AT&T and Verizon says 4Mbps is enough [ISP WTF]

Jerakl

According to documents filed to the FCC by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), broadband is already fast enough. The filing argued that 4Mbps (0.5 MBps) is fast enough to be considered broadband. NCTA represents both At&T as well as Verizon. The filing was made in response to the FCC considering redefining broadband to 10Mbps.

Fiber-Optic-Internet-770x472.jpg

IMAGES

Uh oh, cue Logan! ISP WTF.

I don't live in the US, so I don't really know much about what's going on. I do however know that if this is allowed, people will start to follow.

SOURCE: http://hardware-360.com/att-and-verizon-says-4mbps-is-enough/

I'm sorry if this is a repost :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It is for around 60% of people, if not mere than that.

It's the ping time that matters.

Bring on the h8 guise

Compatible with Windows 95

On a weekly basis they find new, creatively innovative ways to disgust me, and a good amount of others I presume.

Oh yes. Every week I hear something about US ISP's being stupid on The Tek.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What do they mean "enough" sure its enough to browse facebook, but things will change file sizes will become larger

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

It's funny how right now i have a 5mbps connection and i'm struggling watching 720p videos,let alone 1080p with 4mbps.

This is such bullshit.I feel very sorry for you guys if this happens.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

it is!

Because i can download like 6gb in a week!!! HOW AMAZING

And 480p is good enough

And while we're at it, lets all go out and buy some Pentium D's

And might as well switch to dial-up

and drag that old pc out from the basement

and bend all the pins in a LGA1150 board!1

YAYA

Ok im done now

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

What do they mean "enough" sure its enough to browse facebook, but things will change file sizes will become larger

Because evolving in technology isn't a thing, obviously.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

a whopping 500KB/s 

gross

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Cmon guys, i have had always 4mb/s and it is enough. You can watch youtube at 720p no problems and that is enough for most consumers. For a base plan i don't think is that bad, i've seen worse.

Or maybe living in a 3rd world country makes my expectations much lower.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Cmon guys, i have had always 4mb/s and it is enough. You can watch youtube at 720p no problems and that is enough for most consumers. For a base plan i don't think is that bad, i've seen worse.

I was going to say the same thing. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

it may be enough for a single youtube vid but most households have netflix, youtube, general browsing, and gaming going on all at the same time

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Maybe 5 years ago.

Let's base what is broadband speed by a simple test. Open up a full HD Youtube video and open up a full quality twitch stream next to it. Then surf the web. If you can do all of that at the same time with no problem then your speed can be classified as broadband.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

it may be enough for a single youtube vid but most households have netflix, youtube, general browsing, and gaming going on all at the same time

Yeah but a household with more than 1 person is able to afford faster internet. I was thinking for a single person with a low budget.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I have 85 down and it feels too slow.

This isn't the 90's AT&T / Verizon.

Try using a VPN 85 down should not be to slow, I have 100 down and loading websites is instantaneous, your ISP is probably throttling the sites you find slow

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ