Monoprice Releases 4k (3840 x 2160 16:9) 60Hz 28" Monitor (/w HDMI 2.0 + HDMI/MHL) for $575 + shipping

I would really really really like to see a 28" IPS 4K monitor that is capable of 60hz, for a reasonable price.

These inexpensive TNs are all well and good, but where are the IPS models?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I would really really really like to see a 28" IPS 4K monitor that is capable of 60hz, for a reasonable price.

These inexpensive TNs are all well and good, but where are the IPS models?

You only have 3 4K display on the desktop monitor space (if I am not mistaken. I am only going by memory):

-> 32inch Sharp panel

-> 28inch TN panel (this one)

-> 24inch IPS (Dell UP2414Q is the only monitor)

You only have 3 4K display on the desktop monitor space (if I am not mistaken. I am only going by memory):

-> 32inch Sharp panel

-> 28inch TN panel (this one)

-> 24inch IPS (Dell UP2414Q is the only monitor)

I'm not really sure exactly what you mean by this. There are obviously way more than three 4K monitors currently for sale.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm not really sure exactly what you mean by this. There are obviously way more than three 4K monitors currently for sale.

You are correct, they are more than 3 4K "monitors" for sale. @GoodBytes is also correct, as he said "display" (though I think Panel is a more accurate term).

What he means is that there are only 3 different physical panels that all those 4K monitors use internally. ATM a Monitor Manufacturer only has 3 choices from Panel manufacturers.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You are correct, they are more than 3 4K "monitors" for sale. @GoodBytes is also correct, as he said "display" (though I think Panel is a more accurate term).

What he means is that there are only 3 different physical panels that all those 4K monitors use internally. ATM a Monitor Manufacturer only has 3 choices from Panel manufacturers.

Ahh Now I am with you again. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Ahh Now I am with you again. Thanks for clearing that up :)

No problem! LCD Monitors are a lot like External HDD's. Dozens "Make" them, but there are only a few actual providers of the main internal guts. There are more than 3 LCD Panel manufacturers, but not much more. As with HDD's (there's currently only what, 5 HDD manufacturers left? 4?)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No problem! LCD Monitors are a lot like External HDD's. Dozens "Make" them, but there are only a few actual providers of the main internal guts. There are more than 3 LCD Panel manufacturers, but not much more. As with HDD's (there's currently only what, 5 HDD manufacturers left? 4?)

I actually did not know that. Makes sense though. Thanks for the quick education!

While I like IPS, the response time and refresh rates aren't quite where I want them for my gaming. I therefore am sticking with my 144Hz monitor.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Monoprice tech support informed me that this is a dual tile/ MST display. Bummed...

Monoprice tech support informed me that this is a dual tile/ MST display. Bummed...

like every 4k desktop monitor.

but what does it really mater?

like every 4k desktop monitor.but what does it really mater?

Asus PB287q and Samsung U28D590D are single tile/SST to name a couple. MST can have tearing vertically down the middle of screen and have problems waking from sleep, half screen waking etc.

Asus PB287q and Samsung U28D590D are single tile/SST to name a couple. MST can have tearing vertically down the middle of screen and have problems waking from sleep, half screen waking etc.

Ah yes you are right. I stand corrected.

Ah I didn't know this was a problem. Thanks!

So I suppose this is the monitor paul showed in one if his recent vlogs.

28" UHD LED CrystalPro 4K 60Hz DisplayPort, HDMI/MHL, DVI Monitor (Picture In Picture |Picture By Picture) - Black / Aluminum Bezel

121564.jpg

12156_MonitorStand.jpg

Bah the bezels are awful and a non uniform bezel on a portrait multi screen setup.....ew.

But the price is low. But at this point there isn't much point into not simply getting the samsung one (which i have and i can't really complain about anything especially since i got it for 33% cheaper than the asus one).

I am holding off buying a 4k monitor until I get a GSync IPS one.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I am holding off buying a 4k monitor until I get a GSync IPS one.

Well you'll stil have to wait a year or more for that me thinks. Though don't take this as fanboyism but i don't think they'll bother adding g-sync to 4k ips by that point .

Well you'll stil have to wait a year or more for that me thinks. Though don't take this as fanboyism but i don't think they'll bother adding g-sync to 4k ips by that point .

I can wait. It's not like I have any money anyway. I am in the process of saving up for an all black upgrade to my PC already. So Haswell_ (Hyphen doesn't work for some reason, could use some help but underscore does) 5820K and MSI SLI Plus and the Black Rock 3 with painted over logo.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I can wait. It's not like I have any money anyway. I am in the process of saving up for an all black upgrade to my PC already. So Haswell_ (Hyphen doesn't work for some reason, could use some help but underscore does) 5820K and MSI SLI Plus and the Black Rock 3 with painted over logo.

Sounds nice But if you're going sli why not go full and go water with black tubbing?.

Planning something similar for my 2016-2017 upgrade to a full AMD PC mainly black with red accents. Going to call it Red eyes black dragon :D

Sounds nice But if you're going sli why not go full and go water with black tubbing?.

Planning something similar for my 2016-2017 upgrade to a full AMD PC mainly black with red accents. Going to call it Red eyes black dragon :D

I am not planning on going SLI. I just don't like it, it makes no sense even by going 2 way. It's just not worth the extra cost especially when the majority of the games you play don't have an SLI profile or are really badly unoptimized to begin with. Planetside 2. I just want the MSI board because it's the cheapest and it's all black.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

How is the price of the 287Q compared to this one at this point in time? Really curious, though I will be holding off on 4K for my main setups for a while. Want to get in on the 21:9 1440p action.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

It looks nice, but I really want some 24" 4k monitors to come out. 28" wouldn't fit on my desk very nicely :/

So I suppose this is the monitor paul showed in one if his recent vlogs.

You are correct. Here is the video if anyone is interested;

He should have the overview/first impression/review up in a couple days, if not in a week.

Also he has done a review of a Korean panel before, if anyone is interested in seeing how he does monitor reviews. Of course his review method is subject to change, but I thought I'd just throw this out there for him.

Who are these monoprice people.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.