Would You Ditch your PC if Consoles Had the Same Horsepower as High End Gaming Rigs?

Controllers suck.

no they dont you just cant use them!  the mouse is "better" than a stick and what i mean is easyer so for a chalange play on controler.  as for keyboard.....controller si so much better everything is in a much more iintuative place........

this of course only really applies to some games ....fps and 3rd person shooter, for diriving games controler is a clear winner and for rts etc then its m+k

i wouldnt give up my pc there is so much more i can do on it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

NO.

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Nope. I do to much besides just gaming on mine for me to justify making that kind of decision.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Probably not. Hard to do office work and other productivity activities on a console and the entertainment side aside from games is also a bit clunky on consoles.

No. Keyboard and mouse master race. Not using and inferior input device no matter what. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

No, because PC would still have a lot of advantages for me over a console: cheaper games, productivity, building & upgrading, backwards compatibility etc.  

Water cooled consoles ? Meh...

Can you alt tab for a quick browse ? Meh...

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Even if today's consoles had the power, quality, and performance as a PC without the in fluxed price tag, you'd still be at a loss.  Some games are exclusive to specific consoles, so in order to take full advantage, you'd have to get both consoles which means not only are you spending more money, but you're having to acclimate yourself with 2 pretty different controllers. 

I personally have a PS3 and my lil brother has the XBox.  We both have Rainbow Six, I kick [donkey] on my PS3.  The same game on the same level I fumble around every so often and my level of skill greatly drops. 
"Crap I was trying to shoot and tossed a grenade" "shoot I was trying to swap guns a ended up dropping it by mistake. 
And it makes me laugh because the controllers are not vastly different, they're quite similar, but at the same time many things are simply different. 

On top of that, a gaming PC can be upgraded throughout time.  5yrs from now if 4k graphics become the new 1080i/p, you'll simply need to swap graphics cards, instead of throwing the comp away and making a new from scratch.  Next to that, using the right parts, load times are nearly nonexistent.  And on and on.  There are just so many advantages for the PC over any console.

The thing about consoles is when you make them better in literally every way they just become PC's.

Add better performance and graphics 

Add the ability to run CAD programs, surf the web, and do important tasks 

Add the ability to have different OS on console

Add the ability to have a mouse and keyboard for precision and custom keybinds 

Add the ability to customize, upgrade, and even build consoles 

= PC

So no, I wouldnt.  I'd just stick with my baby.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Nope. I'd stick with my PC. Ability to upgrade as I please. Ability to use any device I want. Keyboard+Mouse or a controller. And thanks to Steam sales I never paid full price for a game even once. Apart from that it's a PC so you can mod games if there's a community for it.

No, because like others have said, 

-KB/M (without the need for expensive adapters which can be unreliable and/or considered cheating)

-The ability to use any controller or gamepad that I want

-Hardware upgradeability/customizability

-Nearly perfect backwards compatibility with every PC game ever made

-Office/productivity

-Freedom with what I can/can't do

-Freedom to choose my own ingame graphics settings the way I want

-Dual monitors

If console could do all that, it would probably just be considered a PC, in which case this whole discussion would be a moot point.. 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

No. For some controllers games are great. Others they suck.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

LOL, I've literally had every console before this new gen. WiiU warranted a buy but I couldn't justify buying an xbone or ps4; no exlusives that interest me (except kingdom hearts 3 *GASP*) or much of an improvement over the last gen.

100% word after word agree with @TheRetiredSlave

These days I dont even just game, I play in windowed mode and watch youtube/twitch/movie/do research/facebook in other window.q

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

No because I can upgrade individual parts and I have the abilty to run a bunch of programs at one time and use multiple monitors. There is no need to spend that much on a box that does so little and cost that much.

I would buy a console, but i would never ditch my PC, where would i do my work  if i were to do so?

The main reason why I have a PC for gaming is'nt because of the better performance than consoles. I play PC because of keyboard and mouse > controllers, better modding support, better versatility, better upgrade capabilities. The list goes on.

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

No because of three things:

1.) I love the mouse and keyboard. This mouse allows me to aim accurately.

2.) I can't build it or upgrade.

3.) I can't play spotify in the background.

After that it the idea seems great.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

No because PCs can browse web easily and you can edit videos and do a ton of stuff .. + mouse and keyboard

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

LOL, I've literally had every console before this new gen. WiiU warranted a buy but I couldn't justify buying an xbone or ps4; no exlusives that interest me (except kingdom hearts 3 *GASP*) or much of an improvement over the last gen.

Right, but when they get a fuck load of exclusives (just like 360 and PS3 has), it'll be more than worth it. Consoles always start off with a weak selection of games, but end with a huge library filled with exclusives.

There is just something about being able to customize a PC build to no other, that consoles will never have. For me it would not be all about the performance, but what I can customize hardware wise on the console.

I love taking something and transforming it into a piece of art, give me that, and I'll think about it lol. We know that will never happen for consoles so my answer is " Hell No" I will never change to a console.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I don't get the same feeling when I use a console when I use a PC. I feel that my PC runs smoother than a console anyway.

I don't think that I'd ever convert to using a console even though there's only a few people I know in real life that are PC gamers - Majority of people I know don't understand PC Gaming it's self haha.

My honest answer: Hell no!

Reason: I can't use controllers, hands are too big, Don't like the fact I can't use my keyboard nor can I do everyday tasks on it such as school work - consoles aren't practical for my needs. 

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

I can't use a controller, and don't really want to try. If they offered the same kb+m experience plus all the PC Exclusives for a quatar if teh price I might.

Horsepower aint everything.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones