Keychron K4 Pro

Go to solution Solved by tomatensaftliebhaber027,
14 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Keychron's website has them with K Pro Blue switches.

Otherwise, if you have a bit of time and don't mind the work, the K4 Pro has hotswap sockets. You could just buy blue/clicky switches of your liking and exchange whatever switches are in the one you found.

Yes, thanks a lot, but I need the German layout. I will probably just replace the switches with Gateron Blues. 

I love the design of the Keychron K4 Pro but I want to have it with blue tactile and clicky switches. I could only find ones with red and brown switches. Does anyone know where I can get the k4 with blue switches? 

Otherwise, if you have a bit of time and don't mind the work, the K4 Pro has hotswap sockets. You could just buy blue/clicky switches of your liking and exchange whatever switches are in the one you found.

14 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Yes, thanks a lot, but I need the German layout. I will probably just replace the switches with Gateron Blues. 

23 minutes ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

Is there anything special about German keyboard?

If you know what each key does, you can use any layout.

If you use German layout in OS, the keyboard should use German key layout.

Same if I use quertz, when I press key next to T and U should be Z, and if I use querty pressing key next to T and U should be Y.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

1 hour ago, podkall said:

Is there anything special about German keyboard?

If you know what each key does, you can use any layout.

If you use German layout in OS, the keyboard should use German key layout.

Same if I use quertz, when I press key next to T and U should be Z, and if I use querty pressing key next to T and U should be Y.

The German keyboard uses a ISO layout, not ANSI, so this would only properly work with another ISO board. And wanting your keycaps to match their actual function isn't unreasonable.

If you are swapping out the switches anyway, you could explore more exotic clicky switches than Gateron Blues.

3 hours ago, tomatensaftliebhaber027 said:

I mean...how were we supposed to know that from your OP?

For what it is worth, I used ANSI and swap between US-ENG and ISO-DE in the OS for Umlaute and ß, pretty simple after a while. Opens up a lot more options when it comes to keyboards, but I understand not everyone is into that.

2 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

The German keyboard uses a ISO layout, not ANSI, so this would only properly work with another ISO board. And wanting your keycaps to match their actual function isn't unreasonable.

If you are swapping out the switches anyway, you could explore more exotic clicky switches than Gateron Blues.

I have US keyboard and I use Czech layout, might be simpler than German, but it's covering everything and since I know where each Czech language specific key is located I don't need labels on it.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti