Government starts testing a Program in which a user must have License (Internet ID) to access the Internet

Fulgrim

Wah? No.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Well this reminds me of Ender's Game where everyone had their own identity on the internet. Guess this removes the anonymity of the internet.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

O yay more invasion to our privacy 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I feel sick... I WANT OUT of this planet!

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

I consider Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan(but damn Tsunami's and Hurricane's SUCK) and even New Zealand if that Internet based party gets somewhere, but man.. it is hard looking in to Canada to become a citizen as a U.S. citizen, I mean damn.  Canadian's got some good immigration in place, like -really- good immigration.  I love you Canada.  Have me as your new found child.

Australia was also good for that until Abbott got into power :angry: :angry: :angry: (I'll spare you the never ending rant  ) :angry: :angry: :angry:

At least ISP's like iiNet have been fighting against them.

"Police say “If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn’t be worried”. Personally I think that if you follow that dubious logic, we’d all be walking around naked. It’s not about being worried, or wanting to ‘hide’ anything. It’s about the right to decide what you keep private and what you allow to be shared. YOU should be the one to make that call, and that decision should stick until a warrant or something similar is issued to law enforcement agencies to seize your information."

Just WOW! Why did they spend sooo much money on a joke of a scheme when the government is always complaining about how they have a budget deficit.

That is interesting... Hopefully it doesn't really take off or at least on to the Internet as a whole...

But I find it childish to think that some of you "It's Obama's fault" people are like that this way...

He probably has no involvement... It's probably the NSA that wants something like that so... Which party started the NSA? and which party decided to fund the NSA even further?

Republicans... 

Not to further push on a political debate, but now-a-days the differences between most Democrats and Republicans in America is who lines the pockets of each party.  The differences between the two are negligible at this point in time as both live solely to keep someone in office to further not their needs alone but the needs of those who fund them to get in to office.    The Repub's may've created the NSA, but the NSA at this point in time - is practically it's own separate entity from the Government as it watches not only us but the politicians who govern us.  It's like all ideas of Human history - someone intends for something to be good, like Religion, a civil society, etc and then one person comes up and says, "We could do this another way.." and twists something in to a newfound entity that is so far off from it's original purpose people lose sight of what it really was to begin with.  *BREATHES*   

That is interesting... Hopefully it doesn't really take off or at least on to the Internet as a whole...

But I find it childish to think that some of you "It's Obama's fault" people are like that this way...

He probably has no involvement... It's probably the NSA that wants something like that so... Which party started the NSA? and which party decided to fund the NSA even further?

Republicans...

It doesn't really matter who started the NSA back in 1950s. Pretty much every country have their own intelligence and counterintelligence agency from WWII to this date. :)

While I don't agree with them spying on innocent people (waste of resources), they do have far more serious role in the US security.

Source:

My great grandfather was one of the founders of Yugoslav counterintelligence agency within Yugoslav peoples army back in 1943. My grandfather was one of the operatives in that same agency. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Can someone already fix the title, this still has nothing to do with internet access.

Australia was also good for that until Abbott got into power :angry: :angry: :angry: (I'll spare you the never ending rant  ) :angry: :angry: :angry:

At least ISP's like IInet have been fighting against them.

Oh please. people need to stop jumping on the abbot hate wagon, the internet and free media has been doomed under all governments.  Remember Julia Gillard wanted a mandatory internet filter (Just about every evil that can befall the internet has been proposed and supported by both parties and some point).   The problem is not the PM, but Australian governance as a whole.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh please. people need to stop jumping on the abbot hate wagon, the internet and free media has been doomed under all governments.  Remember Julia Gillard wanted a mandatory internet filter (Just about every evil that can befall the internet has been proposed and supported by both parties and some point).   The problem is not the PM, but Australian governance as a whole.

The mandatory filter was struck down, like the filthy beast it was, the entire country hated it....well most of the country. But all of these mandatory data retention schemes and filters and anti-piracy measures, I'm genuinely not sure if the Gumbyment actually knows how the internet and technology works or if they just don't give a damn.

STOP MESSING WITH THE INTERNET FFS

They aren't. You and mostly everybody in this thread bought into the OP's sensationalized title and assumptions. Most of the articles referenced are also sensationalizing. If you look a page or two back, I break down what this is actually for. 

People are just jumping on the bandwagon because the wool has been pulled over their eyes.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

The mandatory filter was struck down, like the filthy beast it was, the entire country hated it....well most of the country. But all of these mandatory data retention schemes and filters and anti-piracy measures, I'm genuinely not sure if the Gumbyment actually knows how the internet and technology works or if they just don't give a damn.

It was struck down, my point was all PMs have bad policies which they generally take on advice, meaning while abbots mostly a walking publicity guff, he's not necessarily worse than any other PM we've had.

As far as the internet and the government goes, I don't think they care exactly what the the internet is, because they know enough to know that if they can't control it then they lose power. Information is power, and the internet is unfettered information. both good and bad.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

and see this is how governments waste our money.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Governments, stop fucking with the internet. Its fine as is. Just tell the ISP to get off their lazy asses and give us more bandwidth

• 5 months later...

Just a thought, Where are the electronic components we use manufactured, ?

Mostly china right, So China propbaly already has everything they want to know about you !