Government starts testing a Program in which a user must have License (Internet ID) to access the Internet

Fulgrim

Couple this with the idea expressed by some in government to create an agency to "monitor the internet for "hate speech" and trolling" and soon you will have thought crime, and go to the gulag.

Hey America, the time has finally come to use those "rights" you've been battling to keep; if there ever was a time to get out your guns: this is it.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic, but our rights and morality prevent us from doing that, they must be the aggressor, not us. Never attack first, only defend.

wow this is a great idea

no more scamers  ,no more bots ,no more dissidents i mean hate speech .........

Lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And Canada only looks more and more better.

I mean, free healthcare AND maple syrup, now add on anonymous Internet? Not a bad deal if you ask me.

@LinusTech you hiring? :P

Nope nope nope nope and nope. That right there is what will quickly kill the internet as we know it today.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

And Canada only looks more and more better.

I mean, free healthcare AND maple syrup, now add on anonymous Internet? Not a bad deal if you ask me.

@LinusTech you hiring? :P

Do they need/want a security guard?....... I will work for hardware.....I also enjoy putting things together :P

Nope nope nope nope and nope. That right there is what will quickly kill the internet as we know it today.

Yup.

tumblr_n96xsuxd2e1rziwwco1_250.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

nsa-meme.jpg

It's fairly scary to be within view of that building, which I have been. You can see it from the road.

(Also I've been told, they have a really good bagel shop)

Hey America, the time has finally come to use those "rights" you've been battling to keep; if there ever was a time to get out your guns: this is it.

While I agree this is bad, the idea that a bunch of civilians with shotguns and handguns could withstand the military of the United States is rather silly. Tanks, armored vehicles, and fully trained infantry that is FAR better equipped and disciplined then any civilian militia could hope to be would absolutely fuck a bunch of pissed off civilians. 

I mean fuck, forget all of that and just think about air. A drone up the ass doesn't even give you a target to shoot at, and the government has already used drones to kill American citizens in the middle east. 

Actually, forget ALL of this, what do you do when they turn off the power? Suddenly your internet being monitored doesn't seem so bad. 

Conceal your intentions

. . .So, Sweden, Canada, Switzerland.. Japan.. seeming really great right now.

While I agree this is bad, the idea that a bunch of civilians with shotguns and handguns could withstand the military of the United States is rather silly. Tanks, armored vehicles, and fully trained infantry that is FAR better equipped and disciplined then any civilian militia could hope to be would absolutely fuck a bunch of pissed off civilians. 

I mean fuck, forget all of that and just think about air. A drone up the ass doesn't even give you a target to shoot at, and the government has already used drones to kill American citizens in the middle east. 

Actually, forget ALL of this, what do you do when they turn off the power? Suddenly your internet being monitored doesn't seem so bad. 

Interesting that you say that, yet the same military and government can't do fuck all about a bunch of people with guns in the middle east, not to mention that most of the infantry isn't going to kill their own families, and they'd be outnumbered at least 10 to 1.

Unwinnable insurgency, nuff said.

Also it's a moot point since most people like myself wouldn't be party to an "armed uprising" as some would put it. Merely willing to defend myself against an aggressor, as would most like me. I would be willing to participate in a rally in DC to protest what they're doing, but other than that I'm staying at home lol

. . .So, Sweden, Canada, Switzerland.. Japan.. seeming really great right now.

I was actually considering Japan, but only if there exists such a thing as a naturally redheaded Japanese girl lol.

Interesting that you say that, yet the same military and government can't do fuck all about a bunch of people with guns in the middle east, not to mention that most of the infantry isn't going to kill their own families, and they'd be outnumbered at least 10 to 1.

Also it's a moot point since most people like myself wouldn't be party to an "armed uprising" as some would put it. Merely willing to defend myself against an aggressor, as would most like me. I would be willing to participate in a rally in DC to protest what they're doing, but other than that I'm staying at home lol

I was actually considering Japan, but only if there exists such a thing as a naturally redheaded Japanese girl lol.

I consider Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan(but damn Tsunami's and Hurricane's SUCK) and even New Zealand if that Internet based party gets somewhere, but man.. it is hard looking in to Canada to become a citizen as a U.S. citizen, I mean damn.  Canadian's got some good immigration in place, like -really- good immigration.  I love you Canada.  Have me as your new found child.

So basically. 

They've restricted movement for many (S**t infrastructure)

Now they are thinking about ID cards.

Then come the curfews

*Cough*Stalin*Cough*

Can't be Stalin without the collectivization of agriculture, though. Nor without the Terror.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Are you really comparing an insurgency in the middle east to an insurgency that would happen in America? LOL. First of all, lets just forget the fact that there is a huge distance between transporting troops and equipment to the middle east versus just using them here at home, and lets forget the fact the the military knows the terrain and locations of EVERYTHING here in mainland america. 

The guys fighting in the middle east live completely differently to how people in America do. They have skills that allow them to live in the middle of the desert. They also are so completely brainwashed with religious doctrine that they don't give a fuck if they live or die. They live without electricity or modern amenities. In short, they are tougher then your average american. Heck, even with all that they still take huge casualties, lose every engagement and have to wait for our troops to pull out before they act. 

You can pretend a bunch of Americans could take on the government with guns, but you'd be kidding yourself. Soon as the electricity gets cut most people are going to give up. All the food in your fridge goes, you have no light, etc. I sat for 3 days in the dark after hurricane sandy. It was fucking hell, you don't realize it until its gone, but there is NOTHING to do without electricity(especially considering you cant go outside because you know, flash flooding and storms/government troops trying to kill you). 

As for troops and their own families, the troops wouldn't be killing their own families. You think the top brass is going to be dumb enough to send infantry into the places they come from? 

You also make the mistake of thinking the entire civilian population is going to rise up against the government over this. Witch is also pretty hilarious. 

Conceal your intentions

Can't be Stalin without the collectivization of agriculture, though. Nor without the Terror.

It was just a slightly adapted joke from Jeremy Clarkson^^

Don't read too much into it  ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So...the US wants to make the internet to be accessed only with an ID?

What about the rest of the world?The internet is a kind of a global thing.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Don't forget the thought crime, encouraging people to rat on their neighbors, a politburo (or bureau to monitor for "hate speech"), and working 20 million people to death in gulags lol

If you haven't noticed, the US government is kind of a trend setter for other governments. Sad fact I'm afraid.

Most of us already have online IDs in the form of Google or Facebook.

If security is actually done right, and responses to fraudulent identities are handled properly, I don't see the problem with a single, universal, online ID.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

If security is actually done right, and responses to fraudulent identities are handled properly, I don't see the problem with a single, universal, online ID.

The problem is with it being tied to your actual identity, and having the government being able to more easily monitor every single last thing you say, that's a fuckload of power, and I for one don't think they will be able to resist abusing it. I do see the advantages of it, but I also see a huge area for problems.

Not to mention, it's the government, they do everything upside down and backwards, the data will get compromised, it will get stolen, then someone has access to EVERYTHING you do online.

Not like that...actual online IDs linked to actual personal IDs.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You really shouldn't post Onion News as real news. You almost made me think the US government is full of morons.

You really shouldn't post Onion News as real news. You almost made me think the US government is full of morons.

Onion or no Onion, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves lol ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The title of this article is very misleading - the aim of the project is not to restrict internet access to only those who have signed up to the ID - it's to allow users to have a single government-issued login to access multiple sites - Government sites like healthcare at first, then they appear to be aiming to roll it out to 3rd party sites after that. source (same as cited in OP).

a single, secure online ID that Americans could use to verify their identity across multiple websites, starting with local government services.

However, if the story indicated by the headline was shown to be the truth, that would be a legitimate and serious reason to leave or avoid the country associated with the law. The reason the Internet is so powerful and such a useful resource is that it allows people to speak with anonymity and with the ability to avoid being traced by governments if required. Granted, this also leads to the internet's downsides, but all in all it's better to allow anonymity than censor it. It is one of the last mediums left where anonymity is possible after all.

HTTP/2 203

The title of this article is very misleading - the aim of the project is not to restrict internet access to only those who have signed up to the ID - it's to allow users to have a single government-issued login to access multiple sites - Government sites like healthcare at first, then they appear to be aiming to roll it out to 3rd party sites after that. source (same as cited in OP).

Yes, I noticed that as well, after I posted the first time.

We really need to get some form of down voting for these threads, cos this title is clearly created to just get views. The original poster should get voted down because of this, it's almost as bad as Fox N€w$ and is that really what we want?

EDIT: fuck you, stupid tablet touch keyboard BS.

Yes, I noticed that as well, after I posted the first time.

We really need to get some form of down voting for these threads, cos this title is clearly created to just get views. The original poster should get voted down because of this, it's almost as bad as Fox N€w$ and is that really what we want?

We're not having a downvote/dislike function added to the forum.

HTTP/2 203

Lol, it's almost like you have been asked that before...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro