Destiny makes $500 million in first 24 hours

Rafy

“Based on extraordinary audience demand, retail and first party orders worldwide have exceeded $500 million for Destiny,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “This industry milestone marks another blockbuster success for our company and demonstrates our unique ability to create some of the most successful entertainment franchises in the world. The success of Destiny, along with the recent introduction of Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone, is further validation of our unique capabilities to create great entertainment franchises from the ground up.”

“Since the beginning, we’ve been confident that our investment and belief in Destiny would pay off. But not many people believed we’d be able to say it did so on day one,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Destiny is officially the biggest new franchise launch in our industry’s history. It’s also the highest-selling day one digital console release in history. We have more confidence than ever that Destiny will become one of the iconic franchises of this generation, and Activision’s next billion dollar brand. Most importantly, it’s just a great game which we can’t stop playing. A big thanks to our incredibly talented team and partners who helped make this happen, most importantly, our partners at Bungie.”

It really makes me think whether things would have turned out differently had reviews come out a day before release.

Source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/activision-sells-in-more-than-500-million-of-destiny-worldwide-as-of-day-one-2014-09-10?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Lord

I don't see whats so appealing about this game

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

can't wait for people to start returning the game  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

jump on the hype train before even the hired youtuber notice what shit they ringed the bell for. Just saying BF4.....

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Lord

I don't see whats so appealing about this game

Ditto, guess I missed all the hype. I've seen some footage, just looked like an FPS. Not on PC so that might be why I'm not hyped in the slightest. I saw a rumour post that its possibly coming to PC at some point, so on the bright side when/if it comes to PC we'll know if its bad and it will have all the bugs etc worked out. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Saw the trailers and stuff, thought it was kinda cool learned there was no PC game as of now stopped paying attention to it mostly.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Does "retail and first party orders" refer to units shipped to retailers, or does it mean actual units sold to customers? I've never been fully clear on these kind of terms.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure it means copies sold through both retail and their store.

Saw the trailers and stuff, thought it was kinda cool learned there was no PC game as of now stopped paying attention to it mostly.

PC version is probably going to come out next year or so.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

My god I love the endless negativity of this community...

I think they're bitter cause it's not on PC.

I don't actually know much about Destiny, I had to Google to see if it was out on PC. Haha.

PC version is probably going to come out next year or so.

Ya probably gonna be another GTA V, Console people cry for no PC version but there are way more PC guys who are more vocal/more popular and can do a lot to there company's reputation. I really hope so, and hopefully it wont be like Watchs Dogs.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Gee I wonder how we can be negative about an overhyped 30fps shooter with little to no variation in gameplay and only 6 man "raids."

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Ya probably gonna be another GTA V, Console people cry for no PC version but there are way more PC guys who are more vocal/more popular and can do a lot to there company's reputation. I really hope so, and hopefully it wont be like Watchs Dogs.

Wait, console peasants cry for there to be no PC version of games?

50556_451720575284_6136064_n_zpse11b39a5

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The endless negativity comes from being screwed over too many times. Remember BF3 and BF4? Some of us still haven't forgotten.

sux

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

The endless negativity comes from being screwed over too many times. Remember BF3 and BF4? Some of us still haven't forgotten.

Never forget.

Although it was getting fairly obvious when Bad Company 2 for PC was so casual.

BF2/2142 are last two good Battlefield games.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

If I get a ps4 before it comes to PC, I might go and pick up a preowned copy of it, but otherwise, meh. It looks a good game, and probably shows off the new consoles really well, but when I've no way to play it I can't get excited for it. But that money though, that's a hell of a lot in such a short amount of time. Really shows what marketing can do these days.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Why do all the reviews say 'review in progress' literally all of them say that and there's no meta.

I have somehow menegaed to completely miss the hype train. And now I have zero interest in learning anything about the games. I'm not kidding when I say I don't know what genre this games is. Is it an FPS or Third Person Shooter? All I know is the name "Destiny" sounds stupid.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.