Assassin's Creed: Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One *update*

Update:

Ubisoft has said there is still a chance that the final specs for Assassin's Creed Unity could go beyond 900p.

"Final specs for Assassin’s Creed Unity aren’t cemented yet, but we can say we showed Assassin’s Creed Unity at 900p during our hands-on preview event last week," a spokesperson for the publisher told GameSpot.

"We’re confident that gamers will be thrilled with the gorgeous graphics and how Paris is brought to life in Assassin’s Creed Unity."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-denies-it-lowered-ps4-specs-on-assassins-c/1100-6422784/

Original:

Ubisoft does it again. Now they do it with Assassin's Creed where they hold back the PS4 to have parity.

Assassin's Creed Unity will run at 900p/30fps on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Ubisoft has confirmed, with the publisher opting to aim for platform parity to avoid discussion over the differences in performance.

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," senior producer Vincent Pontbriand told VideoGamer.com while explaining that it's the consoles' CPUs – not the GPU – that prevents Ubisoft Montreal from improving the game's performance.

"Technically we're CPU-bound," he said. "The GPUs are really powerful, obviously the graphics look pretty good, but it's the CPU [that] has to process the AI, the number of NPCs we have on screen, all these systems running in parallel.

"We were quickly bottlenecked by that and it was a bit frustrating, because we thought that this was going to be a tenfold improvement over everything AI-wise, and we realised it was going to be pretty hard. It's not the number of polygons that affect the framerate. We could be running at 100fps if it was just graphics, but because of AI, we're still limited to 30 frames per second."

Last year's Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag also shipped at 900p/30fps on both PS4 and Xbox One. A post-release patch, however, bumped the PS4 version to 1080p. Ubisoft has given no indication that it has plans to do the same for Unity.

Assassin's Creed Unity launches on PS4, Xbox One and PC on November 14.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907457

Bonus:

giphy.gif

BzR1WyvIAAATKWC.jpg

Well I think we have all come to the understanding that 900 is the new 720.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Sounds like my old i3 isn't going to cut it.

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;) in my sig you can find links to the CoC and the forum's F.A.Q. check them out!

Also, I'm not surprised ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

with an i3, and a 270, i think you will be able to run it at medium 1080p without AA

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Ahh peasantry... How long is the planned life span of these supposed ''next gen consoles'' again?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

(Insert game name here) runs at 900p/30fps on xbox one. Microsoft must be in the pockets of ubisoft to make to xb1 look less crap.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm more sceptical about the reasons they gave for the lowered framerate than the fact that they wanted parity between the XB1 and the PS4. Destiny did 1080p30 on both as well. The difference in terms of performance between the consoles seem fairly minor, especially now that the kinect is gone.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Damn y'all are quick, Totalbiscuit literally just tweeted this

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Don't believe their bs, the gpus on the current consoles suck hard. And an i3 is faster than the cpus on both consoles.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Its fine, I guess AMD won't pull their fingers out and get us drivers for the first 3 weeks of release like they did with AC:BF..... :( no eyefinity/CrossfireX profiles for us :(

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Way to go Ubisoft! You are getting worst by the month- "it's not us! it's the consoles! uh... uh... uuuuh... parity!!! it's all about parity!".

Excuses for poor game development.

Now I sit patiently awaiting the news of a gimped pc version for "parity".

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Way to go Ubisoft! You are getting worst by the month- "it's not us! it's the consoles!".

Excuses for a poor game development.

To be honest that's the most believable excuse they've pulled in the last year... the consoles ARE crap. It's funny though that just a couple of months ago they tried to deny that by claiming that far cry 4 would run at ultra on those (which is either a huge lie, or admitting that fc4 looks like arse).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

To be honest that's the most honest believable excuse they've pulled in the last year... the consoles ARE crap. It's funny though that just a couple of months ago they tried to deny that by claiming that far cry 4 would run at ultra on those (which is either a huge lie, or admitting that fc4 looks like arse).

Well it could be the "ultra" settings in FC4, that would be considered low in any normal game.

It is possible to have GPUs do computing other than polygon rendering. GPUs can help out the CPU, but in the case of consoles, their GPU is crap.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This is a sad age for vidya juegos.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Even developers agree that console potatoes are underpowered(and in this case, bottlenecked).

How terrible.

At least now people will be more aware that AMD's "MOAR CORES" thing is a joke.

Make_more_cores.jpg

Ubisoft does it again. Now they do it with Assassin's Creed where they hold back the PS4 to have parity.

This time it's actually NOT their fault...

Xbox one and PS4 both have seriously underpowered cpu which is the bottleneck here(at least for PS4).

It's console potatoes' fault for not having balanced hardware(or relying on "moar cores" too much).

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Way to go Ubisoft! You are getting worst by the month- "it's not us! it's the consoles! uh... uh... uuuuh... parity!!! it's all about parity!".

Excuses for poor game development.

FALSEish. There is only so much a dev can do with given hardware... especially when its new hardware, new APIs and new compilers. AND on top of that, the hardware is underpowered and/or badly configured (seriously, who thought it would be good to give CPU GDDR5 ....

Now I sit patiently awaiting the news of a gimped pc version for "parity".

I really hope they dont go that way...

also the mandatory gif that was not spotted yet

Q3OjVSu.gif

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

900P to console plebians: The new UQHD

30 FPS to console plebians: You can't even see past 24 FPS anyways so it's beautiful.

900P to PCMasterRace: WTF is this? I can't even read the dialogue...

30 FPS to PCMasterRace: This is unplayable... How can you stand this?

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

To be honest that's the most honest believable excuse they've pulled in the last year... the consoles ARE crap. It's funny though that just a couple of months ago they tried to deny that by claiming that far cry 4 would run at ultra on those (which is either a huge lie, or admitting that fc4 looks like arse).

I can only wonder the amazing AI work that is coming in this game that has them saying that they have to lock the game to 900P and 30FPS! If it's on the line of Watch_Dogs and other AC games, then damn they must have put the NPCs mining bitcoins while you are around them, talking and fighting.

The consoles are crap in the PC context. You can also say that any tablet is a piece of crap if you compare it to pcs - yet it doesn't stop them to be a huge market for game development.

In the console context and media entertainment they are pretty good - way better then the previous generation - and if companys are making games for consoles then they should try to make the best out of it. If you want to take lessons on that look at some tittles that are coming for PS4 and look at the potential that companys like Naughty Dogs and Rockstar have to make amazing games for that platform - I doubt any of them will say "ooh... because of parity and CPU bottlenecks we will lock this and that".

The problem is that Ubisoft is just dumping the biggest ammount of games on the biggest amount of platforms they can. Period. 

They have a line of production of repetitive gamestyles, that follow the same formula. The consistently deliver unfinished and unpolished games with a side dish of excuses and bullshit.

They are just dumping crap.

The CPU being a bottleneck doesn't explain why they can't run at native 1080p. I might have bought one of the two consoles if they'd run at 1080p. I'd even sacrifice some graphical effects as long as the game wouldn't look blurry as hell because of upscaling. :(