Games are crashing when opened. BSOD. Just upgraded PC

Recent upgraded my CPU, Motherboard and Ram. Everything was fine but today my games keep crashing when I load them. When I open Ark Survival Evolved and Fortnite, they crash and sometimes dont even get to the home screen. However games like BTD6 dont crash.

I have a 14900k with 48gb of T-Force 7200mhz RAM.

The BSOD errors I have gotten are:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

It seems to be a memory error but I did a Mem86 Test from my bios and it passed without any errors. I would appreciate any help. Thank 🙂

Here is a link to the memory dumps https://www.mediafire.com/folder/u42urkw2nct3n/BSOD

You may have recieved an unstable 14900k sample. There have been a lot of people with unstable high end Intel CPUs due to motherboard manufacturers exceeding Intel recommended specs. A BIOS update has been released by most motherboard manufacturers with an Intel Default profile for stability.

32 minutes ago, JoeQuartuccio said:

7200mhz RAM

This doesn't work on all 14900Ks, you might've gotten unlucky and have one that crashes at 7200. Disable XMP and see if the crashes continue, especially as those error codes are most commonly memory error codes. 

33 minutes ago, JoeQuartuccio said:

I did a Mem86 Test from my bios and it passed without any errors.

MemTest86 is pretty unreliable at picking up memory errors on 13/14th gen in my experience. I've seen some pretty unstable configurations (instant blue screen in some applications) pass MemTest86 with ease. Do something like Y-Cruncher or the TestMem5 1usmus_v3 preset and see if that errors, or just disable XMP and see if the errors continue.

If all of those come back fine though, then up the AC Loadline to something like 110 and enable CEP. Also, what motherboard and BIOS revision are you on? 

I would definitely update the BIOS to the newest version first. Then I would try with and without XMP enabled.

Secondly, is this a fresh OS install or did you just take your old drive and plug it into the new system? I would highly recommend a clean install of Win11 if that's the case. 

You only had two dump files? One looks like memory, one was BattlEye. Memory can look like random processes/drivers so it could also be related to the memory issue. We do see anticheats cause BSODs all the time though. 

You are already on the latest BIOS so go into the BIOS and enable the Intel Baseline Profile. In the BIOS, go to Advanced Mode → Extreme Tweaking and at the top you should see the profile.

If you still crash, try the memory at 5600MT/s or lower. 5600 is the highest Intel officially supports with that memory controller, any higher is overclocking. 

If you still crash, use the machine normally with one stick at a time. 

13 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I would definitely update the BIOS to the newest version first. Then I would try with and without XMP enabled.

Secondly, is this a fresh OS install or did you just take your old drive and plug it into the new system? I would highly recommend a clean install of Win11 if that's the case. 

I did a fresh install

13 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This doesn't work on all 14900Ks, you might've gotten unlucky and have one that crashes at 7200. Disable XMP and see if the crashes continue, especially as those error codes are most commonly memory error codes. 

MemTest86 is pretty unreliable at picking up memory errors on 13/14th gen in my experience. I've seen some pretty unstable configurations (instant blue screen in some applications) pass MemTest86 with ease. Do something like Y-Cruncher or the TestMem5 1usmus_v3 preset and see if that errors, or just disable XMP and see if the errors continue.

If all of those come back fine though, then up the AC Loadline to something like 110 and enable CEP. Also, what motherboard and BIOS revision are you on? 

I went through my motherboard manufacturer website who listed compatible ram's. And got one from that list. I tried without xmp and still crashed

3 minutes ago, JoeQuartuccio said:

I went through my motherboard manufacturer website who listed compatible ram's.

The QVL is not actually that reliable, there's plenty of kits on there that don't work at XMP. Motherboard manufacturers use top 1% CPUs in order to find the max memory speed, and on LGA 1700 where there's a massive difference between the best and worst CPUs for memory speed, you can end up with a CPU that won't even boot anywhere close to the rated speeds of the board. 

8 minutes ago, JoeQuartuccio said:

I tried without xmp and still crashed

Alright, so it's probably more 14th gen instability, though I'd still run a memory stress test at stock just to be sure. 

2 hours ago, JoeQuartuccio said:

I did a fresh install

Good, that should eliminate any software interference suspicions. Assuming you have everything updated completely, and all the correct corresponding software/drivers installed for your platform. Here are some recommended 14th Gen BIOS settings for stability:

Firstly, reset CMOS to start fresh. Then, any type of MCE ("MultiCore Enhancement") setting should be disabled (if your motherboard has these settings).

• Set SVID behavior to Typical Scenario or Trained (if you have this option).
  • Set short duration turbo power = 253.
  • Set long duration turbo power = 253.
  • Set max core/cache current or current limit = 307Amps.
  • Set Package Power Limit 1 = 253.
  • Set Package Power Limit 2 = 253.
  • Set a Fixed Core Clock by locking Performance Core Ratio to a fixed value or Sync ALL-Core Ratio between 5.5-5.7GHz.
  • 1.2-1.35v VCORE are starting values at these clocks (however, keep under 1.45v).
  • Play with Ring and Cache settings between 4.4-4.7 Ring/Cache
  • Set CPU E-Core L2 Voltage under 1.35V but above auto of 1.00-1.20V.

Also, you try:

• 288 on short duration and 288 PL1, with 253 on long duration and 253 on PL2 with the same 307Amps setting.

Make sure you use LLC3 or LLC4 (Load Line Calibration). Some additional alternate LLC settings:

• Load Line Spec (LLC) 1.100 mOhm (Standard or Normal).
  • DC LL 1.100 mOhm.
  • AC LL 1.100 mOhm.

Finally, memory stability settings (try both at XMP or slower speeds):

• At least 1.365V for DRAM VDD (Voltage for the DRAM Data Lines)
  • 1.365V DRAM VDDQ (Voltage for the DRAM Output Buffers)
  • 1.8V for DRAM VPP (Programming Voltage for EEPROM).
  • CPU VDDQ - make sure it's around 1.4V (but keep it under).
  • VCCSA or SA Voltage (System Agent) - between 1.110-1.120V is a good value to aim for (usually under 1.35-1.4v is common).
  • VCCIO - If available, increase this too, but in increments (keep under 1.4v).

The advice given by @BiG StroOnZ is correct, and addresses the root cause. There's been an issue with some motherboard manufacturers messing up Intel CPU defaults for the 12th Gen and newer K units.

Since you haven't shared what motherboard you're using, double check the most recent BIOS version published by the manufacturer, and see if adding "Intel Default Settings" is mentioned anywhere in the changelog. If so, flash it and use that profile - it will save you from having to do the CPU related manual steps outlined above. Among other things, this should set your amp/power limits to 307A / 253W respectively (verify that), which matches the CPU specs.