock)

Fans 2W

HDD 2W

RAM and system 15W

Around 80-85 Watts??

ok well its results time,

well with the watt meter just hooked up to the xbox power brick the brick itself consumes 5.5 watts it does have a fan and the 5v line is jumped on it. Jumping the 5 volt line is the way you mod the brick to work as a 12v power supply.

so i think it would be a safe bet to minus 5 watts from the totals .you can be the judge.

just the brick- 5.5w

idle- 32.5w (fixed watts =27.5w)

load- 74w(fixed watts = 68.5w)

the brick

IMG_20141114_132601_zpsizw22vbq.jpg

idle

IMG_20141114_132254_zpsrm7wzowc.jpg

load

IMG_20141114_132346_zpsolvcteuy.jpg

test setup ,sorry about the mess only had like 30 minutes to do this :D

IMG_20141114_132508_zpsyguulbse.jpg

Do you think you'll have enough headroom for that GPU? And how are you going to power it, doesn't the Pico only have a molex extension?

Yes I do the pico is max load at 160 watts and 200w peak. The gpu is only 60w max load and is powered through the pcie lane no other power needed!

So with low voltage ram added in I should lose 2-4 more watts and + 60w for load with my gpu. All together 125- 128.5watts on %100 gpu/cpu load! Not that bad

Yes I do the pico is max load at 160 watts and 200w peak. The gpu is only 60w max load and is powered through the pcie lane no other power needed!

So with low voltage ram added in I should lose 2-4 more watts and + 60w for load with my gpu. All together 125- 128.5watts on %100 gpu/cpu load! Not that bad

That's pretty great

Any more pictures??

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

[Edited]

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

the flux capacitor only requires 1.21 gigawatts tho,might over load it?

I'm sure it has some kind of overload protection, worst case scenario, it might trigger a fuse of some sort...or you might end up in the Jurassic era.

[Edited]

WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder