Games/Streaming service keeps freezing on new PC

So I built a PC last week for the 1st time (thanks to Linus and crew's videos and to the forums here) and it was a lot of fun. Had some issues and worked most of them out between not turning on, to trying to update the wrong mobo bios initially, to not being able to figure out that I had to download Windows 11 onto a thumbdrive instead of just copying and pasting the .exe file, to fans not working. Frustrating but I'm having a blast. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is my games (Palworld, Destiny 2 and Civ VI) keep extreme freezing/some (some crashing in Palworld) along with whatever thing I am streaming/watching on my other monitor. After some research I figured it might have been my RAM's speed and how it syncs with AMD (not sure that's the right terminology) so I set my BiOS to 6,400hz and it still hasn't helped. I admit it could be something I did in the build but I don't think so. I really don't think it's the hardware (I had some money to play with and was kind of dumb and went nuts and feel a little bit like a yuppy now). Does anywhere know a good place to start for troubleshooting or what could be the issue? Temps don't seem to bad and it only seems to happen when I play video games. Streams/videos alone don't seem to freeze.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/capitalw24/saved/#view=2jY7CJ

P.S. Also I have an extra I/O USB 3.2 connector and can't tell where it goes on the mobo or if the mobo doesn't support 2. If you know on that that would be great but not dire. Thank you all!

39 minutes ago, capitalw24 said:

So I built a PC last week for the 1st time (thanks to Linus and crew's videos and to the forums here) and it was a lot of fun. Had some issues and worked most of them out between not turning on, to trying to update the wrong mobo bios initially, to not being able to figure out that I had to download Windows 11 onto a thumbdrive instead of just copying and pasting the .exe file, to fans not working. Frustrating but I'm having a blast. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is my games (Palworld, Destiny 2 and Civ VI) keep extreme freezing/some (some crashing in Palworld) along with whatever thing I am streaming/watching on my other monitor. After some research I figured it might have been my RAM's speed and how it syncs with AMD (not sure that's the right terminology) so I set my BiOS to 6,400hz and it still hasn't helped. I admit it could be something I did in the build but I don't think so. I really don't think it's the hardware (I had some money to play with and was kind of dumb and went nuts and feel a little bit like a yuppy now). Does anywhere know a good place to start for troubleshooting or what could be the issue? Temps don't seem to bad and it only seems to happen when I play video games. Streams/videos alone don't seem to freeze.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/capitalw24/saved/#view=2jY7CJ

IIRC Back awhile ago heard Ryzen 7000 can get iffy with ram above 6000.

Not sure if it still the same right now, but that's something you can try until a more knowledgeable person comes to chime in.

P.S. Also I have an extra I/O USB 3.2 connector and can't tell where it goes on the mobo or if the mobo doesn't support 2. If you know on that that would be great but not dire. Thank you all!

There is only 1 USB3 Type-A header, and 1 Type-C header on your motherboard.

image.png.4528c5e05b79669fb6856b8210a8ec13.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

22 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

IIRC Back awhile ago heard Ryzen 7000 can get iffy with ram above 6000.

Not sure if it still the same right now, but that's something you can try until a more knowledgeable person comes to chime in.

There is only 1 USB3 Type-A header, and 1 Type-C header on your motherboard.

image.png.4528c5e05b79669fb6856b8210a8ec13.png

Thank you so much for the response!! Does that mean just go to the BiOS and put it at 6,000hz instead of 6,400hz? 

Also, I think the 2nd header is also a USB 3.2 Gen 1 header. Essentially, it seems like 2 USB ports are dead and there is 1 cable that is spare but I can't figure out where to put it. 

Thank you again for taking some time!

15 minutes ago, capitalw24 said:

Thank you so much for the response!! Does that mean just go to the BiOS and put it at 6,000hz instead of 6,400hz? 

See if there is an XMP/EXPO profile for 6000 in the XMP Profile drop down list.

Also, I think the 2nd header is also a USB 3.2 Gen 1 header. Essentially, it seems like 2 USB ports are dead and there is 1 cable that is spare but I can't figure out where to put it. 

Yeah corsair doesn't have any manual on their page for that case, so... I am guessing the extra connector is the USB3 Gen 1 (Type-A)

This one :

image.png.c87dee9c342750a6dd630506132e0a96.png

Basically you only have 1 header for that kind of connector on your motherboard (1 header can support 2 ports, each of that connector caters for 2 ports)

So your extra connector either :

1. Stay unconnected, making the 2x Type-A ports that are connected to the extra connector unusable

or

2. Buy a USB 2 header to USB3 header adapter, and the Type-A ports that are connected to the extra connector will work, but only as USB 2

or

3. Buy a Type-E to USB 3 Header adapter, the Type-A ports that are connected to the extra connector will work as USB3, but you won't be able to plug your Type-C connector.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

See if there is an XMP/EXPO profile for 6000 in the XMP Profile drop down list.

Yeah corsair doesn't have any manual on their page for that case, so... I am guessing the extra connector is the USB3 Gen 1 (Type-A)

This one :

image.png.c87dee9c342750a6dd630506132e0a96.png

Basically you only have 1 header for that kind of connector on your motherboard (1 header can support 2 ports, that connector caters for 2 ports)

So your spare connector either :

1. Stay unconnected, making the 2x Type-A ports that are connected to the extra connector unusable

or

2. Buy a USB 2 header to USB3 header adapter, and the Type-A ports that are connected to the extra connector will work, but only as USB 2

or

3. Buy a Type-E to USB 3 Header adapter, the Type-A ports that are connected to the extra connector will work as USB3, but you won't be able to plug your Type-C connector.

image.png

I do remember seeing a 6,000 option. 

I will do that on both fronts. Thank you again I have been on reddit and I either get no response or really snide comments.

3 minutes ago, capitalw24 said:

or really snide comments.

Well, it's reddit. 😬

Refresh before you reply

Just now, Poinkachu said:

Well, it's reddit. 😬

I know I know... I didn't even know this place existed until I saw a Linus' video testing response times in different forums.
I have had so much fun though outside of that. Annoyed the hell out of my girlfriend for 2 weeks getting ready. I will take a little negativity mixed with some fun. But this has me stumped.

1 hour ago, capitalw24 said:

After some research I figured it might have been my RAM's speed and how it syncs with AMD (not sure that's the right terminology) so I set my BiOS to 6,400hz and it still hasn't helped. I admit it could be something I did in the build but I don't think so.

You wouldn't want to set the ram speed manually, you would want to enable XMP and leave that as it is. Otherwise, you would not have the proper memory timings set.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

the thing with ram is faster isnt necessarily better,  so also try absolute default speeds (no xmp set)

you could also check if your ram is on the motherboard QVL

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

the thing with ram is faster isnt necessarily better,  so also try absolute default speeds (no xmp set)

you could also check if your ram is on the motherboard QVL

I didn't know that was a thing (I thought I had researched most everything). I see the supported speed is on the QVL but it doesn't have 96 gb of RAM. 
Should I buy lower RAM then?

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

16 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

You wouldn't want to set the ram speed manually, you would want to enable XMP and leave that as it is. Otherwise, you would not have the proper memory timings set.

Damn, I will check all of that out. I appreciate you taking the time to reply and help.