Taiwan 6.5 Magnitude Earthquake. Very Exciting...

LinusTech

No natural disasters here.

Interested in Business and Technology

We don't have natural disasters here in Denmark... ghe worst i have experienced was a smaller hurricane...

Remember the 2nd of july 2011? Rain, and lots of it

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

7.1 In Christchurch, New Zealand followed by about 12465 aftershocks (yes that is the correct number)

7.1 In Christchurch, New Zealand followed by about 12465 aftershocks (yes that is the correct number)

Live in Christchurch as well.

We must have had another since your post cause http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/ says 12466 quakes

Good to see the Red Zone is slowly reopening.

Remember the 2nd of july 2011? Rain, and lots of it

Yeah... Our basement got filled with water... We somehow managed to save most of our stuff... But i went straight into the room with our PC's and placed on a higher spot *pheew*... Summer in Denmark is retarded, i tell you people!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

funny story here in our place. 

had a 5 something magnitude earthquake last year. dunno who started it but they said people near the pier/ports made a joke of a tsunami. that was months after the devastation in japan happened. imagine the number of establishments left open coz people panicked and ran to the mountain areas. day after, news of many stolen stuff were the contents of the news.  :lol:

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

Hurricane Irene, flooded all of the coast of NC, destroyed everything, almost all of Stumpy Point was gone

I remember the morning the Karoo Ice Age hit. I was planning on taking a trip to the DMV to get my motorcycle license renewed. After eating breakfast and checking my email, I headed outside. Boy that was a shocker!! Fuckin' ice and snow everywhere. I usually get severe weather alerts on my iPhone, but the spreading of the polar caps must have knocked out my service. Once cell phone service get's knocked out, you know it probably a lost cause trying to anything done a work. So I stayed home for the next 100 million years playing Minecraft. When it was finally warm enough to go outside, I tried starting my car, but the increased Oxygen levels in the atmosphere must have fouled my spark plugs and the car wouldn't even turn over. I probably wouldn't have gotten far anyways since the wheel hadn't even been invented. I would have taken pics and posted them to facebook, but those hadn't been invented either.

The moral of the story is be grateful you only had to deal with a minor earth quake.

Nothing to bad has happened to me recently, i'm more worried about the gigantic trees falling on the house when it gets windy. And when it rains a little the whole street tends to flooded lol

EAvxmQJ.jpg

I live on the east coast and have hurricanes every year. 

I was in Chile, first time ever, visiting with my parents. My mom was worried about earthquakes but everyone told us we'll be fine. Well, 24 hours into the trip, we have an 8.3 magnitude earthquake. We were on the 9 floor, and my mother decided to make us run down all the stairs to the group floor.

Best part? When we got there, all the Chileans were acting like nothing happened and when asked about it they were just like "Happens all the time, no biggy". 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

i was on 2 earthquakes:

2001 June 23th (on my birthday) , Arequipa (Peru) was a 8.4 magnitude.

2007 August 15th , Ica (Peru) was a 7.9 magnitude

Northern Europe, pretty much nothing, just shyt weather at times. Worst that has happened was hail. lol

The only thing I can think of was a few years ago when we had about 175mm of dowpour over one day. I live in a city that isn't prone to floods at all, with an average pf 213 rainy days a year and with 84 days as the longest streak of consecutive days with rain, we're well suited to water from above.

But that day was just crazy, and the water masses led to a couple of land slides and some lives were lost :(

I live in New Zealand, we had a magnitude 7.1 in September 2010 and a 6.3 in February 2011.

That was a somewhat interesting experience, (it's my one too)

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I was in the tornado belt in the US a while back, and we had a tornado rip through the area.

Wow, I keep reading this thread and I keep thinking how it's nice to live in Europe, by the Adriatic sea, having this awesome Mediterranean climate. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

The only natural disaster I experienced was the Newcastle floods from last year. 6 Months of rain in 10 minutes or something stupid like that

I think I remember that on TV, pretty insane.

We had some flooding here but nowhere near that scale, Tesco also wasn't keen because they lost their carpark under 50cm of water which didn't look very bad but people was complaining about it.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It was insane I was stuck 6 Miles from my house because the busses stopped running before school finished so I had to walk to a friends which is half a mile from school then wait for my parents to pick me up

Buses stopped, why?

10 or more tonnes I'm sure they'd be fine, certainly better than a car at least.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Because the service was delayed and it was too dangerous to send out more because I seen pictures of the water being up to knee height on the bottom deck

Ohh so it was a little more than a puddle then lol

That is insane

I was playing COD one time and i felt my chair shaking. Turned on the TV NS wala, an earthquake has struck where i live.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>