AMD India Launches FirePro W8100 & W9100

Opcode

You're defining the FirePro release as not big.  Maybe to whoever tweeted the original #FutureisAMD thought it was. :P  Who knows.  Twitter is still only talking about the FirePro's.

I'm super happy about the new FirePros. Although I'm more interested in Maxwell Quadros. NVIDIA sorted out their OpenCL compute finally, and a Quadro might make it's way into the Mac Pro and other OpenCL Workstations  now. If NV prices them well, they can undercut the new FirePro cards, or at the same price and win those markets.

They'd have the best OpenGL, and finally OpenCL performance; never mind CUDA. :D

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Hehe, and the Firepro, much like Nvidia's Quadro, are the same chips as their mainstream lines, just binned higher. I don't see Fiji being a threat to the 980 with this poor of a showing.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They're doing worse than Nintendo is. :lol:

Let's not go that far. At least people know what these are.

Because every announcement has to be for Gaming enthusiasts..?

Do Gaming cards make them all their moneys?

/Expectations of Others in thread is a little warranted with the timing,... Nvidia's release just past but... but c'mon....who's to say AMD's answer to that isn't still very close and their keeping it close to their chest.

Actually, pretty much. Consumer cards account for over 70% of AMD's graphics revenue, and over 90% of their sales volume.

I'm super happy about the new FirePros. Although I'm more interested in Maxwell Quadros. NVIDIA sorted out their OpenCL compute finally, and a Quadro might make it's way into the Mac Pro and other OpenCL Workstations  now. If NV prices them well, they can undercut the new FirePro cards, or at the same price and win those markets.

They'd have the best OpenGL, and finally OpenCL performance; never mind CUDA. :D

Nvidia already owns the professional graphics card market ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Hehe, and the Firepro, much like Nvidia's Quadro, are the same chips as their mainstream lines, just binned higher. I don't see Fiji being a threat to the 980 with this poor of a showing.

I love how you're actually happy about less competition.

Didn't Roy from AND tag @ANDradeon and @NvidiaGeforce in his tweet about Winston Churchill and relishing competition?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Didn't Roy from AND tag @ANDradeon and @NvidiaGeforce in his tweet about Winston Churchill and relishing competition?

Then again it could be an interresting marketing move

That kinds backfired

this cant possibly be it...

amd...pls...pls no...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Just to be clear, these are Hawaii-based, right?

Yes and they are braaaaand spanking new, future of AMD!

W9100

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/firepro-w9100-performance,review-32953.html

Oh crap it was written in may

or the never seeeeeen or heard W8100!!!!!!!

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/firepro-w8100-workstation-graphics-card,review-33008.html

and it was written in 30 of july

AMD HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK YOU CAME UP WITH THE FUTURE OF AMD SLOGAN WITH 3 AND 6 MONTHS OLD CARDS????????????????????????????

Edit: forgot to mention R9 285

1 month old, it is okay I guess...

amds marketing team needs to get their act together, no one knew about this and im sure only a few people care but anyways HOLY CRAP 16gb ram

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm not happy about it, but the AMD fanboys can finally be shut up for a while. This is sad.

Just to be clear, these are Hawaii-based, right?

It's either Treasure Island or Fiji, and it's no better for compute than the 980. This mean's AMD's treasure Island cards won't be any better than Nvidia's except in games which use Mantle.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm not happy about it, but the AMD fanboys can finally be shut up for a while. This is sad.

It's either Treasure Island or Fiji, and it's no better for compute than the 980. This mean's AMD's treasure Island cards won't be any better than Nvidia's except in games which use Mantle.

They have the exact same names as the already released Hawaii Firepros. Are you positive that these are new chips, or are you just assuming that they are? AMD's naming scheme is bad, but I don't think it's so bad that they'd literally repeat names.

They have the exact same names as the already released Hawaii Firepros. Are you positive that these are new chips, or are you just assuming that they are? AMD's naming scheme is bad, but I don't think it's so bad that they'd literally repeat names.

Didn't you post the other day that chart from AMD showing Treasure Island, Fiji, and Hawaii together where Hawaii was like 4224 cores or something? It was yesterday I think.

Didn't you post the other day that chart from AMD showing Treasure Island, Fiji, and Hawaii together where Hawaii was like 4224 cores or something? It was yesterday I think.

I wasn't the one who posted that. Also, Hawaii is the R9 290/290X chip. I saw another article about today's "announcements," and the R9 285 was included in them. Either this even was announcing India launches, or AMD is drunk. I think AMD was trying to get some hype to counter Maxwell, but since they don't have anything ready, they made a big deal out of cards already available in most of the world.

I wasn't the one who posted that. Also, Hawaii is the R9 290/290X chip. I saw another article about today's "announcements," and the R9 285 was included in them. Either this even was announcing India launches, or AMD is drunk. I think AMD was trying to get some hype to counter Maxwell, but since they don't have anything ready, they made a big deal out of cards already available in most of the world.

But isn't Hawaii technically only 60% of its fully-planned spec right now? I thought AMD planned to do a 20nm refresh of it to get all the core counts out of it.

But isn't Hawaii technically only 60% of its fully-planned spec right now? I thought AMD planned to do a 20nm refresh of it to get all the core counts out of it.

Pretty sure it's just a rumor at this point. Either way, these are definitely the same cards that launched months ago. This event was just announcing their release in India.

Pretty sure it's just a rumor at this point. Either way, these are definitely the same cards that launched months ago. This event was just announcing their release in India.

Fair enough. Still hoping AMD does something that makes we want to invest in them. Intel's not growing anymore at a rate competitive with inflation.

It's 4:50am on the east coast in the US. Relax. 

I think it's the 26th everywhere in the world by now.  Did AMD USA announce anything?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Because every announcement has to be for Gaming enthusiasts..?

Do Gaming cards make them all their moneys?

/Expectations of Others in thread is a little warranted with the timing,... Nvidia's release just past but... but c'mon....who's to say AMD's answer to that isn't still very close and their keeping it close to their chest.

I am. Sorry, but there will be no 300 series or anything that competes with 970 or 980 until 20nm. AMD had heat issues to such an extent last time that tech sites recommended that people didn't buy them until non reference cooling came availaible....They had to put an AIO on 295....

There is no way I can see them doing anything more with 28nm....sorry, but Nvidia has the power consumption and heat advantage right now, and anything that would compete with 970 and 980 would be too hot.

They will bring something big some time during 2015...

Lol this isn't the announcement they were talking about. Lrn2readcalendar.

Yes it is. It was AMDIndia all the time.

AMD is an American based company. Any releases they would put out would be done in an American timezone. 

And the hype tweets were from AMDindia.

It's a release that nobody cares about. There will be an announcement later today. Maybe it will be exciting, maybe it wont. Point is, this wasn't the release they built hype up for and it's obvious.  It doesn't surprise me that members on the LTT forum got confused thinking that was the release AMD was making. 

I never said they would be. They have a big announcement planned for today. Could be gpu's could be apu's could be their new SSD's or memory. We won't know till later. 

Uh, because today is the 25th and AMD said they had a big announcement on the 25th? I don't understand why this is so hard. 

Yeah, you really made people look stupid

nobody is happy. But this was terribly handled by amd...again!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Yep, AMD failed me. My next build will be intel/nvidia. I'm tired of being let down. :(

I was secretly hoping for no launch cos then I would not regret buying the 970 xD  If AMD did launch a competing card, the prices probably would have dropped and caused me buyer's remorse :P  AMD trolled us all ):

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

looking back at the twitter pics and posts amd posted, it was heavily implied that it was going to be firepro card line. Hopefully they will announce the R 300 series somewhere in the next few months or early next year

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

looking back at the twitter pics and posts amd posted, it was heavily implied that it was going to be firepro card line. Hopefully they will announce the R 300 series somewhere in the next few months or early next year

Elaborate.