Obvious texture grids in Ghost of Tsushima Act 3

Go to solution Solved by podkall,
31 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

Yeah I tried asking there, only response I got was "go grab a beer or something", so I'm not holding my breath lmao.

lmao,

I guess you just have to roll with it, might be unpolished detail devs forgot about, or some weird anomaly affecting some people again due to unpolished whatever the devs left like that..

Definitely better than crashes and other that stuff though.

I've been loving GoT so far and it's running flawlessly on my rig. However upon reaching Act 3, I noticed a lot of the snowy paths show a kind of "grid" on their textures, as if they're not quite joining together and showing the snow underneath. I tried clearing my shader cache, changing tessellation mode to "application controlled" instead of "AMD optimized", but no luck. Is this a known bug / is there a solution to this, or do I just have to ignore it?

Specs:

Win11

R7 5800X3D w/ Dark Rock 4 cooler

Asus ROG B550-A ATX

RX 7900XT Sapphire Pulse

32gb DDR4-3200

Game is running on a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2tb NVME

GPU drivers are the most recent type.

GoT grid1.png

GoT grid2.png

That is weird, one thing I could dig from Google was you could try to see if tweaking anisotropic filtering or anti-aliasing helps,

some people also mentioned that these problems might show when these settings are forced in the graphic card's driver settings.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

9 hours ago, podkall said:

That is weird, one thing I could dig from Google was you could try to see if tweaking anisotropic filtering or anti-aliasing helps,

some people also mentioned that these problems might show when these settings are forced in the graphic card's driver settings.

I tried to turn off all texture filtering stuff via Catalyst and also tried turning those same options up. Made no difference. I'll keep having a look around and see if I can find some kind of answer to what's happening.

1 hour ago, fastfishy2 said:

I tried to turn off all texture filtering stuff via Catalyst and also tried turning those same options up. Made no difference. I'll keep having a look around and see if I can find some kind of answer to what's happening.

fastest way to try all settings, is to use overall settigns if the game has one, where if you put low all other settings go to low, etc. if that helps or not, then it would be a matter of finding which does it if that fixes it

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

PCs I used before:

2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

2 hours ago, podkall said:

fastest way to try all settings, is to use overall settigns if the game has one, where if you put low all other settings go to low, etc. if that helps or not, then it would be a matter of finding which does it if that fixes it

ok so I've tried resetting everything in Catalyst to default as well as removing the custom tuning profile for the game and resetting the shader cache. This had no effect. Playing around with the in-game graphics menu and AA settings also did nothing. It's almost like the game thinks the ground textures (Note: not other textures) are "meant" to be this way. It also only affects some ground textures, not others. Some pathways are completely unaffected.

7 hours ago, fastfishy2 said:

ok so I've tried resetting everything in Catalyst to default as well as removing the custom tuning profile for the game and resetting the shader cache. This had no effect. Playing around with the in-game graphics menu and AA settings also did nothing. It's almost like the game thinks the ground textures (Note: not other textures) are "meant" to be this way. It also only affects some ground textures, not others. Some pathways are completely unaffected.

if you have reddit, you could try asking in the game's dedicated subreddit, otherwise I'm out of ideas

current PC:

PCs I used before:

33 minutes ago, podkall said:

if you have reddit, you could try asking in the game's dedicated subreddit, otherwise I'm out of ideas

Yeah I tried asking there, only response I got was "go grab a beer or something", so I'm not holding my breath lmao.

I can't reproduce the problem in other PS ports so far, and it's limited to about 50% of ground based textures in the game, with the other half unaffected. All other texture types also unaffected. I DDU'd my drivers and reinstalled catalyst but it made no difference. Honestly compared to some of the other issues I've heard people having, I might have it easy lol. Not had a single crash or anything since updating my drivers after launch. My mate with a 3090 was getting crashes every hour.

31 minutes ago, fastfishy2 said:

lmao,

I guess you just have to roll with it, might be unpolished detail devs forgot about, or some weird anomaly affecting some people again due to unpolished whatever the devs left like that..

current PC:

PCs I used before:

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

lmao,

Someone on another forum suggested texture corruption, but it doesn't even look remotely like the results that came up when I googled it. I think I'll just chalk it up to an unpolished detail of the port. Forbidden West didn't turn up anything like it, neither did Spider-Man Remastered or Days Gone.