Lian Li partners with DAN Cases to produce new mATX cases at 26L for $70. Supports 360mm radiators and 4.5 slot GPUs

filpo

Summary

Lian Li, a leading manufacturer of chassis and PC accessories, has partnered with DAN Cases to produce the A3-mATX. They will be available in white and black at an MSRP of $70 from today

Quotes

Size, mesh panels and accessories

The A3-mATX even with the volume being just over 26L, boasts 3 high-performance mesh panels on the top and both sides of the case, providing ample airflow for this compact chassis. The top panel is secured by 2 easy to remove thumb screws, while the side panels can be quickly removed with their toolless mounting mechanism. The reinforced plastic front panel goes for a modern, minimalist look, also detachable thanks to toolless mounting. A magnetic dust filter is provided at the bottom of the case, covering the entire bottom opening to keep your build nice and tidy.

Two additional accessories are available for the A3-mATX, starting with a tempered glass left-side panel to provide users with an unrestricted view of their PC build, and a vertical GPU kit that allows users to opt for direct air intake for their graphics card from the left-side panel. Both accessories are available in black and in white, at an MSRP of $12.99 and $49.99 respectively.

The anti-sag GPU bracket is included in the box to ensure the perfect alignment of the graphics card.

a3-h-011.webp

Compatibility (CPU cooler, PSU size, GPU length etc.) 

Even with its micro-ATX footprint, the A3-mATX does not slack on what components it can fit. The possibility of accommodating 4.5 slots GPUs up to 415 mm in length promises the option of going for high-end GPUs. AIOs up to 360 mm can be installed on both the top and the left side for sufficient cooling, and the maximum capacity of 10 x 120 mm fans for rigorous gaming sessions. The PSU mounting bracket of the A3-mATX offers unparalleled versatility with its multiple mounting locations. Both the front and the right side of the case can house the PSU in five different height settings. Compatible PSU sizes include ATX, SFX, and SFX-L with a maximum length of 220 mm. The hard drive mounting tray is also highly versatile with a total of 4 different settings on the front and the right side. Depending on the different configurations of the PSU, the compatibility of the GPU, radiator, and cooling fans changes accordingly, allowing users to express true freedom when building.

The A3-mATX case accommodates a maximum CPU cooler height of 165mm and a 4-slot thick GPU with a maximum length of 415mm. Note that with a 25mm thick fan installed at the bottom, the GPU thickness will be limited to 61mm, allowing for only a 3-slot GPU. Additionally, when installing a radiator and fan combo, there will be no space for the GPU.

a3-h-010.webp

a3-h-012.webp

Black A3-mATX pictured

Note: there is also a white version, pictures for that will be in the next quote

_DSC7267

_DSC7276

_DSC7274

_DSC7279

_DSC7292

White A3-mATX pictured

_DSC7267

_DSC7271

_DSC7277

_DSC7278

_DSC7293

Availability and pricing

The LIAN LI A3-mATX will be available on May 22nd, 2024, at an MSRP of $69.99 for both the black and the white versions.

My thoughts

$70 is a great price for everything I'm hearing. It does also seem a bit more unique compared to other NR200 clones such as the SAMA IM01 (which is still a great case, Lian Li just has a better brand name, DAN too)

If they bring this to the UK I might pick it up as it looks really promising since the NR200 is a little cut on space inside and isn't too much smaller. Searching for it on the major websites and pcpartpicker doesn't bring anything up so it seems to a be for NA only at least for now

Sources

A3-mATX – LIAN LI is a Leading Provider of PC Cases | Computer Cases (lian-li.com)

Lian Li Unveils Its Latest Case Collaboration, the A3 Micro-ATX | TechPowerUp

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

FIO looks out of place imo. I wish it was a cleaner setup that consisted of power and usb c type at the center or top.

Though I am not a fan of this particular design, it will take every single mATX case with mesh panels I can get.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

53 minutes ago, filpo said:

Summary

Lian Li, a leading manufacturer of chassis and PC accessories, has partnered with DAN Cases to produce the A3-mATX. They will be available in white and black at an MSRP of $70 from today

Quotes

Size, mesh panels and accessories

Compatibility (CPU cooler, PSU size, GPU length etc.) 

Black A3-mATX pictured

White A3-mATX pictured

Availability and pricing

My thoughts

$70 is a great price for everything I'm hearing. It does also seem a bit more unique compared to other NR200 clones such as the SAMA IM01 (which is still a great case, Lian Li just has a better brand name, DAN too)

If they bring this to the UK I might pick it up as it looks really promising since the NR200 is a little cut on space inside and isn't too much smaller. Searching for it on the major websites and pcpartpicker doesn't bring anything up so it seems to a be for NA only at least for now

Sources

A3-mATX – LIAN LI is a Leading Provider of PC Cases | Computer Cases (lian-li.com)

Lian Li Unveils Its Latest Case Collaboration, the A3 Micro-ATX | TechPowerUp

Looks a lot like an Asus AP201 clone, good to see more options in that category.

mITX boards aren't as good now as they used to be, mATX boards are also plentiful. Mini DTX didn't really take off with only Asus' ROG X570 Impact being in that form factor for mainstream consumer boards.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

When did Lian-Li become a budget case maker?

Equally importantly, why do I think that $70 is a budget case?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

I quite like it, especially in white, though I agree that the front IO could be cleaner. How many people actually use the front panel audio jacks?

19 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

When you consider how much it must cost to ship from the factory to the retailer, the design and tooling for what is likely to be a low(ish) volume product, I doubt a case can be sold for much less. Inflation is a bitch.

7 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

How many people actually use the front panel audio jacks?

I do occasionally, but only when I’m playing on the TV and my dad’s working next to me so I don’t bother him

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

$70 isn’t bad. D31 sells for around that much and is a bit larger than the A3. Ap201 also sells for around that price or a bit more, I think it’s a good price

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Cases have become so much cheaper. I remember buying mini ATX case from Lan Li years ago and it was like 250€ if not almost 300€. Granted, it was made entirely out of aluminium and metal plates were like 3mm thick. Everything inside made out of same thick aluminium plates bent into required shapes, no sheet metal anywhere. I got my current SilverStone Kublai case for slightly over 100€. It's steel, but it ticked all my boxes, only flaw it has is riveted HDD cage which really limits PSU choice, but other than that a great case for acceptable price.

This case being made by Lian Li and costing 70 bucks, it's actually pretty decent. Probably not aluminium or super thin, but still, it's a cute case if you want small but powerful build. I left small cases because graphic cards became so huge at one point...

15 hours ago, filpo said:

Quotes

and a vertical GPU kit that allows users to opt for direct air intake for their graphics card from the left-side panel.

Wait what? How would that work in an mATX...

oh.

a3-h-023.webp

They shift it forward 50mm? If past history serves well, the adapter kit will be just as much as the case itself. (PC-O11D vertical bracket was $100 in of itself for a gen 3 riser)

I mean... I guess that works but you lose so much of the functionality of the computer that I dont see this being very useful. The rest of the concept though is very valid; especially considering a lot of bigger GPU's cant fit into most SFF ITX cases. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 12:24 AM, aisle9 said:

they always were, cheap mass market products, most money goes into advertising and "influencers"...

premium brands are actually very expensive because, well, they offer premium quality and put most money in the product.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

they always were, cheap mass market products, most money goes into advertising and "influencers"...

premium brands are actually very expensive because, well, they offer premium quality and put most money in the product.

What would be your premium alternatives to this?

Looks solid, just wonder about PSU location there is intake for CPU cooler good enough. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Dracarris said:

What would be your premium alternatives to this?

There aren't very many alternatives at this size level save for the AP-201 on top of my head.

But I'm sure Lian-Li's own TU-150 would trash this in terms of being premium.

5 hours ago, Motifator said:

There aren't very many alternatives at this size level save for the AP-201 on top of my head.

But I'm sure Lian-Li's own TU-150 would trash this in terms of being premium.

That kind of reflects my feeling that the market for these sweet-spot-cases is really 🦗 which IMHO is a shame. The TU-150 is ITX, the AP-201 looks a bit.. wider?

15 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

That kind of reflects my feeling that the market for these sweet-spot-cases is really 🦗 which IMHO is a shame. The TU-150 is ITX, the AP-201 looks a bit.. wider?

Yeah I do actually have an AP-201 here, it's M-ATX. Haven't gotten around buying something into it, it's closer to a P200 except it's larger to fit in M-ATX motherboards.