Monoprice Releases 4k (3840 x 2160 16:9) 60Hz 28" Monitor (/w HDMI 2.0 + HDMI/MHL) for $575 + shipping

While I believe many users here actually do hate TN panels, you're jumping to some rather large conclusions based on a simple question about clarifying Panel type since the specs didn't specify.

Furthermore, people dislike like them because they have comparatively bad colours, and HORRIBLE colour shifting and viewing angles. A good IPS will have good enough latency that I'll take the visually superior panel over the faster one.

With that in mind, I would consider a really good binned 120/144Hz TN, since occasionally they have decent colours (Still worse then IPS though).

My only problem with the viewing angle argument is the fact that it's not a phone. You look at a monitor straight on. Even in multi-monitor setup you angle the outside one(s) towards your face.

Colors? I agree, but that's the only advantage for a normal PC user.

Aren't monoprice monitors just slightly defected monitors from other companies that don't pass the inspection and quality test?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Color is way too important to me to buy a monitor with a TN panel. While there are good TN panels that are just as good as an average IPS or PLS panel, a good IPS/PLS will beat a good TN when it comes to color reproduction.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

TN panels can be great imo, when its done like this;

22a5e986_S27A750D-Ultra-Clear-mixed.jpeg

Even the ROG Swift looks worse than this TN panel here.

Even the ROG Swift looks worse than this TN panel here.

You are going to hate me for this, but:

To me it looks like your color are over saturated. Origin icon is more red orange than orange.

Also it is glossy, a cheap trick to boost colors.

But yes, not bad.

If it's not 178 degree viewing angles it's TN panel wouldn't pay over $300 For TN panel ever lol another boring release.

You are going to hate me for this, but:

To me it looks like your color are over saturated. Origin icon is more red orange than orange.

Also it is glossy, a cheap trick to boost colors.

But yes, not bad.

Could be the camera, I have this monitor and it isn't like that. 

I just got this Monoprice monitor delivered to me today.  It does not have the HDMI 2.0 input listed on the specifications. It has two HDMI 1.4 inputs. 

The description states: "On the other hand, the dedicated HDMI port is designed to support all of the features in the recently released HDMI 2.0 specification, making this monitor well suited for future developments in video card technology."  It does not have the port referred to in the description.

I am livid.  HDMI 2.0 was the reason I had bought this monitor, so I wouldn't have to deal with MST/Tiled display issues.  Thank you to the above posters who have informed me that I have SST options in 4k with single tile monitors in the same price range.  I immediately called Monoprice for a return and refund. 

I just got this Monoprice monitor delivered to me today.  It does not have the HDMI 2.0 input listed on the specifications. It has two HDMI 1.4 inputs. 

The description states: "On the other hand, the dedicated HDMI port is designed to support all of the features in the recently released HDMI 2.0 specification, making this monitor well suited for future developments in video card technology."  It does not have the port referred to in the description.

I am livid.  HDMI 2.0 was the reason I had bought this monitor, so I wouldn't have to deal with MST/Tiled display issues.  Thank you to the above posters who have informed me that I have SST options in 4k with single tile monitors in the same price range.  I immediately called Monoprice for a return and refund. 

Very good! I am disappointed in mono price for using false advertisement.

DisplayPort 1.4 doesn't need MST. It's a budget cutting move that some manufacture do.

Have you contacted Monoprice support about this? Could be you got an early version. Or it could be that you are correct and Monoprice has made a mistake on their website.

What video card are you using? Just use DisplayPort if you can. Any modern dedicated Video Card will have one, and many motherboards have DP on them now too.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They later uploaded a copy of the user manual, the same one that came in my box, which also states that it only comes with HDMI 1.4 inputs. The model number is the same on the manual as well.    I don't know what Monoprice support could do for me other than issue a refund... even though I wish I could be compensated for my time and frustration. I realize DisplayPort 1.2 has the same functionality in theory, the problem is that from even the specs given on this monitor it is impossible to tell if it is a tiled display using MST, or a single tile using SST at 60 Hz.  HDMI 2.0 would have implied the single tile display, because it doesn't use MST at all.    Currently I am looking at getting either an ASUS PB287Q, or a Philips 288P6LJEB, both are slightly more expensive at $650 on Newegg.  

They later uploaded a copy of the user manual, the same one that came in my box, which also states that it only comes with HDMI 1.4 inputs. The model number is the same on the manual as well.    I don't know what Monoprice support could do for me other than issue a refund... even though I wish I could be compensated for my time and frustration. I realize DisplayPort 1.2 has the same functionality in theory, the problem is that from even the specs given on this monitor it is impossible to tell if it is a tiled display using MST, or a single tile using SST at 60 Hz.  HDMI 2.0 would have implied the single tile display, because it doesn't use MST at all.    Currently I am looking at getting either an ASUS PB287Q, or a Philips 288P6LJEB, both are slightly more expensive at $650 on Newegg.  

Indeed they may only be able to issue you a refund. But talking to them and informing them that there is a mistake on their website is important. Not only will it help future buyers to avoid your issues, but it will also show Monoprice that they have lost you as a customer because of their error. Who knows, they may compensate you with a discount or coupon (This is standard practice in retail - complain to the head office or store manager about something and you usually get free goods or discounts out of it).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 weeks later...

He should have the overview/first impression/review up in a couple days, if not in a week.

Also he has done a review of a Korean panel before, if anyone is interested in seeing how he does monitor reviews. Of course his review method is subject to change, but I thought I'd just throw this out there for him.

Yes, he has posted a review: