Monoprice Releases 4k (3840 x 2160 16:9) 60Hz 28" Monitor (/w HDMI 2.0 + HDMI/MHL) for $575 + shipping

28" UHD LED CrystalPro 4K 60Hz DisplayPort, HDMI/MHL, DVI Monitor (Picture In Picture |Picture By Picture) - Black / Aluminum Bezel

121564.jpg

12156_MonitorStand.jpg

avYncPk.png

Link to buy

Shipping to Ontario:

Shipping Method
UPS Worldwide Expedited $70.24
DHL 1-2 days $79.48
UPS Worldwide Express Saver $85.48
USPS Priority International $115.09

No source and a dead video?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Wow. Want. 

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD 

Now its really on my wishlist for sure. NEED. MONEY. RIGHT. DAMN. NOW.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The magic of Korean monitors?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

-snip-

Hi, welcome to the forums! The guidelines for posting news say that you should also put in your own thoughts on the news item, add a little original content.

Does anyone know if this is a TN panel? I assume so based on the price. Either way, this is awesome for 4K adoption, as this will help really drive the prices down.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Would much rather pay the extra $30 and get an Asus PB287q since they're both TN panels.

Hi, welcome to the forums! The guidelines for posting news say that you should also put in your own thoughts on the news item, add a little original content.

Does anyone know if this is a TN panel? I assume so based on the price. Either way, this is awesome for 4K adoption, as this will help really drive the prices down.

Seriously, why do people hate TN so much?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It has a 1ms response time --> Non IPS panel, so most likely TN. 

Cus we have used both and we prefer IPS. IPS just pops on colors. I also know people who hate the "ips glow" and backlight can be a problem also. Preference thing. :)

You can count me in the IPS camp, and it isn't that I think TN sucks or anything, because it can have advantages on response time. I just prefer IPS. World class Starcraft players and Dota players probably prefer TN.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Cus we have used both and we prefer IPS. IPS just pops on colors. I also know people who hate the "ips glow" and backlight can be a problem also. Preference thing. :)

You can count me in the IPS camp, and it isn't that I think TN sucks or anything, because it can have advantages on response time. I just prefer IPS. World class Starcraft players and Dota players probably prefer TN.

I also heard that IPS has better viewing angles, i suppose.

Would much rather pay the extra $30 and get an Asus PB287q since they're both TN panels.

Everyone in Canada has it for $699 so it's be $130 more. It'll probably still be cheaper after you calcuate the shipping form Monoprice and the taxes on the Asus.

While I believe many users here actually do hate TN panels, you're jumping to some rather large conclusions based on a simple question about clarifying Panel type since the specs didn't specify.

Furthermore, people dislike like them because they have comparatively bad colours, and HORRIBLE colour shifting and viewing angles. A good IPS will have good enough latency that I'll take the visually superior panel over the faster one.

With that in mind, I would consider a really good binned 120/144Hz TN, since occasionally they have decent colours (Still worse then IPS though).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

While I believe many users here actually do hate TN panels, you're jumping to some rather large conclusions based on a simple question about clarifying Panel type since the specs didn't specify.

Furthermore, people dislike like them because they have comparatively bad colours, and HORRIBLE colour shifting and viewing angles. A good IPS will have good enough latency that I'll take the visually superior panel over the faster one.

With that in mind, I would consider a really good binned 120/144Hz TN, since occasionally they have decent colours (Still worse then IPS though).

So you're telling me is that since I haven't experienced an IPS monitor yet, I can't conclude they're horrible? Probably would be pretty drastic since I've used a TN since the early days of flat screen monitors.

So you're telling me is that since I haven't experienced an IPS monitor yet, I can't conclude they're horrible? Probably would be pretty drastic since I've used a TN since the early days of flat screen monitors.

*cough*

Pretty sure you're quoting the wrong person, fella.

And to respond to your comment about @deathjester's comment, it's not so much that you can't conclude they're horrible. Because they aren't horrible. But there are better types. It's more like, you use something that's decent, but you don't know it's only decent because you've never experienced the best (or perhaps concluded they were over rated without testing it).

Now, I have no idea if you've used an IPS screen before. Based on your comments I assume you think TN panels are good. And yes, some of them are. And they do have advantages. But visually, I much prefer an IPS myself.

However a good TN panel is pretty awesome.

No I am saying because and him have used both, we know what we prefer. If you prefer TN? More power to you. I gave some of the reasons people prefer TN in my original comment. My best friend prefers TN. He watches a lot of movies on his monitor and the IPS glow/backlight bleed drives him crazy on all the IPS he tried. He literally took like 5 back to the store and couldn't get one with backlight bleed/glow he could stand. 

I don't hate TN at all I just prefer IPS. I prob won't be moving to 4k until IPS. Doesn't mean I hate TN.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

No I am saying because and him have used both, we know what we prefer. If you prefer TN? More power to you. I gave some of the reasons people prefer TN in my original comment. My best friend prefers TN. He watches a lot of movies on his monitor and the IPS glow/backlight bleed drives him crazy on all the IPS he tried. He literally took like 5 back to the store and couldn't get one with backlight bleed/glow he could stand. 

I don't hate TN at all I just prefer IPS. I prob won't be moving to 4k until IPS. Doesn't mean I hate TN.

QFT

If you like TN @terrytek then that's awesome. There are some good ones, and if twitch shooters are your thing, the response times are great. But don't assume someone hates a TN panel simply because they prefer IPS.

Personally for movie watching: Plasma all the way. My 50" Plasma is way more gorgeous looking then any LCD TV I've seen, and mine is a mid-range LG model, not even a top of the line Panasonic or Pioneer.

QFT

If you like TN @terrytek then that's awesome. There are some good ones, and if twitch shooters are your thing, the response times are great. But don't assume someone hates a TN panel simply because they prefer IPS.

Personally for movie watching: Plasma all the way. My 50" Plasma is way more gorgeous looking then any LCD TV I've seen, and mine is a mid-range LG model, not even a top of the line Panasonic or Pioneer.

Well, I might give IPS a try one day, once I have money.

I would like to add that not all TN panels are created equally. I have 3 monitors (1080P TN, 1440P IPS and 4k TN) and really the only perceivable difference between my 4k TN and 1440p IPS is the whites and black are not quite as deep on my 4K TN. Other than that, the color is VERY good and beats the color of my 1080p TN.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ