Government starts testing a Program in which a user must have License (Internet ID) to access the Internet

Fulgrim

is this only the UK?!?!?

The image is UK, but the source talks about US states.

I think someone must have made a mockup UK site image, and that's what all the sites are using as a picture.

Also, 2k posts!!!

HTTP/2 203

ha-you-made-me-laugh-go-to-gulag-4340430

Imagine an Internet gulag where if you do something wrong they send you to a page where the only thing you can do is read Youtube comments. #KillMeNow

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

the amazing thing is that we will protest for a month. then just accept it. then we wonder why people in other countries die for their rights while we can't even bother using ours. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

wasnt there some sort of reason we arent supposed to use the same password for everything? i think it started with a 'C' or and 'S'... 'cecu'...'secur' OH RIGHT! 'SECURITY'  dumb ass politicians thinking they know a damn think about internet security, you know should be making the these laws? fucking programmers who actually know what the reprocusion of this crap is, not some crusty lawer who forgot his fucking password

/rant

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

The title of this article is very misleading - the aim of the project is not to restrict internet access to only those who have signed up to the ID - it's to allow users to have a single government-issued login to access multiple sites - Government sites like healthcare at first, then they appear to be aiming to roll it out to 3rd party sites after that. source (same as cited in OP).

However, if the story indicated by the headline was shown to be the truth, that would be a legitimate and serious reason to leave or avoid the country associated with the law. The reason the Internet is so powerful and such a useful resource is that it allows people to speak with anonymity and with the ability to avoid being traced by governments if required. Granted, this also leads to the internet's downsides, but all in all it's better to allow anonymity than censor it. It is one of the last mediums left where anonymity is possible after all.

How long do you think it would take them to make it mandatory? All they'd have to do is go through the ISP's really. Granted if it's just a tool for verification and remains entirely optional, that's fine.

I can just see them making it mandatory "for public safety" as always.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

the amazing thing is that we will protest for a month. then just accept it. then we wonder why people in other countries die for their rights while we can't even bother using ours. 

Indeed, welcome to the new Amerika, where ADHD is the most powerful force on earth, for 5 minutes.

wasnt there some sort of reason we arent supposed to use the same password for everything? i think it started with a 'C' or and 'S'... 'cecu'...'secur' OH RIGHT! 'SECURITY'  dumb ass politicians thinking they know a damn think about internet security, you know should be making the these laws? fucking programmers who actually know what the reprocusion of this crap is, not some crusty lawer who forgot his fucking password

/rant

HAH. A very good point!

edit: Woops, double post, please edit together, srry.

The image is UK, but the source talks about US states.

I think someone must have made a mockup UK site image, and that's what all the sites are using as a picture.

Also, 2k posts!!!

congratulations! :)

Guess I'll start packing for Canada... I personally would rather get away from where I live. A population of 600 in my town and the people I live around are uh... Well lets say one house full has been arrested for the smoke and off smell in the little subdivision.. :(

GET ME OUT OF HERE

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I have a solution.

1) Cellular data (3G/4G)

2) VPN

Nice

Guess I'll start packing for Canada... I personally would rather get away from where I live. A population of 600 in my town and the people I live around are uh... Well lets say one house full has been arrested for the smoke and off smell in the little subdivision.. :(

GET ME OUT OF HERE

Why? You're better off there (I would think) rather than in a giant city full of the same types.

Nice

Why? You're better off there (I would think) rather than in a giant city full of the same types.

Well I mean when they get crazy at night, you know how many times I've had them driving a lawnmower through my yard at 5:00AM?!?!?!? Also every so many months someone comes through and smashes all of our mailboxes... :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Ah Governments, trying to control a thing you do not understand. But seriously though....

7901a1995d5b91cc06a67dce0774574d6c194cbb

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

What happened to America being the "Land of the brave & home of the free"

What a great idea!

Please tie that in to my National Insurance ID as well and include my birth date and bank details in ID too.

Now make sure to "include" a TV subscription and buspass for just £99.99 and welcome to the future.

Well I mean when they get crazy at night, you know how many times I've had them driving a lawnmower through my yard at 5:00AM?!?!?!? Also every so many months someone comes through and smashes all of our mailboxes... :rolleyes:

Dayum. That's when you start putting down spike strips in the grass. Also get a big ass steel pipe on the mailbox, put it right through the center so that it looks like the mailbox is "on top" of the pipe, but in reality when they go to swing a baseball at it from the back of a truck, they break their arm lol

Also, report that shit, set up a camera, vandalizing a mailbox is a felony lol

If it's in Michigan and Pennsylvania, why is the screenshot of the website from the UK government website?

Smells like bullshit.

What happened to America being the "Land of the brave & home of the free"

Its land of the free and home of the brave.

Why did America stop being that? Obama.   *shots fired*

While I agree this is bad, the idea that a bunch of civilians with shotguns and handguns could withstand the military of the United States is rather silly. Tanks, armored vehicles, and fully trained infantry that is FAR better equipped and disciplined then any civilian militia could hope to be would absolutely fuck a bunch of pissed off civilians.

I mean fuck, forget all of that and just think about air. A drone up the ass doesn't even give you a target to shoot at, and the government has already used drones to kill American citizens in the middle east.

Actually, forget ALL of this, what do you do when they turn off the power? Suddenly your internet being monitored doesn't seem so bad.

You forget that throughout History, the majority of rebellions have succeeded due to the Guerilla nature of humans.

While the government could surpress all 300 odd million Americans for a while, they wouldn't be able to indefinitely, not 300 million to however many would support the government, like 6 people

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

government-based online identity system in Michigan

Son of a motherfucking cunt ass bitch. God fucking damn it.

FUCK OFF GOVERNMENT. KISS MY FUCKING ASS. YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING CUNTS. KILL ISIS, AND KEEP US SAFE. THEN FUCK THE FUCK OFF, YOU MOTHERFUCKING CUNTS.

EDIT: Agreed, @Darkman?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Son of a motherfucking cunt ass bitch. God fucking damn it.

FUCK OFF GOVERNMENT. KISS MY FUCKING ASS. YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING CUNTS. KILL ISIS, AND KEEP US SAFE. THEN FUCK THE FUCK OFF, YOU MOTHERFUCKING CUNTS.

EDIT: Agreed, @Darkman?

Yep.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yep.

I feel I could have squeezed one more fuck out. xD

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

Welp, I'm moving out of this country. Yep, I'm done. I don't fucking care. I'm saving up to move to Canada the day I graduate. Fuck the USA. I hope this country collapses.

Its land of the free and home of the brave.

Why did America stop being that? Obama.   *shots fired*

Yeah, because this all totally started with Obama. Totally. Really. Not really. We've been fucked for years, and scapegoating only makes things worse.