EA maximizes console graphics with Dragon Age: Inquisition

fnixha

EA 'maximizes' console graphics with Dragon Age: Inquisition

PS4 owners will rejoice with the latest news on Dragon Age: Inquisition. Latest reports point to a higher resolution on the PS4 compared to the Xbox One.

The Ps4 version of the game will hit 1080p while the Xbox One will be relegated to 900p. Both consoles will be paying at 30 fps. Both version were optimized to “maximize the current potential of each platform”. Inquisition looks like it uses the PS4′s extra GPU grunt to push up to 1080p.

Given that both consoles are approaching their first birthday, developers should be more familiar the platforms. The different settings on each platform reflects the very real differences between them. Its good to see EA spending the time to optimize the game rather than just hitting the middle ground like Assassin’s Creed Unity.

http://hardware-360.com/ea-maximizes-console-graphics-with-dragon-age-inquisition/

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

Still getting fucking sick of only hearing about resolution and FPS as if they're the only aspect of a game these days.

Fuck you cunts for being so pig-headed about this shit, tunnel-vision isn't good for anyone and it's why we're all in the shitter.

[in other words, "maximizing graphics" means absolute shit in this context, Minecraft can be run at 60fps and 1080p but still looks like an over-glorified sack of shit, so don't praise a game solely on those points alone.]

But how good does it look? I can imagine something like Goat Simulator or Minecraft would run @ 1080p60 on both consoles.
I really wish devs would give console players a 30FPS/60FPS slider. Let console players choose their framerate, resolution and or graphics like PC players do.

I CALL BULLSHIT. I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THE DEVELOPERS MAKING THE FUCKING GAMES CONSOLE OPTIMIZED WHEN MOST OF US DON'T HAVE FUCKING CONSOLES. FUCK YOU DEVELOPERS.

/r

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I CALL BULLSHIT. I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THE DEVELOPERS MAKING THE FUCKING GAMES CONSOLE OPTIMIZED WHEN MOST OF US DON'T HAVE FUCKING CONSOLES. FUCK YOU DEVELOPERS.

/r

BECAUSE IGNORING A SIGNIFICANT PART OF THE INDUSTRY JUST TO SATISFY YOU IS PERFECT PRACTICE FOR A BUSINESS WANTING TO MAKE MONEY.

How 'bout instead, games on every platform, but on PC there are OPTIONS that way people can adapt the game's fidelity to a level that their system can run, allows people with systems better than consoles to run the game better than a console can, problem solved, no one loses.

Probably wont run that well, there will probably be FPS drops at 1080p on PS4. Xbox one might run OK with the lower resolution of 900p.

Still getting fucking sick of only hearing about resolution and FPS as if they're the only aspect of a game these days.

Fuck you cunts for being so pig-headed about this shit, tunnel-vision isn't good for anyone and it's why we're all in the shitter.

[in other words, "maximizing graphics" means absolute shit in this context, Minecraft can be run at 60fps and 1080p but still looks like an over-glorified sack of shit, so don't praise a game solely on those points alone.]

Oh no, we have expectations that technology should be able to do at this point, we're soooooooo ignorant.

Let console players choose their framerate, resolution and or graphics like PC players do.

defeats the purpose of the consoles..

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

In what way? It's literally a 30 or 60FPS button, how would that defeat the purpose of a dedicated gaming machine?

I bet DA:I is simply more gpu-bound instead.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I'm gonna go ahead and say the obvious comment: 30 FPS is poop, even if the resolution is cranked up. Devs should give u 60 FPS. On the other hand, the console hardware is just utter BS and the devs don't really have a choice. They have to make the game somewhat visually apealing, which is still more important to a wide range of cutsomers than a smooth framerate, so.... yeah...

I call out Sony and Microsoft for ordering such weak parts for their consoles. If the consoles were stronger, the Devs wouldn't have to deal with it and the whole 30 FPS debate, which only exists to cover up tha fact that the consoles are weak, wouldn't have started in the first place.

who cares...

Sucker Punch did it for inFamous Second Son and Naughty Dog did it for Last of Us Remastered. It's not like he's asking for full on graphics settings, just an option to adjust performance vs graphics. Personally I'd pick the 60FPS option every single time.

In all honesty, I'd take a 30fps game if it meant that instead I could have a game that had dynamic weather, dynamic lighting, high-poly models, high-res textures, large draw distances, more models on screen at a single time, more advanced AI and the fuck-tonne of background technology

Except consoles basically have none of those, 60 fps should baseline over any features. And graphics wise resolution is easily the most significant setting. Open up any game and change it to 720/900p, the difference from 1080p is huge.

Has there ever been a console before where it was "maxed out" after only being around for a year or so?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I can't explain how over these posts I am they should be banned! It's basically reposts all the time says the exact same thing 30fps and some weird res on xbox and 1080 on ps4 get the f**k over it ffs!

I'll be in my 40's before Consoles could run things maxed out to a PC built this year. (and I'm a year younger than Linus)

The hardware is underpowered, I wish more would stick to what Nintendo is doing and make the most of the hardware instead of failing at trying to reach PC levels. Hyrule Warriors is visual appealing as is Bayonetta 2. These AAA companies are a bit dense. Visual appealing and simply upping texture resolution is not the same.

I can't explain how over these posts I a they should be banned! It's basically reports all the time says the exact same thing 30fps and some weird res on xbox and 1080 on ps4 get the f**k over it ffs!

It is relevant because one developer has resorted to outright laughable statements, and is trying to get a swing to a 30 FPS standard. It is also highly probable that the same developer neutered one console version on purpose, no matter what they say. Ubisoft said there was no downgrade on PC to...and then we found the E3 effects.

If you didn't have Ubisoft running their mouth and championing a 30 fps standard? This wouldn't be a story.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

-snip-

Why not have both? It's not like hardware isn't or hasn't been capable of delivering such an experience. Why should people be only given visual fidelity at the compromise of FPS? Even back in 1999 I was achieving over 60 fps in Quake 3 Arena even with the settings maxed out. This shouldn't be a question anymore. There were games on Dreamcast, as a matter a fact, a huge list of games that ran at 60 fps and that was also released in 1999. And games on Dreamcast looked amazing for its time. Regardless, this isn't 1999 though, it's 2014. There shouldn't be an excuse anymore for anything less than 60 fps. There should be no compromises either for graphic fidelity.

/r

you two need to take a moment and calm yo tits, unwad your panties, and get on with your life. The developers are making business decisions that ultimately are not in our platform's best interest. I wish they didn't make those decisions either.

as for the rest of you, you're basically sitting cross-legged, naked, in a circle with everyone wanking off the person to the right. comments saying

I'll be in my 40's before Consoles could run things maxed out to a PC built this year. (and I'm a year younger than Linus)

The hardware is underpowered, I wish more would stick to what Nintendo is doing and make the most of the hardware instead of failing at trying to reach PC levels. Hyrule Warriors is visual appealing as is Bayonetta 2. These AAA companies are a bit dense. Visual appealing and simply upping texture resolution is not the same.

are utterly and completely pointless.

LTT (and the almost everyone who starts talking about this issue):

748.gif

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Why not have both? It's not like hardware isn't or hasn't been capable of delivering such an experience. Why should people be only given visual fidelity at the compromise of FPS? Even back in 1999 I was achieving over 60 fps in Quake 3 Arena even with the settings maxed out. This shouldn't be a question anymore. There were games on Dreamcast, as a matter a fact, a huge list of games that ran at 60 fps and that was also released in 1999. And games on Dreamcast looked amazing for its time. Regardless, this isn't 1999 though, it's 2014. There shouldn't be an excuse anymore for anything less than 60 fps. There should be no compromises either for graphic fidelity.

That's what I want, options, options, options.

It's pretty much the biggest strength the PC has over the console.

But we've got people offering only an ultimatum that either a game is one way or it's the worst thing ever.

I give, I really don't enjoy partaking in discussions when it comes to consoles and PC anymore...

It is relevant because one developer has resorted to outright laughable statements, and is trying to get a swing to a 30 FPS standard. It is also highly probable that the same developer neutered one console version on purpose, no matter what they say. Ubisoft said there was no downgrade on PC to...and then we found the E3 effects.

If you didn't have Ubisoft running their mouth and championing a 30 fps standard? This wouldn't be a story.

Who cares! We don't even have to read these posts to know what it's already going to say which makes it completely pointless and if u guys all play pc you shouldn't care these threads are for people to hate on consoles even tho the people that play consoles don't care that it's 30fps and don't see a difference from old gen to new gen in terms of fps they just see better graphics and are happy so why does the pc industry have to say anything!? It does not concern pc players at all yet they still have to run there mouth!

Doesn't matter, still 30 fps.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45