Intel to spend $6 billion on 10nm fab in Israel

Jerakl

SOURCE:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/anton-shilov/intel-to-spend-6-billion-on-10nm-fab-in-israel/

The Israeli government announced this week that it has approved a plan submitted by Intel Corp. regarding upgrading its fab in Kiryat Gat. Under the terms of the plan the chip giant intends to significantly modernize its semiconductor manufacturing facility in order to build chips using 10nm process technology there.

Intel plans to spend as much as $6 billion (€4.67 billion, £3.66) on the upgrades necessary to make chips using the forthcoming 10nm process technology in Kiryat Gat. The government of Israel will grant Intel $300 million over five years in subsidies and the world’s largest chip designer will be eligible to pay a corporate tax rate of only 5 per cent for a 10-year period, reports Reuters news-agency.

intel_ireland_semiconductor_chip_fab_300

Well, this is cool! As some of you may know, Isreal tends to be pretty high up in technological research. I remember hearing how they came up with a contact that had a camera that could connect to the optic nerve so that a blind person could see, or something like that.

Either way, this will be interesting.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Cool, but 14nm Broadwell is just barely coming out :P

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

As some of you may know, Israel tends to be pretty high up in technological research.

I didn't tbh.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

i don't really care were companies make there stuff, i dont like it when the governments of said countries uses it as propaganda bases

hope it dosent get blown up

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Hopefully its safe there...

"Hey <Insert Middle Eastern Anti-Semitic Faction Of Your Choice>!"

"What?! We're trying demolish Israel!"

"Hey, uh you think you could stop trying to destroy Israel?"

"Why would we want to do that?!"

"I hear Intel is investing in a 10 fabrication facility there!"

"ok m8 7fnDSWc.png"

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

@Swndlr will like this ;)

yeh bro you know it #lttsofficialJEW #jewmasterrace #israelnumberone #jewrrichestspecies

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i don't really care were companies make there stuff, i dont like it when the governments of said countries uses it as propaganda bases

They're not....?

All I read was them saying they approved it....

"Hey <Insert Middle Eastern Anti-Semitic Faction Of Your Choice>!"

"What?! We're trying demolish Israel!"

"Hey, uh you think you could stop trying to destroy Israel?"

"Why would we want to do that?!"

"I hear Intel is investing in a 10 fabrication facility there!"

"ok m8 7fnDSWc.png"

tell that to ISIS...

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

tell that to ISIS...

I originally input ISIS, but there are a lot of other groups hating on Israel besides them. So I'll let you decide which one!

What I want is a chip the size of that entire wafer. In 6nm. And I want it now,on an Asus workstation board from 300 years into the future, supporting crystallized dilithium memory and all subspace nanofiber tracing. And heatsinks made of impossibrum. Transparent silicone PCB, of course. 7 PCIx x512 slots and 26 Thunderbolt MXVII ports.

Anything over a nanosecond of rendering time on a 1 hour video in 32K resolution and I'll be pissed.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Cool, but 14nm Broadwell is just barely coming out :P

Skylake is coming right on its heels at the start of H2 2015. Intel has 2 10nm fabs. already built in China. This might be for Cannonlake's successor since they still need time to get UVL working. They're not using ultraviolet for Cannonlake because it won't be ready in time, meaning it's expense and production time will be higher.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm not sure that now is the best of times for this....

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

yeh bro you know it #lttsofficialJEW #jewmasterrace #israelnumberone #jewrrichestspecies

WTF?

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

WTF?

WHAT?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If Intel spends as much money as Microsoft on Minecraft on their facilities, we would have 8nm chips on our PCs by next year.

I don't understand why Intel chooses Israel. It's not like this is Asia where the biggest incentive is cheap labour.

Why build your factory thousands of kilometers away? Isn't that inefficient?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I don't understand why Intel chooses Israel. It's not like this is Asia where the biggest incentive is cheap labour.

What build your factory thousands of kilometers away? Isn't that inefficient?

Israel wanted Intel to put one there, and I guess Ireland was battling with Israel to get the plant. Also this isn't the first thing Intel did for Israel, they've been doing things there for a while so it isn't that surprising they're doing more.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

What build your factory thousands of kilometers away? Isn't that inefficient?

And this

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650