Project Gene5is (CaseLabs SMA8/i7 4790k/780 Ti Classy SLI/Maximus VI Formula/Acrylic tubing)

Gene5is

Hi everyone, this will be my first build log in this forum and i would really like to share it with you!

Fist of all i would like to share it here because this community helped me so much to understand some important aspects of watercooling and everything that involves PC customization.

Secondly, i would also like to share it to hear your opinions about the build and the choices i take!

It took me roughly 6 to 8 months to get all the money to buy all the parts i needed(case, acrylic bending tools, fittings, waterblocks etc) and i guess im happy with everything i chosed. I also used spare parts from my old builds.

The PC Specs are the following:

-Caselabs Magnum SMA8(with carbon fiber wrapping, just because i like the fact that it looks good and also protect the case from scratches)

-Maximus VI Formula(bios updated to match the processor)

-Intel Core i7 4970k

-16Gb. Ram Corsair Dominator 1866mhz 

-2 x EVGA Gtx 780Ti SLI

-Asus Xonar Essence STX

-2 x Samsung EVO 250Gb. SSD

-2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black

-1 x 1Tb Samsung HDD

-1 x Corsair AX 1200

-Corsair Individualy Sleeved Modular Cables - Red

-Some MaxFinder Sleeved Cable Extensions Black/Blood Red

Watercooling components:

-Primochill Acrylic Tubing

-Primochill Revolver Compression Fittings(Black /  Nickel Plated Brass)

-1 x Alphacool Nexxos Monsta 560 rad

-1 x Alphacool Nexxos Monsta 480 rad

-1 x EK Supremacy Clean CSQ CPU waterblock

-2 x EK FC780 GTX classy - Acetal + Nickel GPU Waterblocks

-Lots of Bitspower Adapters

-8 x Corsair Air Series SP 140MM Led red Fans

-4 x Corsair Air Series SP 120MM Led red Fans

-3 x Corsair Air Series AF 120MM Fans

-1 x Corsair Air Series AF 140MM Fan

-1 x Alphacool VPP655 Variable Speed Pump

-1 x Bitspower Water Tank Z Multi 200 V2 - Clear body & POM version 

-1 x Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkle Finish

-1 x Bitspower D5 Mod Pump Top V2 (Acrylic Version)

-2 x (or maybe 3) ModMyToys 4-Pin Power Distribution PCB - 8-Way block

And maybe, a lot more stuff that im forgetting :P

I'll leave you with some pictures of what ive been doing so far.. i started building this a month ago(i dont live in the usa and stuff takes time to arrive to my country, i live in Paraguay, South america :P ) and i plan on finishing it in 1-3 weeks depending on when the latest parts arrive.

Also before even getting to the photos id like to add that i dont have any sort of professional camara nor professional camara equipment. All pictures have been taken using my Samsung Galaxy S IV so im already sorry for the bad quality.

Some of the stuff that arrived during the 6-8 months period:

le2pVdYh.jpg

R6R7MeHh.jpg

FAOx0Hch.jpg

8VtH8Kph.jpg

BS7itGwh.jpg

dJoZiXSh.jpg

H59huTIh.jpg

9egBcTvh.jpg

Old GTX 580 with bitswpower wb for comparison, these things are gigantic.

5tW89N5h.jpg

The case box itself, it came in an EXCELLENT packaging. Every part came perfectly sealed inside hard plastic bags.

865TpyGh.jpg

0xB9c9Qh.jpg

it also comes with their own building tools:

WGLu7MFh.jpg

Everything set up to start wrapping:

jMcdKg2h.jpg

this is a small preview before finishing this piece:

MqxQAWKh.jpg

and here is the case interior finished:

LzT3d9wh.jpg

Also i would like to add that i ran out of wrapping so ill be finishing the wrapping process later on. 

In the other hand i used small pieces of wrapping to do the following(btw i think it looks pretty cool):

hrjxgjdh.jpg

06QtffVh.jpg

aAtOMtUh.jpg

VGAS with waterblocks and backplates installed:

zgOXRW5h.jpg

MoVKvxXh.jpg

RaJbvyyh.jpg

now, using the removable motherboard tray im testing how the setup is going to look

7Odv0zah.jpg

note: im using that res as an example of what im trying to acomplish!.. thats a 150ml res, im getting one a little bit bigger for the finished build(200ml res)

sB8D9g1h.jpg

and this is in the background of the building it has plenty of space to do cable management but the cables arent so friendly themselves.. damn i hate the fact that i suck at sleeving and creating custom cables  :P

fMrkLZoh.jpg

Aaaand thats it so far! thank you all in advance for sharing your thoughts and/or opinions!.. cheers!

Please let me know what you think! :)

PS: sorry for typos and bad english, if there is anything you couldnt understand, ill do my best to answer any questions! 

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

i expected a powermac g5 build.... im sad :( , i love that case...

but caselabs is even better, nice build!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

That rig makes my pc look like a potato.

Sweet Build, I really like that carbon design!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The amount of carbon fiber warp that was used....I just LOVE IT

Now you make me want to warp my Define r4 with it :P

But overall I must say a VERY nice and clean build.

haha yeah considering ill be using 1 and a half of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B9W0IC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and also considering the fact that they are 60'' by 59'', yep.. thats a lot!.. haha 

also thanks for the feedback! hehe

i expected a powermac g5 build.... im sad :( , i love that case...

but caselabs is even better, nice build!

Actually the name comes out of my own nickname, G(ene)5(is), i couldnt figure out anything more creative to name it but since its not finished yet, the name can also be updated! haha

thanks!

Maaaad

Really freakin' nice man. Looking forward to it.

Thanks bro! ill be updating as soon as i make any small change!

That rig makes my pc look like a potato.

Sweet Build, I really like that carbon design!

haha thanks for feedback bro!...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update, some cable extensions arrived yesterday aswell with a new screwdriver kit and some more fittings.

I highly recommend this kit because it isnt expensive at all and it comes with everything you might need(even if you are into repairing cellphones or small electronic devices too)

oFMHfMVh.jpg

btw the cable extensions look amazing, tbh i didnt expect such high quality, maxfinder is doing a solid work with these.

WeA4InPh.jpg

77jc8ySh.jpg

GIcDd0Lh.jpg

and the fittings:

NGXRqoTh.jpg

PS: Sorry i dont have the time nor the appropriate equipment to take better photos, so im gonna leave you with a picture of my camera  :D  :D

potato.jpg

and thats it for now, i hope i can finish the build during this week or maybe during next weekend!.. thank you all for your support!

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

Looking very nice so far! And jeez those pics are HUGEEE

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

• 3 weeks later...

the build looks epicly awesome and that carbon cover,

i just came :-P

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

• 2 weeks later...

i know its been a while already(ive finished the build a week or 2 after posting this!) but i couldnt find a decent camera so far, ive been looking for some good options but they are all so expensive that im just gonna wait on a friend of mine to lend me hers  :P

for now ill just leave you with one small picture taken with my galaxy s4 again!

YiBYQBjh.jpg

ill post more once i get my friends camera!

thank you all for your support!  :D  :D

EDIT: i also dont know how to post pictures in a smaller format, any suggestions? =/

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone, i know its an old post but ive finally completed my build.. ill post some pictures(i did my best about the quality but the camera isnt the best and my hands also shake a lot so bare with me) and let you guys judge :P.

Idk why the liquid color seems kind of orange and the cables seem pinkish but they look pretty much the same irl! weird but whatever.

Also Mayhems tharsis red liquid looks amazing!. and its also one of the best liquids ive ever used, left no gunks, corrosion or anything like that. Clean stuff!

DyaXVDHh.jpg

Theres so much room for activities!

uOS2195h.jpg

yRvv7Tth.jpg

fBbZLo4h.jpg

CiFYsKvh.jpg

fjOVF8Wh.jpg

MfjFU0Ah.jpg

hW58u4bh.jpg

JhWtimPh.jpg

CiRm5X3h.jpg

O43KbAgh.jpg

eF2kmFGh.jpg

ZpMoH0rh.jpg

n7je60bh.jpg

MQSJRBAh.jpg

907YH63h.jpg

VQgTGh4h.jpg

WQNHiQOh.jpg

IqTf46ph.jpg

o5jWJpmh.jpg

i dont really like taking pictures with flash but you can really see the liquid colors in this ones.. 

65sUVFph.jpg

FMwG0tLh.jpg

Any suggestions on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks! 

Hello everyone, i know its an old post but ive finally completed my build.. ill post some pictures(i did my best about the quality but the camera isnt the best and my hands also shake a lot so bare with me) and let you guys judge :P.

Idk why the liquid color seems kind of orange and the cables seem pinkish but they look pretty much the same irl! weird but whatever.

Also Mayhems tharsis red liquid looks amazing!. and its also one of the best liquids ive ever used, left no gunks, corrosion or anything like that. Clean stuff!

<snip>

Any suggestions on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks! 

Maybe a rad in the front for more cooling? But other than that, epic build!

Maybe a rad in the front for more cooling? But other than that, epic build!

that was the idea on the beggining but having that behemoth on top doesnt provides enough room for a front rad..

also i guess i could add a small 140 rad on the back, what do you think?

Kudos to the attention to detail and build quality. I'm just questioning the need for such a massive case.

thanks! and actually there is no "need" for it, i just like the case and i feel comfortable building on it!.. theres even enough room to fit another motherboard in there :P... might aswell build 2 pcs in one haha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

on the other hand i decided to take pictures with my galaxy note 4(i replaced my old s4 with this one) and colors seems better in those pictures!...

armgpLPh.jpg

m9yTOUrh.jpg

teyMPiDh.jpg

3K4T4Yih.jpg

7tIXJwbh.jpg

7BmDomlh.jpg

r73PRiph.jpg

Good looking build dude! 

thanks man!.. i know it has its imperfections but its mine and i love it! haha

interesting

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Really nice!

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

that was the idea on the beggining but having that behemoth on top doesnt provides enough room for a front rad..

also i guess i could add a small 140 rad on the back, what do you think?

As long as your mobo and your case can support a thick one, sounds cool! A thick one or a thin one in push/pull fan config might interfere with the left tube going to the cpu. You could always put a super thick 240/280 rad in the front with the ports on the bottom (to not interfere with the top rad), you'd only have to move the pump/res. If temps are good as it is now, then pass on putting another rad until you change something significant in the build (ie: X99, 3-4 gpus)

Holy shitttt that things a beast

yeah its kinda big! but i like the size, it provides good airflow for better cooling! :D...

Im in love :P

tumblr_ngdvnelign1secagoo1_400.gif

but seriously, thanks! haha

interesting

yeah i guess! :)

Really nice!

Thanks bro!

As long as your mobo and your case can support a thick one, sounds cool! A thick one or a thin one in push/pull fan config might interfere with the left tube going to the cpu. You could always put a super thick 240/280 rad in the front with the ports on the bottom (to not interfere with the top rad), you'd only have to move the pump/res. If temps are good as it is now, then pass on putting another rad until you change something significant in the build (ie: X99, 3-4 gpus)

yeah i was thinking to do that.. maybe by the end of the year i end up updating some small parts and adding a double thick 240 rad! thanks for the tip :)

bigger window

yeah i was thinking about that! and also fill that big gap beetween motherboard and res with something.. uhmm maybe a decal or something like that.. still thinking about that!

No prob. Excited to see how it comes out!

cool!.. thanks! ill be updating this post whenever i do some more progress!.. next step is getting a custom table and chair!.. :)