Would You Ditch your PC if Consoles Had the Same Horsepower as High End Gaming Rigs?

Can I install Sublime Text in it

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I love consoles only reason I switched to PC master race (HEIL GABEN) is because console quality is degrading but consoles have a better playable experience for me than PC's imo 

I do more than game on my PC, consoles are good a one thing, whilst PC are good a many things.

Forums, real internet, workstation, work. Stuff.

superior sales.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I wouldn't because it'll cost 4x more than a high end PC, and second because there probably wouldn't be any mod support for games.

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

I think it really depends on the games being played... If of equivalent power, I'd honestly be using the console a bit more than the PC, as I'd use it for casual gaming. I don't mean stuff like 'Flappy bird' or candy crush garbage, but casual in the sense that it isn't a competitive game with a professional scene. Think RPGs and other single player games, or the FPS games where the campaign is an actual story and where I could care less to play online competitively, more just to have fun. However, for competition games requiring fast reflexes, be it Starcraft, League of Legends, Counterstrike, etc... or games like Skyrim where it can be tedious to navigate item and battle menus with limited hotkeys, I much prefer the responsiveness of the PC. Plus, it's always amusing to rebind your trigger in FPS games to your scroll wheel so that semi-autos are effectively fully automatic. No neat tricks like that on consoles. 

PC isn't only for doing what conslows do but better, PC is for everything.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It's not so much the power of the system (methought it helps) it's also the cost of the games, the variety of the content and the customisable options on the rig itself, you only have to view the show off your rig to see just how many different builds people can design with the products out there it really makes you feel like you own the PC rather than renting a console while the manufacturer decides just how long they'll support it or make games for it. I can still play dos games on my PC now THAT is backwards compatibility for you.

There are more reasons than hardware performance that I made the switch to PC. 

No becuase a console feels like its locked up pc i also have more mod options for games like skyrim etc and counter strike and dayz 2 of my favs are not good on console (well dayz is comeing to console but still)

I think people who are already into consoles would appreciate it, but there is just too much you can do with a PC to justify leaving the platform for something you can only use for gaming.

Fuck no, even if Sony or Microsoft made a console with the same power as a high end machine, a new graphics card and processor can be released and instantly be more powerful than the consoles.

My PC rig: I7-4790, Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87, EVGA GTX 780 SC ATX 6GB, Thermaltake Urban S31 Case with Window, Corsair RM 850, Samsung Evo 120gb SSD, 5TB HDD, Kingston Hyper 1866 8GB RAM

nope i wouldnt do something that stupid

what would be the fun in  that?

Until consoles are able to do ALL the things my PC can do, i'll not be switching - by which point they will technically no longer be consoles anyway.

But it's not one or the other for me anyhow, I still buy/play Nintendo consoles.

I would ditch a gaming pc for an equally powerful and priced console. I don't game much nowadays.most of the games I like are multiplatform. After a 15 hour shift I don't want to sit at a desk to play. I'd rather lay in bed or be on the couch. Yes I would miss out on modding games but I can live with that because I don't have time to spend modding. I just want to boot it up play and turn it off when I'm done. I can live a defect happy life having a general non gaming pc and a console that was powerful.

If i could still use a keyboard and mouse, AND be able to upgrade the hardware, i would consider getting a console and putting up with the locked OS so i could only game on that machine. i would not ditch my PC entirely, but i'd consider one, only if those two conditions were possible. 

....isnt that what Steam OS or Steam Box will sort of be like? i may be wrong, i don't know much about it.

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

I've played on the console in the PS and PS2 era(long long time ago). Now I simply prefer my keyboard and mouse, and the fact that I can upgrade the PC at any time is an added bonus, tinker away sailors!

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Regardless of current perfomance difference between PC & Consoles, if  consoles are able to put the performance under similar price tag to a PC gaming experience, would you switch to consoles for same exprience as the PC..(gpu+cpu)

What will you do?.......

The PC is superior in terms of operational flexibility, so it still gets my vote. A PC is also more tweakable and expandable.

Even if we disregard these things, I do not like how console games are dumb-proofed (you can't even optimize image quality or frame rate by yourself).

It's not even about the power anymore for me but the fact that game developers are still producing the games on 8 year old consoles that severely limit the capabilities of the new consoles and take time and effort away from actually making a good next-gen game.

But I would still be hysterically happy if Macrohard would decide to put some effort into it next time.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I might consider buying a console as well if this were the case, but I like my pretty, and I like how useful the PC is.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I would certainly consider it. There is no complicated messing with settings, trying to get the game working etc. Having a full time job and family means I don't have the time I would like tinkering!..

The only real reason I didn't buy a PS4 is because I refuse to pay to play online. I don't have the time to get my monies worth. That and games are expensive.

Console or PC..... PC will always win better price/performance ratio, more exclusives, we have Steam, generally less trolls and we have Linus

OBVIOUSlLY  I would still stay with PC So can mod it and upgrade and use a monitor not a TV