To anyone who tried Microsoft Windows 10, Post your reviews here.

As the title suggest , Post your reviews rants & Comparison to previous version & how you felt about the OS right here,

it will be helpful for many other members in here as well, Please try not to leave like a single word or a sentence description (although you're always welcomed to) please make it elaborate & leave a score on 10 at the end if possible..

Those who don't want to write an extensive descriptive review copy/paste & change the scores according to what you felt like it deserved

Ease of use:  10/10

User inteface:10/10

Compared to previous version 10/10

Multitasking : 10/10

file explorer:10/10

New Apps:10/10

Style:10/10

Overall score: 100/100

PS(in other new) : Prince is releasing a new album

Details separate people.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

was that a troll or that your actual score :P

Details separate people.

was that a troll or that your actual score :P

Both? It's that good except task view doesn't have animations which sucks.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

i r8 8/8 m8

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Lack of aesthetic customizability. :(

Overall almost equivalent to windows 7..

how's the boot time? shorter by any chance or the same?

Details separate people.

It depends. For me I'm running 2 SSDs in RAID 0, and since windows has to load the raid driver everytime on startup it is pretty much the same time for me for 8 -14 seconds. Mostly because restarting takes RAID systems longer. So I would suspect no difference in boot speed.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

User interface: 9/10

Multitasking : 9/10

New Apps:8/10

Style:9/10

Overall score: 92/100

Extra notes: Would like to see the new "metro style" icons applied to all apps and shell icons, want to see different icons.

As the title suggest , Post your reviews rants & Comparison to previous version & how you felt about the OS right here,

it will be helpful for many other members in here as well, Please try not to leave like a single word or a sentence description (although you're always welcomed to) please make it elaborate & leave a score on 10 at the end if possible..

Those who don't want to write an extensive descriptive review copy/paste & change the scores according to what you felt like it deserved

PS(in other new) : Prince is releasing a new album

does it include that Metro UI?

This is my desktop. Wish I could get rid of that search app that's taking the space on my task bar and having windows key + tab as making the shortcut for the task switch function is redundant:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxEYcHnkiAKOQS1qWXBwYXMtWUU/edit

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

The metro apps implemented in the start menu are pretty bad, but other than that, its just windows 8 with a start menu instead of the charms bar.

I kinda miss the tab from the right, but i'll be able to live without it.

so uh.... 9.9/10

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I was originally using Windows 7 which was my daily driver since I got this computer. I don't know about everyone else, but I was surprised at just how stable this "beta" version is. It doesn't feel very "beta"-y to me.

I was able to carry over all of my settings and files from Windows 7, which is AWESOME, I don't have to deal with all that crap. my display drivers have worked flawlessly for me. Just ran Unigine Valley and got a very tangible raise in average framerates, which is excellent. Boot time went down from 23 seconds in Windows 7 to 13.5 seconds in Windows 10. Only in beta and it nearly cut my already decent boot times in half. The new start menu is nice, I like how they let you get rid of all the tiles if you so choose (I still think the tile thing is a load of BS.) It's zippy, snappy, I've not had any driver issues or... frankly any real issues at all. Paint Tool SAI is acting up a little bit, but I suspect that has more to do with a Permissions issue from when I migrated to 10. Other than that, everything works, for me at least. I have only used it as my main OS for half a day, so things may pop up later. But so far, very impressed. It's the Windows 8 Windows 8 should have been. Scaling is now fixed, which will please people with OP monitors.

Flash player works as well. I don't know about anyone else, but apart from a new UI, it feels just like a newer, quicker Windows 7. That's what I liked about 7 and XP. They didn't complain as much as the others, they didn't whinge and moan and tell you to do all this stuff in that condescending Microsoft way (at least, not as much as they did with Vista and 8.)
Overall, it's not so much how impressed I am with what they've turned it into, it's more how impressed I am that they have stuck to their 7xp guns and done a proper job. They've done well enough that adjusting to it from 7 was easy at worst and mildly pleasant at best.

AIMP works as well, which is another bonus. They're bringing back Shadow Copy as well (Yusssssss...)

The biggest issue I've had so far is that it seems to be draining more battery than 7 did (I could get 8 hour predictions on 7) but that's to be expected seeing as it needs to be optimized first. But that's not a problem right now as I don't take my laptop very many places, it's usually always plugged in at home.

I'm pleased at the moment. If they make this a free upgrade, they might actually survive the onslaught of Linux for another release... not counting on it, though.

I was originally using Windows 7 which was my daily driver since I got this computer. I don't know about everyone else, but I was surprised at just how stable this "beta" version is. It doesn't feel very "beta"-y to me.

I was able to carry over all of my settings and files from Windows 7, which is AWESOME, I don't have to deal with all that crap. my display drivers have worked flawlessly for me. Just ran Unigine Valley and got a very tangible raise in average framerates, which is excellent. Boot time went down from 23 seconds in Windows 7 to 13.5 seconds in Windows 10. Only in beta and it nearly cut my already decent boot times in half. The new start menu is nice, I like how they let you get rid of all the tiles if you so choose (I still think the tile thing is a load of BS.) It's zippy, snappy, I've not had any driver issues or... frankly any real issues at all. Paint Tool SAI is acting up a little bit, but I suspect that has more to do with a Permissions issue from when I migrated to 10. Other than that, everything works, for me at least. I have only used it as my main OS for half a day, so things may pop up later. But so far, very impressed. It's the Windows 8 Windows 8 should have been. Scaling is now fixed, which will please people with OP monitors.

Flash player works as well. I don't know about anyone else, but apart from a new UI, it feels just like a newer, quicker Windows 7. That's what I liked about 7 and XP. They didn't complain as much as the others, they didn't whinge and moan and tell you to do all this stuff in that condescending Microsoft way (at least, not as much as they did with Vista and 8.)

Overall, it's not so much how impressed I am with what they've turned it into, it's more how impressed I am that they have stuck to their 7xp guns and done a proper job. They've done well enough that adjusting to it from 7 was easy at worst and mildly pleasant at best.

AIMP works as well, which is another bonus. They're bringing back Shadow Copy as well (Yusssssss...)

The biggest issue I've had so far is that it seems to be draining more battery than 7 did (I could get 8 hour predictions on 7) but that's to be expected seeing as it needs to be optimized first. But that's not a problem right now as I don't take my laptop very many places, it's usually always plugged in at home.

I'm pleased at the moment. If they make this a free upgrade, they might actually survive the onslaught of Linux for another release... not counting on it, though.

Thank you , that's what i was looking for...

Details separate people.

I hate the boot screen when you have dual OS... Absolutely hated it in windows 8, still hate it in 10

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

I am considering doing a full review, but for now I leave you with the simple list.

Ease of use:  7/10
User inteface:6/10
Compared to previous version 2/10
Multitasking : 5/10
file explorer:9/10
New Apps:0/10 (I don't necessarily care)
Style:7/10

Overall score: 51/100

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

87/100

Ease of use 8/10

UI 9/10

Compared to previous versions 3/10

Multitasking 6/10 (copied gnome and os x)

File explorer 8/10

New apps 1/10 (had to useicro account for Skype)

Style 6/10

Steve

Edit: Paint Tool SAI works again. I set it to run it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista and it works like a charm. So, really happy with that.

Right now it's just 8.1 with a skin... so, whatever your 8.1 boot times are...

Mine are 17 seconds through a virtual machine so.....

W8.1 on my laptop with SSD takes 5 seconds, 14 seconds on the desktop on a 7200 RPM HDD. Pretty fast I must say. Windows 7 (which I have on a separate HDD on my desktop) takes 38 seconds. So there's an obvious performance gain.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Have they announced how the surface line will work in regards to Windows 10? Will it stay with metro/desktop like it currently does.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I've had a few stability issues. One, right clicking on the taskbars built in icons (search and multi-desktops thing) freezes the whole OS OR it makes it so that you can't left-click out of the box that comes up and you have to press the Windows key. No big deal, but it's annoying.

Elsewhere, I think the search on the taskbar is SO STUPID and the multiple desktops are FREAKIN AWESOME and the start menu is PRETTY MUCH TO BE EXPECTED. Not much else to say, it's a beta after all. But it is pretty stable, I just have to figure out why 64 bit versions of the OS aren't working.... 32 bit works in VM though.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Have they announced how the surface line will work in regards to Windows 10? Will it stay with metro/desktop like it currently does.

as far as we know there will be a GUI update somewhere down the line. There is not going to be an RT version (at least not for the Beta) but on Surfaces and any tablet running a full Windows OS, it should be fine.