AOC releases 21:9 ultra-wide monitor

Suddenly found this product in my favourite hardware store here in Norway. Didn't found any news about it on the forum, so figured I should inform you guys.

AOC U3477PQU 34" Ultra-Wide 21:9 IPS

Source of all images and specs: http://www.aoc-europe.com/no_cache/en/monitors.html?showUid=362

u3477Pqu_front.jpg

Realase date is set to be in sometime in October. My favourite (Norwegian) hardware store gets it in the 24th. (link)

Specs;

Product Details
  • Inputs: D-SUB, DVI-D, HDMI
  • 3440 x 1440 maximum resolution
  • Special Features: -5/24 Tilt,130 mm Height Adjustment,Audio out,Display Port Input,Eco Mode,e-Saver,i-Menu,Kensington Security Lock,MHL,screen+,USB 2x 2.0, 2x 3.0,VESA 100 mm
  • 300 cd/m²
  • 5 ms GTG

The price in Norway is 6500 NOK ($999 USD), so I am guessing the price in the US will be around $700, maybe less.

For the price this monitor seems quite appealing.

Didn't say anything on the official webstie about color space coverage, but it is rated as "professional" so I hope it will be good. Was thinking about buying the new LG curved one, but now this might change my mind. I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

I googled the model name and found more images, unboxings and such on other forums, so go ahead and check those out.

This one from overclock.net isn't too bad and has some more in-depth pictures.

EDIT: As ofr057 pointed out, Volbet did a review on this monitor in the Member Reviews section on the forum. I encourage you to check it out! (link). According to his review the monitor uses the same panel as the LG 34UM95. Should be pretty good then.

More pictures from the official website:

u3477Pqu_back.jpg

u3477Pqu_back_to_left_high.jpg

u3477Pqu_pivot.jpg

Dammit now I have to get clean underwear...

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Oh wow looks nice. The price tag is a bit scary, but I've seen scarier. 

The price of the ones LG makes is $999 and $1299. They have Thunderbolt, but no svivel, tilt or height adjust.

The price of the ones LG makes is $999 and $1299. They have Thunderbolt, but no svivel, tilt or height adjust.

Yeah ik. I wasn't saying that it isn't competitive :P I was just saying the price tag is slightly painful.

ooooold neeeeews :P

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

yeah komplett have had it on their site for quite some time, still drooling none the less ;)

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

Can't wait...hopefully in the US soon....

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

yeah komplett have had it on their site for quite some time, still drooling none the less ;)

ooooold neeeeews :P

Might be old news. Just saw it today and since I didn't find it in the news section in the forum I just figured I should inform the uninformed :)

Philips will release one in December as well. The BDM3470UP https://www.dustin.dk/product/5010798500/bdm3470up-34-wide-tft-led-black?ssel=false

@snowComet made a news article about it: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/208593-philips-revealed-the-new-monitors-that-will-be-shown-in-ifa-2014/

But ALL these monitors use the same LG panel, so there should be no difference in quality. However, it should provide some competition, driving down the price at least a little bit (They are all way too expensive as it is).

Now we can just sit back and wait for them to release some curved models too perhaps (and add some adaptive sync please).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

They also have a Hardware LUT for calibration.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Philips will release one in December as well. The BDM3470UP https://www.dustin.dk/product/5010798500/bdm3470up-34-wide-tft-led-black?ssel=false

@snowComet made a news article about it: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/208593-philips-revealed-the-new-monitors-that-will-be-shown-in-ifa-2014/

But ALL these monitors use the same LG panel, so there should be no difference in quality. However, it should provide some competition, driving down the price at least a little bit (They are all way too expensive as it is).

Now we can just sit back and wait for them to release some curved models too perhaps (and add some adaptive sync please).

Interesting. However, I don't think the price will go much lower than $650 - $700 with such a good IPS panel, at least not in a few years. Though I think we will see new, cheaper, panels in this new monitor category.

Interesting. However, I don't think the price will go much lower than $650 - $700 with such a good IPS panel, at least not in a few years. Though I think we will see new, cheaper, panels in this new monitor category.

As long as LG manufacturers all the panels, then you might be right. Hopefully Samsung and maybe AU Optronics, etc. will start making competitive panels, so we can get a proper price reduction. However the AOC is is already several hundreds of dollars cheaper than the equivelent LG monitor (at least here in Scandinavia).

Edit: @Bendiksen Derp, forgot that Samsung has indeed announced their own 34" 21:9 3440x1440 curved monitor, using their own VA tech, launching sometimes in 2015 it seems: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/224884-samsung-to-launch-27-169-curved-monitors-34-219-info/#entry3080645

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

As long as LG manufacturers all the panels, then you might be right. Hopefully Samsung and maybe AU Optronics, etc. will start making competitive panels, so we can get a proper price reduction. However the AOC is is already several hundreds of dollars cheaper than the equivelent LG monitor (at least here in Scandinavia).

Yeah. Now that i know that both AOC and Phillips use the LG panel for their 21:9 monitors I will probably go for one of those two. AOC is 6500kr, Phillips is 6000kr, the curved LG one will probably be crazy expensive in Norway like 12000kr. I do like curves though. Dem curves bae

AOC is starting to make some sexy looking monitors. I remember what their monitors looked like a few years ago.

Also, this will only push the price down even further, cant wait for some competition.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

No display port... So I'm not going for it.

Wait what? It has display port on technical specifications, not in manual, and not in inputs on the description... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

No display port... So I'm not going for it.

Wait what? It has display port on technical specifications, not in manual, and not in inputs on the description... 

It does have display port. Its also MST if I remember correctly.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

It does have display port. Its also MST if I remember correctly.

As said it has pretty conflicting information... >.> the manual which I downloaded doesn't reference DisplayPort ANYWHERE! and none of the pictures in it show display port either... Only the technical specifications say it has Display Port genuinely nothing else does...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Must buy now if it was curved. But I'm looking at the Crossover 21:9 monitors.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Yeah. Now that i know that both AOC and Phillips use the LG panel for their 21:9 monitors I will probably go for one of those two. AOC is 6500kr, Phillips is 6000kr, the curved LG one will probably be crazy expensive in Norway like 12000kr. I do like curves though. Dem curves bae

The link I provided is without VAT (moms). If you choose private, it says the page does not exist. Without VAT, the AOC monitor is 1000kr~cheaper than the Philips, so expect it to be around 7k DKK.

I saw another danish site have the LG curved monitor for around 9k dkk: http://www.proshop.dk/Skaerm/LG-34-34UC97-S-Curved-AH-IPS-2458520.html

As said it has pretty conflicting information... >.> the manual which I downloaded doesn't reference DisplayPort ANYWHERE! and none of the pictures in it show display port either... Only the technical specifications say it has Display Port genuinely nothing else does...

U3477PQU_10.jpg

U3477PQU_14.jpg

I despise it having DVI enough, but VGA d-sub? Omfg kill it. Kill it with fire! I'm pissed enough with my Asus z97 ranger having d-sub. What a waste of space.

Waiting for the KOREANS to grab these panels and start shipping them for $500 haha

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.