Russian company trying to get copyrights to 97% of all media created by man

TAK

Hmmmm... Wanna start a kickstarter to get a patent for 98% of media created by man, before they get their thing? 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I think this proves what I think of russia. No offense to normal russians, but there is no other country that as much shit happens in as in russia. (no I'm not a racist)

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

There's no way this would hold up in a court of law... hopefully.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Just shows how corrupt government and laws in this world are. How is this BS even legal?

EDIT: This is on their About page... I don't even know what to say any more. I'm probably infringing on their copyrighted text with this very post.

If you are planning to publish any text in these languages we must inform you that the chances are almost 100% that they are already part of the copyrighted inventory of the Qentis Corporation and that you are about to violate these and you will be  held responsible for this.

In Russia...the content sues you!

I'm wondering how they're going to make music.Ahahaha.It will take more than forever.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

“Interesting, and complete bullshit”

This quote from the article pretty much sums it up.

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" —Samantha Carter

I think this proves what I think of russia.

Really? Cause making computers brute force all possible creative content to copyright it seems like a quintessentially American idea.

There are people in Hollywood and major American record labels right now creating a thunderous noise by hitting themselves on the forehead for not thinking of this earlier.

Now only if WD, samsung and all the other storage device manufacturers decline from selling to them, they wouldn't have any way of storing the content they created, and thus wouldn't be able to prove anything... I wonder if they could.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Really? Cause making computers brute force all possible creative content to copyright it seems like a quintessentially American idea.

There are people in Hollywood and major American record labels right now creating a thunderous noise by hitting themselves on the forehead for not thinking of this earlier.

Aren't they developing a quantum computer for this? JK

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Lol, this has got to be one of the more hilarious copyright

pranks I've yet come across.

It's also funny that despite claiming to be based in Russia

and China, they pretty much only reference US-centric media

snippets (Obama's inauguration speech, a statement by Maria

A. Pallante before the subcommittee on intellectual property,

a Song by Lady Gaga) on their website.

They also link to the White House. So this seems much more

US-centric than Russian to me.

In any case, if you read through the guidelines on what can be

copyrighted on the US copyright office's website, I don't see

how anyone can consider this anything else but an attempt at

trolling. Section 306 clearly states:

The U.S. Copyright Office will register an original work of

authorship, provided that the work was created by a human

being.

The copyright law only protects "the fruits of intellectual

labor" that are "founded in the creative powers of the mind".

etc.

(source, pdf)

This will likely be very similar in most countries, since

there are international treaties on copyright and all that.

So yeah, I don't think it's very likely that this is a Russian

plot to take over the world.

Also, the amount of data this would create would far exceed

what we can actually store today. Let's take their claim on

texts up to and including 400 words in English.

According to this site, the English language currently has

roughly one million words.

So, if you create completely random text based on 400 words,

well here's the calculations:

number of possible texts of 400 words in length based on avocabulary of 1,000,000 words:1,000,000^400 = 10^2400 (that's a 1 followed by 2400 zeroes...)Let's assume an average word length of five characters, withone space between each word, so six chars per word, and let'salso assume one byte per character, that would give us thetotal number of bytes as:10^2400 texts * 400 words/text * 6 bytes/word = 2.4 * 10^2403 bytes
Now, text is compressible, redundant text is very compressible,

so let's just say they're able to compress that data down to

1% of its original size, which would divide the above amount

of bytes by 100:

Total number of bytes required: 2.4*10^2401

So, assuming you're using 4 TB drives, how many HDDs is that?

(2.4*10^2401 bytes) / (4*10^12 bytes/HDD) = 6*10^2388 HDDs
Total number of HDDs manufactured per year: A few millions

last I checked.

Alternatively, courtesy of @MG2R, the compression ratio required

to fit all of this into one Petabyte (10^15 bytes):

10^15/(2.4*10^2403) = 4.167 * 10^(-2389)
So, to put it differently, if they really have managed to pull

this off, they just need to sell their compression technology

and they'll be the richtest people ever.

Now, they don't claim to have actually stored all of this,

just the meaningful ones (however that is determined...), so

let's look at a different metric: Data processing rate.

Let's assume they have been this for five years, then the

average data processing rate would be

(2.4*10^2403 bytes) / (5*365*24*3600 seconds) ~= 2.1*10^2395 bytes/second
Now, sure, this is all rough estimates blablabla, but even if

I'm off by a factor or 1 million, it's still completely ridiculous

from what I can see.

And that's not taking into account that this is just for English,

they also claim to be doing other languages, and images as well,

so no matter how you look at this, I don't see any way in which

this can be even remotely believable.

PS: Disclaimer: Calculative errors reserved. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I think this article will turn out to be prank or something. Like that thing about 4chan was also a fake but not only it was fake it was fake within a fake and all that meta bullshit kids are into these days.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Not your everyday troll, this is an evolved troll, one that as surpasses the others due to some sort of genetic mutation of some sorts, this is the future..............of trolling

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My best bet is that these guys are actually trying to raise awareness to the problem of copyright trolls.

Yeah, either that or it's a really elaborate hoax by some very

bored people, or they're just banking on being able to extort

people because they're not knowledgeable enough.

But it's absolutely obvious that this would never hold up in

court.

I think this article will turn out to be prank or something. Like that thing about 4chan was also a fake but not only it was fake it was fake within a fake and all that meta bullshit kids are into these days.

It's not real.

I had a different idea: How much information can the observable

universe store? I have found a few sources, and I can't say to

understand any of them, but it seems to be roughtly 10^100 bits

(or bytes, doesn't really matter on that scale anyway).

See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(data)

http://www.researchgate.net/post/How_many_bits_of_information_can_be_contained_by_the_whole_universe]

So, asssuming that that is correct (and I admit I have no idea

of verifying that information as I'm not a cosmologist), what this

company claims to be able to do is just simply physically impossible,

period.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

So, asssuming that that is correct (and I admit I have no idea

of verifying that information as I'm not a cosmologist), what this

company claims to be able to do is just simply physically impossible,

period.

Unless, the compression technique thing :)

I think we should follow patent trolls and claim everything they do is patented and threaten to sue them.

Oh, you're having waffles for breakfast? Yeah I patented that ages ago. See you in court! FYI I also patented picking your nose.

Unless, the compression technique thing :)

#include<stdio.h>#include<magic.h>int main (int argc, char *argv[]){    if (argc == 2)    {        return magic(argv[1]);     }    else    {        return end_of_universe;    }}

I fail to understand exactly how they can copyright 98% of all media created. That just doesn't make sense, unless they're willing to pay EVERYONE for everything they've created.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm going to patent the process of creating an Idea! Hence my username! I own all ideas! Theory's, fads, random thoughts I would miss out on :(

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I fail to understand exactly how they can copyright 98% of all media created. That just doesn't make sense, unless they're willing to pay EVERYONE for everything they've created.

As said, it's not real, and the US copyright office clearly states

that works created by non-humans can't be copyrighted anyway

(see the pdf in my previous post).

And also, as laid out on previous posts, it's just not physically

possible to do what they're claiming to do, the amount of data

creation, processing and storing would break the laws of nature

as far as I can tell.

I doodled a cat face. It's copyright to me. Any Russians who view this owes me 1usd per view. I challenge you to overthrow my self imposed copyright. See you in court, Russian gov. ;o

3e1517871a8d6eada43971ad1be7a180.png

As said, it's not real, and the US copyright office clearly states

that works created by non-humans can't be copyrighted anyway

(see the pdf in my previous post).

And also, as laid out on previous posts, it's just not physically

possible to do what they're claiming to do, the amount of data

creation, processing and storing would break the laws of nature

as far as I can tell.

Oh, so basically it's some drunks running a company talking a load of piss

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I doodled a cat face. It's copyright to me. Any Russians who view this owes me 1usd per view. I challenge you to overthrow my self imposed copyright. See you in court, Russian gov. ;o

I love it how all the anti-copyright people don't understand how copyright works.

Any work you create is copyrighted. By posting it here you are publicizing it. You can't make people pay just for seeing it, they'd have to put it on their site or claim it was their own. 

Oh, so basically it's some drunks running a company talking a load of piss

No, they're sober. Just too stupid to realize that no one is going to take this seriously.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /